FORUMS

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

EVLeaks Shows Off Possible BlackBerry Android Phone

It wasn’t too long ago that we received reports of BlackBerry planning to use … more

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

[GUIDE] How to create a swap partition on external micro-sd

885 posts
Thanks Meter: 183
 
By Segnale007, Senior Member on 21st April 2012, 10:07 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd April 2012, 04:46 PM |#51  
didicola's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
so now it is ok right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000002.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	1018972  
 
 
22nd April 2012, 04:57 PM |#52  
Segnale007's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunra0815

ok guys, I made a package with devil kernel and swap settings.

1. Read the op carefully!
2. Make a swap partition on your /emmc (512mb should be more than enough)
3. It will only work if you have the following swap partition number!!!

Code:
/dev/block/mmcblk1p2
4. Flash the package via cwm.

5. After a reboot check out if it works with the "free" command.

6. enjoy

If your swap partition has an other number you can change it in the scripts in the .zip package with notepad++ or any linux editor.

1. /systm/etc/fstab
2. /swap.sh

If you do not know what Im talking about do NOT flash!!!

Im not a pro. I made this for myself, but maybe it is usefull for you too ...

Please make a Nandroidbackup before and let me know if it works for you.

Good move.. However we need to find out a way that the script will automatically detect wich partiton is the actual swap partiton to be added on /system/etc/fstab ..
22nd April 2012, 05:04 PM |#53  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segnale007

Good move.. However we need to find out a way that the script will automatically detect wich partiton is the actual swap partiton to be added on /system/etc/fstab ..

Yes, at the moment Im translating all those stuff for our german forum. Maybe I can find out how to grab the partition number later ...

@didicola: Looks good.
22nd April 2012, 06:48 PM |#54  
Segnale007's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by didicola

so now it is ok right?

Yea its working..
22nd April 2012, 07:09 PM |#55  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunra0815

ok guys, I made a package with devil kernel and swap settings.

1. Read the op carefully!
2. Make a swap partition on your /emmc (512mb should be more than enough)
3. It will only work if you have the following swap partition number!!!

Code:
/dev/block/mmcblk1p2
4. Flash the package via cwm.

5. After a reboot check out if it works with the "free" command.

6. enjoy

If your swap partition has an other number you can change it in the scripts in the .zip package with notepad++ or any linux editor.

1. /systm/etc/fstab
2. /swap.sh

If you do not know what Im talking about do NOT flash!!!

Im not a pro. I made this for myself, but maybe it is usefull for you too ...

Please make a Nandroidbackup before and let me know if it works for you.

Ive found a bug. New Version attached!

Code:
echo vm.swappiness=60 >> /system/etc/sysctl.conf
... didnt work in the swap.sh

Now there is a new line in the 05userinit file:
Code:
echo 60 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
This works properly.

Thanks to scheichuwe!
Last edited by sunra0815; 22nd April 2012 at 07:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sunra0815 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 07:35 PM |#56  
didicola's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunra0815

Ive found a bug. New Version attached!

Code:
echo vm.swappiness=60 >> /system/etc/sysctl.conf
... didnt work in the swap.sh

Now there is a new line in the 05userinit file:
Code:
echo 60 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
This works properly.

Thanks to scheichuwe!

there is a new 0.74 version plz integrate it too
22nd April 2012, 07:51 PM |#57  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Code:
shell@android:/ # free
             total         used         free       shared      buffers
Mem:        385772       376352         9420            0        26420
-/+ buffers:             349932        35840
Swap:       514076            0       514076
the used part is remains on 0
is this ok?

sorry for the bad eng...
22nd April 2012, 08:16 PM |#58  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovedby

Code:
shell@android:/ # free
             total         used         free       shared      buffers
Mem:        385772       376352         9420            0        26420
-/+ buffers:             349932        35840
Swap:       514076            0       514076
the used part is remains on 0
is this ok?

sorry for the bad eng...

Open some apps and games and then check the free space again ...
22nd April 2012, 08:29 PM |#59  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunra0815

Open some apps and games and then check the free space again ...

Still the same..
Maybe I did something wrong...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 08:36 PM |#60  
lerkin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag msk
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovedby

Still the same..
Maybe I did something wrong...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Wait a couple of hours

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to lerkin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
swap
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes