Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,844 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] |4/21/2012| |ReloadedROM™| |CM9 Reloaded v1.2H| |Kindle Fire| |Kernel 3.0|

Tip us?

daddygene
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Smile Thanks again

Additional thanks for all your work. Too bad folks can't be more patient. I suppose they're just excited.

mordrukk
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default wifi issue

Has anyone else had wifi connection problems after flashing 1.2h?

The rom loads fine, but my wifi network only says "saved" and never obtains an IP address, so I keep having to restore my 1.2 backup which connects without issue. Wondering if there is a trick to get my network to connect properly, as I'd like to test the rom with hwa support.

Solid-Dado
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordrukk View Post
Has anyone else had wifi connection problems after flashing 1.2h?

The rom loads fine, but my wifi network only says "saved" and never obtains an IP address, so I keep having to restore my 1.2 backup which connects without issue. Wondering if there is a trick to get my network to connect properly, as I'd like to test the rom with hwa support.
I have the same issue since I've installed the new Kernel, hope will be solved, maybe I have to change my router...
A noob question: when Hashcode release the new kernel's version(n 7), is it possible to flsh it, or we have to wait that BiteBlaze release the new Rom version?

mordrukk
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid-Dado View Post
I have the same issue since I've installed the new Kernel, hope will be solved, maybe I have to change my router...
A noob question: when Hashcode release the new kernel's version(n 7), is it possible to flsh it, or we have to wait that BiteBlaze release the new Rom version?
I read that the 1.2h version supports the 3.0 device tree, meaning you should be able to flash new kernel versions yourself, without an updated reloaded rom.

uoY_redruM
Old
Thanks Meter 1930

DONATE TO ME
I defaulted to the latest FFF and latest TWRP and still when I try to flash this ROM or Hashcode's, I get "FAILED" in red text. Before I reverted to the latest FFF (from dual-boot) it would just simply reset TWRP every time I tried to flash it.

I've made sure I'm in normal bootmode and everything. I can't seem to flash anything all of a sudden..

EDIT-

I can't flash ANY ROM files now. Hmm. It worked just fine before, not sure where this is coming from..
Interested in buying me a coffee? Click the 'Donate" button:

HTC One (M8)

Galaxy Tab 3

LG G2 UPGRADED

(16GB Blue) Galaxy S III - T-Mobile RETIRED

Kindle Fire RETIRED

Galaxy Nexus - GSM Unlocked STOLEN

Nexus One - RETIRED

n0tsane
Old
Thanks Meter 0
First things first, thank you BiteBlaze for creating rom and those developers working on the 3.0 kernel.

I wanted to mention that I use MAC address filtering on my WiFi router and after installing 1.2H with the 3.0 kernel my KF MAC address changed. I have installed several roms on my phone and KF and I've never had the MAC address just change like that. I only noticed this because after trying to setup WiFi the settings would see my router, but only show Saved next to it and not actually connect. After adding the new MAC address to the filter everything worked great.

As for the WiFi problem with the kernel and only being able to connect once, I figured out that I could use an app called Juice Defender on the Extreme setting and it would allow me to temporary enable WiFi when I need it and I don't need to reboot the KF. Just thought I would point that out.

mrl515
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Hey,

Thanks so much BiteBlaze and all Reloaded ROM team for developing such an awesome ROM for the KF. Can't wait to see 1.3 come out, and keep up the good work. Also, good luck with the AOKP ROM. I'm still more of a CM9 guy myself, but I wish you the best of luck with AOKP as well, just don't forget us haha.

mordrukk
Old
(Last edited by mordrukk; 23rd April 2012 at 03:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0tsane View Post
First things first, thank you BiteBlaze for creating rom and those developers working on the 3.0 kernel.

I wanted to mention that I use MAC address filtering on my WiFi router and after installing 1.2H with the 3.0 kernel my KF MAC address changed. I have installed several roms on my phone and KF and I've never had the MAC address just change like that. I only noticed this because after trying to setup WiFi the settings would see my router, but only show Saved next to it and not actually connect. After adding the new MAC address to the filter everything worked great.

As for the WiFi problem with the kernel and only being able to connect once, I figured out that I could use an app called Juice Defender on the Extreme setting and it would allow me to temporary enable WiFi when I need it and I don't need to reboot the KF. Just thought I would point that out.
I had suspected this as the cause of my wifi problem, but dismissed that idea as I thought the mac address was fixed at the hardware level, and never changed for a network adapter. I'll try flashing again, and note if in fact my mac address changes, as I also use mac filtering.

EDIT: Confirmed, mac address changed. Updated my mac filter list and 1.2h is running well.

n0tsane
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also thought the MAC was pulled from the hardware, but maybe the new kernel has a problem getting this data and generated it's own MAC as a work around. Hopefully it's not hard coded so that everyone using this kernel now has the same MAC.

Solid-Dado
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've installed the rom 1,2H but the usb storage doesn't work: Do I have to do something?

Tags
biteblaze, cm9 reloaded, feedback, kindle fire, reloadedrom™