Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,792 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen capture app for Atrix *Updated 9/14*

Tip us?

dk-v1
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Yeah, I tried the other page 8 one. No luck... Mayne another app is interfering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4nyy View Post
Well, you said you were running 2.3.6, right? That would be the new OTA that went out a few days ago? Something in the update might have broke it.

Have you tried the one that I linked to a few posts back?

Sent from my MB865 using XDA App
Atrix 2 - 4.0.4 Stock

crazyVII
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Smile doesnt currently work.. :((

Hey... tried it without and with root on my device.

Doesn't currently work..

Unknown error getting screen capture or something like that..
can post a Logcat output if needed..

Anyone else knows an app which is able to take delayed screenshot ..

I'm using a cyagenmod rom..
I can take screenshots )
But id need a little bigger delay...

Cheers mike
Asus P535 (WM, entry to smartphones) -> HTC Touch HD (WM, both resistive ones, too high resolution and too little power fot that time, display broken, repaired, selled) -> HTC Hero (entry to capacitive displays, great & lovely, just speed was the problem) -> Motorola Defy (great, slim, light weight, bricked after flashing a wrong rom - never motorola again, but great phone & hell yeah great speaker anyways) -> HTC Desire HD @ Revolution HD Rom, thanks a lot!

mindphaze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173
Hey, I'm using cyanogenmode also =) I never tried to get it working with cyanogen mod since they already had their own screen capture built in. You could probably make it work if you copied the fbread file from the stock rom and put it in same location in cyanogenmod.

If someone could post that file then I could check if it works. It should be in /system/bin/
The Following User Says Thank You to mindphaze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dark Reality
Old
(Last edited by Dark Reality; 18th April 2012 at 10:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 190
Thanks mindphaze. This is now my favorite screenshot app.

I was using 'screenshot' for the longest time, but then it started getting bundled with ads/adware (?) and I dropped it for AndroSS, but that has a couple quirks and the developer seems to have abandoned it. This does everything I want, and long-pressing Search is a nice touch. Also, I can put it on my wife's phone, and she doesn't have to root to get it.

Confirmed working on Electrify 2.3.5, but then again, I'm already rooted. I will confirm it works on the same type of phone (my wife's) without root, later.

//edit: Confirmed working on non-rooted Electrify on US Cellular running 2.3.5 and everything stock. Nice.
HTC One M8 / Verizon / CleanROM

crazyVII
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindphaze View Post
Hey, I'm using cyanogenmode also =) I never tried to get it working with cyanogen mod since they already had their own screen capture built in. You could probably make it work if you copied the fbread file from the stock rom and put it in same location in cyanogenmod.

If someone could post that file then I could check if it works. It should be in /system/bin/
hey, thanks for the response... :=)
would someone maybe pls be sone kind? (with a stock rom)..

one more question, u're already here,
do you sometimes have some headphone jack problems.. like, sound stopping as if the cable was disconnected, playing and don't hear anything (in this context) .. because it seems to be connected, but isnt actually, or something in between

thats the only issue i have with cyagenmod :=) (but i really love it..)
Asus P535 (WM, entry to smartphones) -> HTC Touch HD (WM, both resistive ones, too high resolution and too little power fot that time, display broken, repaired, selled) -> HTC Hero (entry to capacitive displays, great & lovely, just speed was the problem) -> Motorola Defy (great, slim, light weight, bricked after flashing a wrong rom - never motorola again, but great phone & hell yeah great speaker anyways) -> HTC Desire HD @ Revolution HD Rom, thanks a lot!

bao481
Old
Thanks Meter 0
what I needed!

leodis
Old
(Last edited by leodis; 22nd April 2012 at 08:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindphaze View Post
Hey guys,

I wrote a screen capture app that works for my Atrix since I couldn't find one that worked that was on the market. Here is the first version so I am looking for suggestions/bugs/improvements, etc.

I've only tested it on the atrix because that is the only phone I have, but if you guys could test it on other phones and let me know if it works or not on them, then that would be great.

Edit: Finally posting a new version. *Should* address most of the issues/requests I've seen unless I forgot something. Still haven't had a chance to test on any other devices but it will actually display errors now so I can see why the devices are failing.

Version:
0.6 - Fixed some bugs, screenshots should show up right away in gallery now, added an option to shutdown the services after grabbing the screenshot.
0.8 - Fixed shake sensor bug, added option to invert colors to fix colors for some devices, and service should stay on after reboots.
0.85 - Fixes for some crash reports. Better support for other devices.

Also, I finally added the app to market for those who want to get automatic app updates. I'll still post newest versions here for those that prefer to download from xda.

Market link

Thanks, works great on my wildfire, inverting the colors in the settings, and even if the screenshot of my cyano 7.2 is completely offset

leodis
Old
(Last edited by leodis; 22nd April 2012 at 08:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Post duplicated by mistake

moto rola
Old
Thanks Meter 4
is it realy worke ???

abbots
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Default share after screen grab?

thanks for the screen grabber,
feature suggestion: