Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 38,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]ICS-4.0.4 FLEX-Ressurrection-Aroma_Rev1 (Flexreaper newest edition)(02-Nov-2012)

Tip us?

civato
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 15,119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy22 View Post
Installed R12.5 successfully, having an issue when connecting the my a500 to computer not able to see all the contents of internal sd card, but can see all the files from terminal emulator is there anyway to browse all the files from computer
That is not a issue , I think that is normal , you don't see every file on your computer or you need to change folder settings on pc.
The Following User Says Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BakaNeko59
Old
(Last edited by BakaNeko59; 22nd April 2012 at 07:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 61
Unhappy Maybe not just CWM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by civato View Post
Don't restore data from cwm after flash.
Explained it a few pages back.
It got nothing to do with boot.img.
Please flash r12.5 after you did a full wipe and don't restore data from cwm after the flash.
I downloaded and tested the rom yesterday, it works and its not corrupted.
I didn't restore data from CWM - I DID, however, restore "apps with data" from Titanium Backup (only user installed apps, not system stuff). I've never gotten the CWM data restore to work properly so I don't bother any more. It may be that restoring from TB is also a problem, though.

With all the problems I have with this, my tab is probably bad, but how do you explain to the warranty guy that "It doesn't work when using my rooted leaked ROM stuff and it's all your fault!"? I'm pretty sure they'd get a good laugh and ignore me.

So anyway, I did a FULL wipe and installed the leaked ICS, then rooted and installed the patched ICS bootloader (all in hopes of eliminating SoD's with your ROM...) Then wiped again and installed R12.5. So I had a VERY full wipe. I'll try it again tonight though...

Not blaming you, however. My system just seems to like SoD, cuz even with the ICS boot I still get it with 12.5. The only time I didn't is when I was on the HC boot and loaded the R10 kernel on my R12. Can that still be done with 12.5?

Thanks for all - donation confirmation 64W52281EM318792H.
BakaNeko59
Acer Iconia A500 32gb - CM-10 FLEX
Samsung Galaxy S III (AT&T) - Rooted with S3RX JB
Nook Color (my "backup tab") - CM10 nightlies
And a bunch of other stuff running Android, IOS, Windows 7, Server 2008 R2, Linux, etc.
http://bakarider.net
or, if you're into crafts check out our store at http://www.pnwcrafts.com
The Following User Says Thank You to BakaNeko59 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

civato
Old
(Last edited by civato; 22nd April 2012 at 07:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15,119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaNeko59 View Post
I didn't restore data from CWM - I DID, however, restore "apps with data" from Titanium Backup (only user installed apps, not system stuff). I've never gotten the CWM data restore to work properly so I don't bother any more. It may be that restoring from TB is also a problem, though.

With all the problems I have with this, my tab is probably bad, but how do you explain to the warranty guy that "It doesn't work when using my rooted leaked ROM stuff and it's all your fault!"? I'm pretty sure they'd get a good laugh and ignore me.

So anyway, I did a FULL wipe and installed the leaked ICS, then rooted and installed the patched ICS bootloader (all in hopes of eliminating SoD's with your ROM...) Then wiped again and installed R12.5. So I had a VERY full wipe. I'll try it again tonight though...

Not blaming you, however. My system just seems to like SoD, cuz even with the ICS boot I still get it with 12.5. The only time I didn't is when I was on the HC boot and loaded the R10 kernel on my R12. Can that still be done with 12.5?

Thanks for all - donation confirmation 64W52281EM318792H.
Yep that is no problem , if that works for you use the 0.022 boot.img , only thing is that touchscreen works better with 1.031.00 boot.img

Are you using setcpu or something else that has effect on cpu.

Are you having SoD when using the full stock leaked version ?
The Following User Says Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dnardz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
SOD here too...I woke up this morning and I left the A500 charging overnight, and it is all black screen when I pressed the power button this morning.

By the way, I did all clearing up of cache,dalvic,battery stat, data & system format, including flexrom format as seen in the video of flashing with AmonRa.
--Acer ICONIA A500
ROM:Civato ROM][JB_4.1.2]CM10-FLEX_v6supercharged_Aroma-Rev3.3
--Samsung Note N-70000
ROM:SweetRom v9
LG-Optimus 3D P-920 (XBSA VR3D)

BakaNeko59
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato View Post
Yep that is no problem , if that works for you use the 0.022 boot.img , only thing is that touchscreen works better with 1.031.00 boot.img

Are you using setcpu or something else that has effect on cpu.

Are you having SoD when using the full stock leaked version ?
Hmmmm. I have CPU Master running - just for the widget. I'll try not restoring it next time. And I didn't have the stock leak loaded long enough to check for SoD. I went straight to your rom as soon as I had CWM working so hard to say. I'll leave it for awhile next time and see.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium
BakaNeko59
Acer Iconia A500 32gb - CM-10 FLEX
Samsung Galaxy S III (AT&T) - Rooted with S3RX JB
Nook Color (my "backup tab") - CM10 nightlies
And a bunch of other stuff running Android, IOS, Windows 7, Server 2008 R2, Linux, etc.
http://bakarider.net
or, if you're into crafts check out our store at http://www.pnwcrafts.com

rconnjr
Old
(Last edited by rconnjr; 24th April 2012 at 01:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by crandy2 View Post
A little time with Google would answer this for you

http://androidforums.com/sprint-hero...d-browser.html

Another solution is to use the Chrome beta

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
Nothing in the article worked, gonna try chrome

Edit** chrome crashed the tablet, it was pretty sweet. Lol
HTC One

civato
Old
Thanks Meter 15,119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnardz View Post
SOD here too...I woke up this morning and I left the A500 charging overnight, and it is all black screen when I pressed the power button this morning.

By the way, I did all clearing up of cache,dalvic,battery stat, data & system format, including flexrom format as seen in the video of flashing with AmonRa.
Hen having SoD , please before posting it , try one of the kernels for ICS boot loader users even if you are not on ICS bootloader.

civato
Old
Thanks Meter 15,119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaNeko59 View Post
Hmmmm. I have CPU Master running - just for the widget. I'll try not restoring it next time. And I didn't have the stock leak loaded long enough to check for SoD. I went straight to your rom as soon as I had CWM working so hard to say. I'll leave it for awhile next time and see.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium
Lose the CPU master and see what it does .

bibi_50
Old
(Last edited by bibi_50; 23rd April 2012 at 01:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
@Civato:

Fyi: With my Liberty tab, running your 12.5 "19 april edition" all is running great, !!

only one thing: With the default 'tuned' kernel , I often had SOD, like some others.

then I flashed the "stock" Kernel over it and SOD vanished ! (3 days running with stock kernel without SOD)

But I hope using a tweaked kernel, for perfs reasons.

do you think tweaked Kernel 4 is solving this problem? ( yes for some and no for others...)
Or , as you wrote some post ago, trying ICS kernels is a solution?

(sorry for dumb questions, I am new in android world...)

(note: I am on HC bootloader )

duryard
Old
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
@civato. Is there any chance you have the screen animation as a separate file please. Would like to play around with it a bit?

Thanks
LG Nexus 5

[ROM] [STOCK] Android 4.4.4 KTU84P - Rooted/Busybox/Odexed
By bigxie

ASUS Nexus 7 2013
CleanROM 3.7 ★★★★★ by scrosler