OP kornklown69

22nd April 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #31  
Flag Chitown
Thanks Meter: 215

1,053 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewierdo

Im actually interested in a new leak for two reasons, one, Id like to see just how quickly Samsung is developing. Based on the number of issues that the initial ICS leak had and a newer build might give some sort of indication of not only how fast they are developing but also how soon we might see something official. Two, Id like to see what Samsung considers the most important issues to fix based on what was previously leaked,

Im not rooted or rom'd and have no intention of doing so right now. When we start seeing some REAL customized roms not based on the stock rom but rather based on open source code that Samsung will hopefully release soon, Ill consider rom'ing.

But right now, the ICS roms have too many issues (ironically, the same exact issues the leaked rom has, just some of them have managed to 'patch' or 'hide' those issues with clever workarounds), not enough customization options and other than some colour changes, appear to be basically the same as the stock rom with the added ability to overclock. Not enough for me yet to switch to anything.

But the sooner Samsung releases an official ICS, the sooner they will be required to release some source code, which means the real development will start happening.

So, ur basically saying is that u want a ICS ROM that doesn't look, feel like ICS?
Even CM9 or when MIUI comes out with a ROM for a device its based on ICS.
As for the leak I have been using it as a DD and even in Seraphim I have no BIG issues.
Cannot go back to GB for nothing. I use my phablet for work and I use the crap out of it. My battery doesn't last me 6 hours as much as I use it so yeah ICS leak has been berry berry good to me. My appreciation to all devs who took it upon themselves to give us something better than vanilla ICS even if that means color change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield, Missouri
Thanks Meter: 741

2,122 posts
More
ahhhhhhhhhh i want leak

The Following User Says Thank You to kornklown69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #33  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 43

110 posts
More
Unhappy
Any sign of the new leak? Not feeling the love....
23rd April 2012, 10:27 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 142

260 posts
No love yet...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium HD app
23rd April 2012, 10:40 PM   |  #35  
Flag Granite Bay
Thanks Meter: 15

75 posts
More
Is that a leak or you just happy to see me?
24th April 2012, 01:08 AM   |  #36  
O.C. California
Thanks Meter: 123

454 posts
More
I'm following DG, Samfirmware, rootzwiki, on twitter. Checking the site regularly, and still no news. We could really use another leak.

24th April 2012, 01:46 AM   |  #37  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 57

374 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewierdo

Im actually interested in a new leak for two reasons, one, Id like to see just how quickly Samsung is developing. Based on the number of issues that the initial ICS leak had and a newer build might give some sort of indication of not only how fast they are developing but also how soon we might see something official. Two, Id like to see what Samsung considers the most important issues to fix based on what was previously leaked,

Im not rooted or rom'd and have no intention of doing so right now. When we start seeing some REAL customized roms not based on the stock rom but rather based on open source code that Samsung will hopefully release soon, Ill consider rom'ing.

But right now, the ICS roms have too many issues (ironically, the same exact issues the leaked rom has, just some of them have managed to 'patch' or 'hide' those issues with clever workarounds), not enough customization options and other than some colour changes, appear to be basically the same as the stock rom with the added ability to overclock. Not enough for me yet to switch to anything.

But the sooner Samsung releases an official ICS, the sooner they will be required to release some source code, which means the real development will start happening.

Ironically, I don't believe you no what the word ironic means, that or you umm ya ill shut my mouth there...

24th April 2012, 02:55 AM   |  #38  
OP Senior Member

2,122 posts
More
lol i chk his twitter every few hours someone asks him and his response soon bah i hate waiting.... need to work on patience

24th April 2012, 04:13 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 6

97 posts
I asked about 5 min ago and he said very soon! Im trying not to bug him but i just want to go back and ask how soon lol

24th April 2012, 04:36 AM   |  #40  
OP Senior Member

2,122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentthompson

I asked about 5 min ago and he said very soon! Im trying not to bug him but i just want to go back and ask how soon lol

haha one of the reasons im trying not to make a twitter account.... ill bug the crap out if him ha

edit: made a twitter account asked him for at least the baseband version...... and his answer...... "sooooooooooon" lol fml

Last edited by kornklown69; 24th April 2012 at 05:38 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread