Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

[Q] SD Card after S-OFF!

22nd April 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

91 posts
I successfully achieved S-OFF after it strangely rebooted to Amon Ra, where I had to manually reboot by pressing power. Anyway, after the device booted up and everything seemed fine with S-OFF established, I am getting a blank SD card error. I tried to reformat from the device and from the computer but for some reason, my device nor my computer will even recognize my SD card. This is really worrying me as I just purchased a 32GB card recently and now it seems to be completely fried. Is this a known issue??
22nd April 2012, 07:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 373

1,615 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschmid5

I successfully achieved S-OFF after it strangely rebooted to Amon Ra, where I had to manually reboot by pressing power. Anyway, after the device booted up and everything seemed fine with S-OFF established, I am getting a blank SD card error. I tried to reformat from the device and from the computer but for some reason, my device nor my computer will even recognize my SD card. This is really worrying me as I just purchased a 32GB card recently and now it seems to be completely fried. Is this a known issue??

What happened is that the partition got erased so the computer is not recognizing it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1613448

I used Gparted live CD to make a partition , then reformat it in fat 32 and all is good.
22nd April 2012, 07:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh68

What happened is that the partition got erased so the computer is not recognizing it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1613448

I used Gparted live CD to make a partition , then reformat it in fat 32 and all is good.

How do I do this? What is Gparted live CD??
22nd April 2012, 07:52 PM   |  #4  

1,615 posts
Quote:

How do I do this? What is Gparted live CD??

Gparted is a linux program and you can dowload it free as an ISO file that your burn onto a CD. Once, you burn it then just put it into your drive and restart your computer and it will boot up into the program . http://www.ehow.com/how_4442619_use-...partition.html

This will help.

otherwise I am sure any partition manager will work.. just google some not sure which are free .
Last edited by mjh68; 22nd April 2012 at 07:58 PM.
22nd April 2012, 08:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

91 posts
Also, I was never asked to install their hboot, but still have S OFF. Once it booted to Amon Ra I just pressed reboot and it booted the phone up and controlbear said s-off is already established, exit.... Is this normal?
22nd April 2012, 08:11 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

91 posts
UPDATE: I just used an SD to USB adapter and plugged it into my computer and just did a quick format to FAT32 and all is well!
22nd April 2012, 08:13 PM   |  #7  

1,615 posts
Quote:

UPDATE: I just used an SD to USB adapter and plugged it into my computer and just did a quick format to FAT32 and all is well!

Great ! mine wouldn't do that for some reason only formatted to 108kb lol .
22nd April 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Same thing happened to me. I put the SD card in another phone, and formatted it via USB on my computer (win 7). I clicked the device default button when prompted.

edit: Sorry, I lied. I formatted it in the phone. When I did the above it only formatted to 108kb. Doing it in my old droid x restored it back to 14GB.
Last edited by chapter90; 22nd April 2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: wrong information.
23rd April 2012, 06:26 AM   |  #9  
Flag Paradise Valley, AZ
Thanks Meter: 374

1,229 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Same thing happened to me. Try this SD Format program. It worked great. heck, I had two SD cards that both had about 105k. Both back up to par now.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/for...3/eula_windows
23rd April 2012, 11:04 AM   |  #10  
Flag Lawton
Thanks Meter: 64

241 posts
More
Quote:

Mine worked after i got S-OFF i put it back in my phone and reformated after I used another SD to gwt y ROM back up on my phone give that a shot.

Sent from my CleanRom 1.2 DE Rezound S-OFF
Hit thanks if I helped:beer:

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread