Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,486 Members 42,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Q&A Thread For Existz's AOSPX

Tip us?

1bearfan96
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I was wondering how to use mms without turning my data on. I know it uses it. On sense roms I don't need data on. Do you have a solution for this?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA

PipelinerArd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bearfan96 View Post
I was wondering how to use mms without turning my data on. I know it uses it. On sense roms I don't need data on. Do you have a solution for this?

I don't think there's a solution, I know what you mean though.. as of right now your data must be enable to send/receive mms!
If I haven't replied to you...I'm probably working my ass off in the oilfield!!!

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10982

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bearfan96

This is the way AOSP work. When it disables data it doesn't allow other apps to then it back on. Sense roms allow the messaging apps to turn your data on. There will be no fix as this is how Google intended it to be.

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

photonate
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default download stuck in status bar

Hey all, just wanted to thank everyone for the great ROM. I've been using AR 28 for a week or so now. Other than some random reboots I've had a great time, but today I've run into a problem. I've had a download that got started and froze stuck in my status bar all day. The status bar pulsates but never finishes and clearing the status bar doesn't do anything. I've tried resets and clearing the cache and would like any solution other than a full wipe. Thanks!

PipelinerArd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by photonate View Post
Hey all, just wanted to thank everyone for the great ROM. I've been using AR 28 for a week or so now. Other than some random reboots I've had a great time, but today I've run into a problem. I've had a download that got started and froze stuck in my status bar all day. The status bar pulsates but never finishes and clearing the status bar doesn't do anything. I've tried resets and clearing the cache and would like any solution other than a full wipe. Thanks!
I haven't heard of a bug like this before. You might have better luck posting in the dev thread. Sorry I was no help
If I haven't replied to you...I'm probably working my ass off in the oilfield!!!

sebo1084
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by photonate View Post
In the downloads app in the app drawer you can cancel dl's. I had the same prob other day.

Sent from here using magic air wires.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

~wolverine~
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Default Remove Clock

I would like to remove the clock from the notification bar. I use clocker widget for the clock and having both just seems goofy to me. Can someone explain how to do this?

PipelinerArd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~wolverine~ View Post
I would like to remove the clock from the notification bar. I use clocker widget for the clock and having both just seems goofy to me. Can someone explain how to do this?
You can't, well in this build, its a feature that's only present in, say, Lord's ice cold sandwich.

~wolverine~
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipelinerArd View Post
You can't, well in this build, its a feature that's only present in, say, Lord's ice cold sandwich.
OK Thanks

truckinusa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Downloaded Ace Hack Kit, rooted my phone, loaded the zip file for cyanogenmod from clockworkmod, phone goes to the HTC screen and doesn't boot. What am I doing wrong?