Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,399 Members 52,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ICS on uk xoom

Tip us?

Yuccaman
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Never used the Tegra Zone app, but you can visit the website instead on the Xoom and click the "get it now" links which will launch the Play Store and display the app....

To be perfectly honest, the rate new apps appear in the Tegra Zone is so slow, I can't be bothered to have a separate app seeing as I browse a few Android themed website that always announce any new additions themselves
The Following User Says Thank You to Yuccaman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ross231
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
Thanks a lot! CM9?

Moto G
Stock 4.3
Sony tablet S
Stock 4.0.3 Release 1A not rooted
iPod Touch 1G

ross231
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
does rom manager work on the xoom? on some devices (my phone) it bricks the device when you flash cwm, does this happen on the xoom?

Moto G
Stock 4.3
Sony tablet S
iPod Touch 1G

ross231
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
if tegra zone is not really good, i will probably flash a rom, any good ICS roms?

Moto G
Stock 4.3
Sony tablet S
iPod Touch 1G

ross231
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber guard View Post
manually change your non-us xoom
? i dont understand....

Moto G
Stock 4.3
Sony tablet S
iPod Touch 1G

Yuccaman
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross231 View Post
? i dont understand....
What is being referred to is converting your UK Xoom to something called a GED, Google Experience Device...

This effectively turns it into a US Xoom, but means you get all of Google's updates directly as they are released, the latest being ICS 4.0.4

There are various threads about the best way to do this.

A week or so after I got my Xoom, I converted it to A GED and upgraded it to ICS 4.0.3 and rooted. When the 4.0.4 update came out, I didn;t apply that becuase I was roote, but waiting for some kind soul to release a ClockWorkMoD zip of the 4.0.4 update....

I cannot recall which process I followed but search on Google or on here for "convert UK xoom to GED" and there should be plenty of results...

Read carefully and then make some time to follow the steps.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Yuccaman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ross231
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuccaman View Post
What is being referred to is converting your UK Xoom to something called a GED, Google Experience Device...

This effectively turns it into a US Xoom, but means you get all of Google's updates directly as they are released, the latest being ICS 4.0.4

There are various threads about the best way to do this.

A week or so after I got my Xoom, I converted it to A GED and upgraded it to ICS 4.0.3 and rooted. When the 4.0.4 update came out, I didn;t apply that becuase I was roote, but waiting for some kind soul to release a ClockWorkMoD zip of the 4.0.4 update....

I cannot recall which process I followed but search on Google or on here for "convert UK xoom to GED" and there should be plenty of results...

Read carefully and then make some time to follow the steps.....
does rom manager work on the xoom?

Moto G
Stock 4.3
Sony tablet S
iPod Touch 1G

Yuccaman
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
No idea I'm afraid. I have never used it.

I'm still running the stock ICS ROM, albeit rooted. I keep meaning to experiment with Custom ROMs but haven't yet found the time.

slapheady
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
In a fashion... The CWM it installs will only read internal storage (I think), not SD card. You can't use any other recovery, as ROM manager has to know it's installed before it works.

I don't bother anymore - I use "quick boot" to reboot into recovery, and then do it manually from CWM Rogue recovery (allows flashing both internal & external storage).

Alternatively, Goo Manager can function the same as ROM Manager nowadays.

ross231
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuccaman View Post
I'm still running the stock ICS ROM
:eek: is this in the U.K?!?!?

Moto G
Stock 4.3
Sony tablet S