FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

{HELP} Interactive Help Forum!{TUTORIALS} Where questions are encouraged!

2,797 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,879
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st April 2012, 12:06 AM |#41  
jeffsanace's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, De.
Thanks Meter: 2,879
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpz3.14

I'll give this a go. I'm running ODJub HD Express for Thunderbolt (mish mash of sense 3.0 bases) and managed to mess up the power options menu text when I was doing my general theming. I'm pretty sure it happened when I did the first pass with UOT Kitchen, but I also ninja morphed some changes into both the SystemUI and Framework Res (only .png's though).

I'm guessing this is a .xml issue, but I'm not entirely sure where to go to fix it. Anyone have any ideas?

What you're looking for is in framework-res.apk/res/values/strings. It looks like a line or 2 got deleted or moved causing your problem. What did you ninja morph? Do you have a backup from before you did it? Ninjamorph usually creates one. And lastly, what was it you were trying to theme in framework? I can probably guide you through a better way of doing it.

Edit.. Look on your sd card for Android themes folder, ninjamorph creates it. Inside the folder look in backups and your original should be there.
Last edited by jeffsanace; 21st April 2012 at 12:36 AM.
 
 
21st April 2012, 12:09 AM |#42  
thesparky007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 941
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwokz

Lol, took me a minute to see it, but have you tried reading the text? Its not the correct text for the operation.

Lolz I see it... I think its through an XML ill try to look for it when I get home.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to thesparky007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 05:13 AM |#43  
billbowers's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 2,173
 
Donate to Me
More
Just wanted to say what a fantastic idea Jeff. Lord knows I learned most everything I know from you and Fernando. (and disecting boogaloo blue!) Hope I'll be able to contribute to this thread with some helpful insight. Thanks for all you do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billbowers For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 08:06 AM |#44  
lesscro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag paris
Thanks Meter: 1,882
 
Donate to Me
More
i will start on Android in few days...
this thread will help me to create an unique Phone...


thx ! Genius idea...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lesscro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 08:17 AM |#45  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Can anyone help me create the music lock screen widget on a Samsung epic 4G touch D710? Also can it be used with any music app?

I also posted this in the E4GT theming section. Hope to see some themers stop in here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
21st April 2012, 07:39 PM |#46  
12MaNy's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 800
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXXII

Can anyone help me create the music lock screen widget on a Samsung epic 4G touch D710? Also can it be used with any music app?

I also posted this in the E4GT theming section. Hope to see some themers stop in here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2


I'm no good at creating widgets....but I can mod the hell out of one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 12MaNy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 03:56 PM |#47  
Robobob1221's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 取手市。日本
Thanks Meter: 491
 
Donate to Me
More
extended settings for sense 2.1
Can anyone help?!
I've been looking through the threads for an extended settings mod for the status bar in sense 2.1 but I've had a hard time finding any. most are for 1.0 or 3.5 in my forages or else have resulted in dead link. Attempted flashing some which either resulted in boot-loops or the status bar disappearing from my home screen.
Maybe I haven't been looking deep enough, but if someone could guide me in the right direction I'd be most grateful
22nd April 2012, 07:08 PM |#48  
jeffsanace's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, De.
Thanks Meter: 2,879
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobob1221

Can anyone help?!
I've been looking through the threads for an extended settings mod for the status bar in sense 2.1 but I've had a hard time finding any. most are for 1.0 or 3.5 in my forages or else have resulted in dead link. Attempted flashing some which either resulted in boot-loops or the status bar disappearing from my home screen.
Maybe I haven't been looking deep enough, but if someone could guide me in the right direction I'd be most grateful

Try this link, has a tutorial on adding the mod yourself. Hope this helps.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1434993

Recognized " Bad Seed "
22nd April 2012, 07:12 PM |#49  
jeffsanace's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, De.
Thanks Meter: 2,879
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXXII

Can anyone help me create the music lock screen widget on a Samsung epic 4G touch D710? Also can it be used with any music app?

I also posted this in the E4GT theming section. Hope to see some themers stop in here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

What music widget? And what Lockscreen are you using? If you use widget locker there are a lot of options, ie; Phantom music controls.

Recognized " Bad Seed "
22nd April 2012, 07:35 PM |#50  
Robobob1221's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 取手市。日本
Thanks Meter: 491
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsanace

Try this link, has a tutorial on adding the mod yourself. Hope this helps.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1434993

Recognized " Bad Seed "

Thanks. I'll see if I can implement this.
Another ask. Is there a guide for decompiling and compiling .jar files? Is it the same as .apks? I want to remove the gps reticle and I tried using SteelH's method, but I'm having trouble recompiling the file afterwards.
22nd April 2012, 07:43 PM |#51  
lactardjosh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 300
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobob1221

Thanks. I'll see if I can implement this.
Another ask. Is there a guide for decompiling and compiling .jar files? Is it the same as .apks? I want to remove the gps reticle and I tried using SteelH's method, but I'm having trouble recompiling the file afterwards.

Assuming you are using deodexed .jar files, it's the same as .apks.

Edit: what are you using to decompile/recompile?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lactardjosh For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes