Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 49,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{HELP} Interactive Help Forum!{TUTORIALS} Where questions are encouraged!

Tip us?

lactardjosh
Old
Thanks Meter 303

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobob1221 View Post
Thanks. I'll see if I can implement this.
Another ask. Is there a guide for decompiling and compiling .jar files? Is it the same as .apks? I want to remove the gps reticle and I tried using SteelH's method, but I'm having trouble recompiling the file afterwards.
Assuming you are using deodexed .jar files, it's the same as .apks.

Edit: what are you using to decompile/recompile?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lactardjosh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeffsanace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,878

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks. I'll see if I can implement this.
Another ask. Is there a guide for decompiling and compiling .jar files? Is it the same as .apks? I want to remove the gps reticle and I tried using SteelH's method, but I'm having trouble recompiling the file afterwards.
There are both apktool and apkmanager how tos in the OP, look through some of the tutorial listings and you'll find what you need.

If I have helped you, Please hit the the THANKS BUTTON!

The Following User Says Thank You to jeffsanace For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeffsanace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,878

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lactardjosh View Post

Welcome to the forum, nice to see others jumping in. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to jeffsanace For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lactardjosh
Old
Thanks Meter 303

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsanace View Post
Welcome to the forum, nice to see others jumping in. Thanks
This thread is a great idea.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lactardjosh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Robobob1221
Old
(Last edited by Robobob1221; 23rd April 2012 at 01:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 486

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lactardjosh View Post

I had been using apk multi tool but I was having issues getting the file to recompile. I switched to a method using the old apk tool from another forum and this has worked ok so far.

Thanks for the info.

EDIT: I've decompiled the services.jar but it gives and error Can't find resources.arsc file. When I look for the status folder mentioned in SteelH's how to it's not there. I dunno what I am missing. Do I need any other file to be decompiled in the same folder? I've got the SystemUI, framework-res, and htc.resources apks in the same folder all decompiled as well.

Also, yes I've deodexed the file.

lactardjosh
Old
(Last edited by lactardjosh; 23rd April 2012 at 02:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 303

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I had been using apk multi tool but I was having issues getting the file to recompile. I switched to a method using the old apk tool from another forum and this has worked ok so far.

Thanks for the info.

EDIT: I've decompiled the services.jar but it gives and error Can't find resources.arsc file. When I look for the status folder mentioned in SteelH's how to it's not there. I dunno what I am missing. Do I need any other file to be decompiled in the same folder? I've got the SystemUI, framework-res, and htc.resources apks in the same folder all decompiled as well.

If you're using apktool from the command line, you should load the resource apks so that apktool users then when decompiling the apks. This is different from having them decompiled. I'm a Samsung guy, so I'm not really familiar with the HTC files you need, but from the command line, type:
apktool if SystemUI.apk
do this for framework-res.apk and I'm guessing the htc.resources file, too.

You might want to make sure you're using the most recent aapt.exe, apktool.jar, and apktool.jar.

EDIT: Here is a zip with the most current (to my knowledge, at least) files. They should work with any Android version (again, to my knowledge).

EDIT 2: And this is a really good informational video from Nunhugger about using apktool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLQynXg8noM
Attached Files
File Type: zip APKtool_ICS.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.67 MB, 20 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lactardjosh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

il Duce
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor / Themer / Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 16,445

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks for the info.

I use apkmanager and this may be a "dirty" way to do jars but works for me. Rename the jar extension to apk (I use 7zip for that) then decomp, option 9, no dependant needed afaik. Then mod your smali, recompile, say yes and yes to system app, then delete classes dex from the "keep" folder, back to script hit enter. Then rename extension back to jar.
The Following User Says Thank You to il Duce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RedXXII
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsanace View Post
What music widget? And what Lockscreen are you using? If you use widget locker there are a lot of options, ie; Phantom music controls.

Recognized " Bad Seed "

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I am using the stock lockscreen. I'd also like to see if I can mod it a little bit by way of color etc. Any ideas?

Robobob1221
Old
Thanks Meter 486

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Duce View Post
I use apkmanager and this may be a "dirty" way to do jars but works for me. Rename the jar extension to apk (I use 7zip for that) then decomp, option 9, no dependant needed afaik. Then mod your smali, recompile, say yes and yes to system app, then delete classes dex from the "keep" folder, back to script hit enter. Then rename extension back to jar.
The file I was looking for I found in my SystemUI.
I'm wondering if the Japanese KDDI au version of sense has been heavily modified from the Sprint version. A lot of the values in the script appear to be different. Some are on different lines and v-number for the gps icon were different. For instance the stock status bar doesn't have a permanent gps reticle.

jeffsanace
Old
(Last edited by jeffsanace; 23rd April 2012 at 04:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,878

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXXII View Post
Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I am using the stock lockscreen. I'd also like to see if I can mod it a little bit by way of color etc. Any ideas?
Ok, I'm a little confused. LOL! You have several devices in your sig and you were asking about the Epic 4g lockscreen. Is that what you're wanting to mod? If so I'm not familiar with it, but if you show me a pic I could figure it out. EDIT......If it's stock Android sliders, they're in framework-res.apk/drawable-hdpi. And yes they can be modded several different ways but you'll have to be good at patching .9 pngs because those can be a little tricky. I'll post a pick in a min with an example. This is a mod I did on my OG EVO a while back.