Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 49,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't get 576MB RAM

Tip us?

Jann F
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118

DONATE TO ME
Default Can't get 576MB RAM

Hello,
As told in the title I can't get the 576MB to work.
I have the 2.15.50.14 Radio and HSPL (3.03.HSPL) with the latest HD2O Rom installed.
I also can't get my Leicke 3600mAh extended battery to work, but several revievs say it works after an update of the latest stock rom.

What I've tried:
- Task29 + Radio flashed again in bootloader mode + HD2O installed in bootloader mode
- installing 2.02.HSPL and the same procedure as above.

LEODIAG.nbh also said that the full 576MB RAM are ok, but why can't I unlock them with the new Radio + "576MB Ram"-ROM ?
Am I flashing it wrong or have I forgot something?

Thank you for helping me

kluong6
Old
Thanks Meter 6
hspl 3.03 won't get you 576, you'll only get 448, flash the 2.08 and you'll get 576mb. Good luck.

DarkAlpha
Old
Thanks Meter 6
i agree, flash with 20.8 and i will be ok.
HTC One Silver
Andro´d : 4.4.2 / Sense : 6.0 / Rom : 5.11.401.10 / Operator : SFR

Google Nexus 10
Andro´d : 4.4.2

Former devices : HTC Touch Cruise >> HTC HD2 T8585 >> HTC One S (S4) >> HTC One M7

Jann F
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118

DONATE TO ME
Thanks, problem solved
I had the wrong radio last time on 2.08 ...

adone.h
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Anyone has ever understood why HTC chose to use only 448MB of the total ram? With the last SPL HTC had to use all the ram like the american version.

samsamuel
Old
Thanks Meter 1047
Quote:
Originally Posted by adone.h View Post
With the last SPL HTC had to use all the ram like the american version.
No they didn't, the 3.14 roms for the regular hd2, which come with radio 2.15.50 and spl 3.03.0000 don't unlock the extra ram, and neither do custom roms that use spl 3.03. (Artemis rom, for example)
ViperOneM8 VIPER4Android

O2 UK automated free sim unlock form.

Want to say thanks? Do you buy stuff on eBay? Click HERE to donate to me FOR FREE

rebgershon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi there Sam,
You seem very knowledgeable regarding flashing the HD2 so I wonder if you might help me if you can?
I recently bought a second HD2 from an ebay seller. It was described as having a white screen.
On receiving the phone I powered it up it booted to the white screen, no hTC logo. I rebooted to the bootloader and was able to connect via usb. The screen showed spl 2.08.???/ and cotulla from memory. I contacted HTC, UK support and gave them the IMEI no. from which they told me that the phone was unlocked and running the 3.14 WWE software. I therefore assumed that a failed attempt had been made to flash the phone with some other software so I downloaded the RUU 3.14 and attempted a reload via USB. After around 60% the upload failed giving a 270 error and the phone rebooted to the white screen but this time with the HTC logo. Bootloader now shows spl 3.03.0000.
I have tried different roms, Task 29, radio only roms, HSPL 4 all but to no avail usually only part loading before errors halt the process. HSPL 4 tries to load the progress bar reaches say 90% then rolls back doing this a few times before giving an error and quitting. I akso n=made 2 different gold cards thanks to your image creator but again to no avail. I prepared them using my working HD2.
I then began to think about bad blocks and came across the LEOdiag.nbh rom. I ran this from the sd card, it started up but halts at Jump to Diagnostics.
I now feel I'm at a dead end would welcome any other ideas of clearing the rom and/or repairing any bad blocks, unless the rom is busted in which case it would mean a replacement main board.
Geoff.

samsamuel
Old
Thanks Meter 1047
See your pm, but prepare for bad news
ViperOneM8 VIPER4Android

O2 UK automated free sim unlock form.

Want to say thanks? Do you buy stuff on eBay? Click HERE to donate to me FOR FREE
The Following User Says Thank You to samsamuel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jann F
Old
(Last edited by Jann F; 25th January 2013 at 11:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118

DONATE TO ME
Have you tried unlocking the bootloader via whitecard emulator such as XTC clip?
On some HTC Devices you could only access everything in the Diag App when a whitecard emulator is attached
Maybe I could help you, I no longer have my HTC HD2 but I gained a lot of experience thanks to the XDA Dev community
MEH.