Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,633 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Color Balance

Tip us?

jboxer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 426

DONATE TO ME
Default Color Balance

Is there any way to adjust the color balance of the G2X's display. Compared to my Moto Atrix 2 and Nexus One the G2X is shifted toward red where other phones are more true or shifted toward slightly green or blue.
Want to sim unlock your LG phone: PM me for more info.
Instructions on how to enter unlock code can be found here. http://bit.ly/wyYl5z

If you appreciate my work please buy me some coffee.

Mister Hat
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboxer View Post
Is there any way to adjust the color balance of the G2X's display. Compared to my Moto Atrix 2 and Nexus One the G2X is shifted toward red where other phones are more true or shifted toward slightly green or blue.
In CM7 there's an option to adjust it. Under CM settings.
[SIZE="3"]T-Mobile G2X

Sidekick lx 2009>iPhone 3g>LG G2X

Graphic Designer

Press Thanks if this post helped you out

jboxer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 426

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Hat View Post
In CM7 there's an option to adjust it. Under CM settings.
What about a stock rom? If rooted is there an app that can adjust it?
Instructions on how to enter unlock code can be found here. http://bit.ly/wyYl5z

charlieb620
Old
Thanks Meter 1928
I would be interested in this as well.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

jboxer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 426

DONATE TO ME
My wife is using my old Nexus One. I tried giving her my G2X but she didn't like it because of tendency for whites to have a red tint to them. For example if you go into the Dropbox or Facebook app on the G2X there is a definite red tint, but if you go into the same apps on the Nexus One there is a slight green/blue tint while on the Moto Atrix 2 (changed to get 850Mhz 3G for DTAC Thailand) there is almost no tint (more true white). I guess all the various types of display panels (LCD, SLCD, OLED and iPS) have their different peculiarities. If I could shift the color to a truer white, I think she would then like the G2X. I guess the OLED display on the Nexus One spoiled her, but I think my Moto Atrix 2 has the truest color of the three.

kwes1020
Old
Thanks Meter 877

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboxer View Post
My wife is using my old Nexus One. I tried giving her my G2X but she didn't like it because of tendency for whites to have a red tint to them. For example if you go into the Dropbox or Facebook app on the G2X there is a definite red tint, but if you go into the same apps on the Nexus One there is a slight green/blue tint while on the Moto Atrix 2 (changed to get 850Mhz 3G for DTAC Thailand) there is almost no tint (more true white). I guess all the various types of display panels (LCD, SLCD, OLED and iPS) have their different peculiarities. If I could shift the color to a truer white, I think she would then like the G2X. I guess the OLED display on the Nexus One spoiled her, but I think my Moto Atrix 2 has the truest color of the three.
Ever tried voodoo color? Not sure if it works on g2x but worth a shot if its that bothersome. I've personally never noticed it and always liked the g2x display.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Devices: Maguro Galaxy Nexus, LG T-Mobile G2x, SGS 4G, Vibrant

If you like my work or I have helped you please click Thanks!

jboxer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 426

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwes1020 View Post
Ever tried voodoo color? Not sure if it works on g2x but worth a shot if its that bothersome. I've personally never noticed it and always liked the g2x display.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
I loved the display for the year I used the phone. Then when I went to the Moto the colors were more vibrant and true. I did not notice the red tint until my wife gave me the phone back and said it bothered here and wanted to keep the Nexus One instead. The Nexus One is starting to run out of memory, etc. and I need to get her stepped up to a better Android phone soon. I will check out the app you mentioned. Thanks.