FORUMS

How Strong Is Your Connection? – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Everyone is always talking about their bars. How many bars of WiFi do they … more

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

Color Balance

1,691 posts
Thanks Meter: 450
 
By jboxer, Senior Member on 22nd April 2012, 06:08 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is there any way to adjust the color balance of the G2X's display. Compared to my Moto Atrix 2 and Nexus One the G2X is shifted toward red where other phones are more true or shifted toward slightly green or blue.
 
 
22nd April 2012, 06:15 PM |#2  
Mister Hat's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nowhereville
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboxer

Is there any way to adjust the color balance of the G2X's display. Compared to my Moto Atrix 2 and Nexus One the G2X is shifted toward red where other phones are more true or shifted toward slightly green or blue.

In CM7 there's an option to adjust it. Under CM settings.
22nd April 2012, 06:16 PM |#3  
jboxer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 450
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Hat

In CM7 there's an option to adjust it. Under CM settings.

What about a stock rom? If rooted is there an app that can adjust it?
22nd April 2012, 07:01 PM |#4  
charlieb620's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,034
 
More
I would be interested in this as well.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App
22nd April 2012, 07:14 PM |#5  
jboxer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 450
 
Donate to Me
More
My wife is using my old Nexus One. I tried giving her my G2X but she didn't like it because of tendency for whites to have a red tint to them. For example if you go into the Dropbox or Facebook app on the G2X there is a definite red tint, but if you go into the same apps on the Nexus One there is a slight green/blue tint while on the Moto Atrix 2 (changed to get 850Mhz 3G for DTAC Thailand) there is almost no tint (more true white). I guess all the various types of display panels (LCD, SLCD, OLED and iPS) have their different peculiarities. If I could shift the color to a truer white, I think she would then like the G2X. I guess the OLED display on the Nexus One spoiled her, but I think my Moto Atrix 2 has the truest color of the three.
22nd April 2012, 07:25 PM |#6  
kwes1020's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Port Arthur, Texas
Thanks Meter: 877
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboxer

My wife is using my old Nexus One. I tried giving her my G2X but she didn't like it because of tendency for whites to have a red tint to them. For example if you go into the Dropbox or Facebook app on the G2X there is a definite red tint, but if you go into the same apps on the Nexus One there is a slight green/blue tint while on the Moto Atrix 2 (changed to get 850Mhz 3G for DTAC Thailand) there is almost no tint (more true white). I guess all the various types of display panels (LCD, SLCD, OLED and iPS) have their different peculiarities. If I could shift the color to a truer white, I think she would then like the G2X. I guess the OLED display on the Nexus One spoiled her, but I think my Moto Atrix 2 has the truest color of the three.

Ever tried voodoo color? Not sure if it works on g2x but worth a shot if its that bothersome. I've personally never noticed it and always liked the g2x display.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 07:42 PM |#7  
jboxer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 450
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwes1020

Ever tried voodoo color? Not sure if it works on g2x but worth a shot if its that bothersome. I've personally never noticed it and always liked the g2x display.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I loved the display for the year I used the phone. Then when I went to the Moto the colors were more vibrant and true. I did not notice the red tint until my wife gave me the phone back and said it bothered here and wanted to keep the Nexus One instead. The Nexus One is starting to run out of memory, etc. and I need to get her stepped up to a better Android phone soon. I will check out the app you mentioned. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes