FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] How to use HTCDev Unlock with ENG S-OFF?

22nd April 2012, 06:03 PM |#1  
dharvey4651's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Olathe, KS Device: HTC One M8
Thanks Meter: 576
 
Donate to Me
More
The title probably says it all but I'm curious if it's even possible to change the *LOCKED* to *UNLOCKED* after getting S-OFF and flashing the ENG H-Boot?

When I tried to use HTC-Dev, it gave me an error message.

Thoughts?
 
 
22nd April 2012, 06:21 PM |#2  
Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
It is possible. Maybe you didn't see my reply to you in the other post.

The process is the exact same as the one with S-On bootloader. Make sure your identification code is correct and you include the header and the ending
22nd April 2012, 07:10 PM |#3  
dharvey4651's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Olathe, KS Device: HTC One M8
Thanks Meter: 576
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idaggerpwn

It is possible. Maybe you didn't see my reply to you in the other post.

The process is the exact same as the one with S-On bootloader. Make sure your identification code is correct and you include the header and the ending

I got it. Thanks for the tip man. Guess I had messed something up the first time I tried and it told me the unlock token was bad.

Think I copied the "INFO" parts too. This time it went through smoothly.

I'm now officially ENG S-OFF, HTC Unlocked, and SUPERCID.

Bring it on XDA. I'm ready.
22nd April 2012, 07:34 PM |#4  
HuskyHamburger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fair Lawn
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
How do you flash the ENG H-Boot?
22nd April 2012, 08:39 PM |#5  
dharvey4651's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Olathe, KS Device: HTC One M8
Thanks Meter: 576
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyHamburger

How do you flash the ENG H-Boot?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1335108356

Rename to PH85IMG.zip and place on root of external sd card.

Reboot into bootloader and install it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dharvey4651 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 09:09 PM |#6  
HuskyHamburger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fair Lawn
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1335108356

Rename to PH85IMG.zip and place on root of external sd card.

Reboot into bootloader and install it.

Thanks man!

Edit: What are the improvements with the ENG-HBoot rather than the Juopunutbear hboot?
Last edited by HuskyHamburger; 23rd April 2012 at 12:05 AM.
23rd April 2012, 01:47 AM |#7  
mrmako777's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
dragging knee on the track
Thanks Meter: 2,052
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyHamburger

Thanks man!

Edit: What are the improvements with the ENG-HBoot rather than the Juopunutbear hboot?

engineering boot allows for extended adb commands. im curious, why do you feel the need to unlock via htc.dev?
23rd April 2012, 02:10 AM |#8  
dharvey4651's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Olathe, KS Device: HTC One M8
Thanks Meter: 576
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777

engineering boot allows for extended adb commands. im curious, why do you feel the need to unlock via htc.dev?

Just wanted the word "UNLOCKED" instead of "LOCKED".

I know it makes no difference since I have ENG hboot but I wanted it anyway.

Looks better on the bootloader screen
23rd April 2012, 02:12 AM |#9  
mrmako777's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
dragging knee on the track
Thanks Meter: 2,052
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651

Just wanted the word "UNLOCKED" instead of "LOCKED".

I know it makes no difference since I have ENG hboot but I wanted it anyway.

Looks better on the bootloader screen

LOL fair enough
25th April 2012, 12:05 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Qc
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Not working for me... It seems my phone wont recognize the PH85IMG.zip file on my sd card... I placed it on the card and on the internal storage...

LOCKED
RUBY PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.90.0006
e-MMC-boot

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htcdev, locked bootloader, s-off, unlocked
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes