FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Worth Buying?

OP SWFlyerUK

22nd April 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #11  
Flag Shasta Co., CA
Thanks Meter: 7

19 posts
Robyr:

Obviously you are not at a decision point of purchasing (or returning a recently purchased) SGT 7 plus.

O.K., lets say you are right when you opine Samsung will release ICS for the 7+. The next question is when?. Two week , two months, six months? Every week new 7" tabs, with ICS installed, and with new and improved features, are coming on the market. Given these circumstances, how long is an appropriate time to wait for a current operating system upgrade for your newly purchased (and only recently released to the market) Tablet.
I love my 7+, but I also want the smoothness, and increased versitility that ICS brings. I have it on my Transformer 102 wifi, and my Xoom wifi(contrary to what an earlier poster stated) and I even have it on my poor little ole Nook Color (CM9), and I do not feel those of us owning Tab 7+ 's, not tied to a carrier should have to wait any longer without some official indication of timing schedule from Samsung.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the ICS operating system has been available for a considerable amount of time, and, I suspect, most, if not all of the 7 plus's that have been sold in this country were purchased in anticipation of upgrade to ICS in the" not-to-distant future" from their purchase date I know that certainly was the case with me. Instead of providing that upgrade in a timely manner, it appears Samsung chose to undercut their own customers by bringing to market a low cost, downgraded Tab 7, using ICS as a sales feature, while leaving their 7 plus customers out in the cold.

I have two days left to decide whether I will keep my 7 plus. It is not an easy decision. However, whichever way I decide, in the future I will always be very cautious about purchasing samsung phones or tablets.

Cbill
23rd April 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130

1,183 posts
Decided to buy it, will be here tomorrow and can't wait!
24th April 2012, 11:47 PM   |  #13  
Flag King's Lynn
Thanks Meter: 18

51 posts
More
All the other manufacturers are just as bad, if not worse than Samsung when it comes to upgrades of IS, and it has been a 'feature' of the phone market for as long a there have been phones capable of being upgraded.

The way I look at it is that the tablet still works exactly the same way now as it did when I bought it, irrespective of ICS's prevalence on other tablets. Sure it's nice to get a new OS, and I won't complain if ICS is released in a timely matter, but if honeycomb sucked that badly then it would have been a poor purchase in the first place.

But as for the OP, go enjoy your new tablet, and remember to feel sorry for the chumps with aching arms from holding their heavy iPads up all day =)

Sent from my GT-P6210 using xda premium
25th April 2012, 09:08 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

1,183 posts
Thanks guy, arrived yesterday and what a fantastic device. Alot better than the Son Table S, although I paid £270 for mine and noticed there was no IR?
25th April 2012, 09:19 AM   |  #15  
Flag King's Lynn

51 posts
More
No IR
There must be some variation in the models. I bought mine in the US in Feb from Best Buy for about £250, and it came with IR, and a cool piece of IR software for controlling TVs, DVD players, etc.

However, it appears Samsung have not changed model numbers despite the hardware change.
25th April 2012, 10:03 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

1,183 posts
Thanks for the response.

I'm on GT-P621 and was a little confused about root.

Can someone point me to the correct root solution thread please?

Not a noob, but a newby to this device!
26th April 2012, 12:12 PM   |  #17  
Flag King's Lynn

51 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFlyerUK

Can someone point me to the correct root solution thread please?

Try here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1367249

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread