Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 48,744 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Official] HTC Desire HD is getting and Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) update!!

Tip us?

daveyglow
Old
(Last edited by daveyglow; 21st April 2012 at 11:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 65
i don't see any reason to keep this old phone that long hope it leaks sometime before my upgrade in july

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Akhtar507
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey all. As you can see from my signature, I run a Galaxy S. My sister however owns a DHD and is looking to upgrade the software. She claims that is currently up to date. I doubt it.

My question is, how do we get it in the UK?

Sorry if this has been asked already.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

userone912
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Whoaa... can't wait for it... now i use IceColdSandwitch 7.3 by LordClockaN, quite stable..at least for me

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

caddyman1989
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Guys,
At least y'all are getting ics on your htc. I have an inspire 4g and there still isn't any word on if it will or not. While I still have hope that it will.... At least developers will be able to get the dhd update to work on the inspire. If anyone knows/hears anything on the inspire getting ics. please message me.

Teichopsia
Old
Thanks Meter 794
There is another thread where some fella contacted htc europe, basically the ICS update will come sometime around may / august. Probably june / july.

As for Inspire 4G, both happily and sadly, the one I run, as far as I have read, there are no plans for it to get ICS.

Sent from a dream.
Ace think tank
Sent from a dream.

RoboWarriorSr
Old
(Last edited by RoboWarriorSr; 22nd April 2012 at 02:45 AM.) Reason: Wrote wrong phone name
Thanks Meter 10
This may seem repeated but its different. Since the HTC Vivid didn't have Beats Audio and when the ICS update came Beats Audio were added. Does that mean that the HTC Desire HD could come with Beats? Remember that this was a flagship device that has tons of support and was 2010 equivalent of the HTC Rezound having both SRS WoW HD and Dolby Mobile equalizer giving more me suspicion that it may come with it.

daveyglow
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teichopsia View Post
There is another thread where some fella contacted htc europe, basically the ICS update will come sometime around may / august. Probably june / july.

As for Inspire 4G, both happily and sadly, the one I run, as far as I have read, there are no plans for it to get ICS.

Sent from a dream.
inspire will get anything dhd gets even if its not official

userone912
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyglow View Post
inspire will get anything dhd gets even if its not official

Agreed... since they both are twin identical brothers

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

Mavican
Old
Thanks Meter 2
It better turn up by June or July because I'm getting itchy fingers and thinking about an Atrix seeing as Expansys have 1 with a laptop dock for 300 all in. I would give my DHD to my Dad anyway, but in the meantime as soon as I hear update I want it!
My actual upgrade is October/November time anyway and theres nothing about at the moment that peaks my interest. Did a Quadrant score and its quicker than a Nexus S, which is nice.

Sany789
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I dont know why i should wait for an Update...we have lots of nice Android 4 Roms here and Sense 4 Roms also.

Just flash it

Tags
ice cream sandwich; desire hd
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe