Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cheap class 4 8gb sd and 16gb class 6.

Tip us?

eraldo
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 94
Default Cheap class 4 8gb sd and 16gb class 6.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2510386849...84.m1497.l2649

I bought the 8gb for 2.80 yesterday price seems to have risen most likely because people were buying a LOAD of them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MicroSD-TF...item3cc384c620

Probably the cheapest prices i have seen.

the1c3man
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I would never buy anything like a class 10 card from eBay unless the seller was someone like eBuyer or Argos, so many fake cards on eBay.

Better to pay more and know you are getting class 10. Also the class doesn't mean a hole lot, read and write speeds are what you should look at.

eraldo
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1c3man View Post
I would never buy anything like a class 10 card from eBay unless the seller was someone like eBuyer or Argos, so many fake cards on eBay.

Better to pay more and know you are getting class 10. Also the class doesn't mean a hole lot, read and write speeds are what you should look at.
The class of the sd card IS what indicates the read and write speed, a class 10 gives you min 10mb sec write speed.

Soloos
Old
Thanks Meter 8
It's also good to pay attention to the manufacturer. Some no-name class 4 card I got was barely working, while there's no problem with a Kingston one, with the same specs.

eraldo
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Iv been using a genric class 4gb sd card for years and i still get 5mb/s write speed on it.

Mungulz
Old
Thanks Meter 82
My class 4 barely manages 4MB/s, usually in the 3s. Sandisk

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

eraldo
Old
Thanks Meter 94
I got the 8gb sd card in the post, speed test shows at 4.8mb/s write speed.

indyjones83
Old
Thanks Meter 3
It happened to me to find micro sd cards not respecting class written on them. there are a lot of softwares that mesure writing and reading speed. Personally, I would spend a little more money for a good product i.e. I have a 32Gb Samsung, Class 10 and I payed it 35 (shipping included..)
If you don't need a big capability, a good 8gb or 16gb can cost you not more than 10-15...
It's something you buy once and least for year..buy it good and you won't regret it!

eraldo
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyjones83 View Post
It happened to me to find micro sd cards not respecting class written on them. there are a lot of softwares that mesure writing and reading speed. Personally, I would spend a little more money for a good product i.e. I have a 32Gb Samsung, Class 10 and I payed it 35 (shipping included..)
If you don't need a big capability, a good 8gb or 16gb can cost you not more than 10-15...
It's something you buy once and least for year..buy it good and you won't regret it!
Well as i said my generic clas 4 4gb works to this day, so untill i find one that fails me i wont get a higher class branded one unless that happens but iv no use for a class 10.

Rivafe
Old
Thanks Meter 8
They are really cheap.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk