Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 44,107 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Best 3D phone?
LG Optimus 3D 13 100.00%
HTC Evo 3D 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Best 3D phone: LG or HTC?

Tip us?

botson71
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Answering only your title question "Best 3D phone: LG or HTC?", there is absolutely no doubt that the LG is by far the best on 3D.

The HTC 3D is a joke in comparison.

FC360
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've had a LG P920 since just after release date and have been disappointed until recently. My phone always used to restart at random times when it wasn't being used, performance is a little poor compared to other devices I've had and apps have a knack of either freezing or not working such as the camera. The amount of times I missed a photo opportunity because the stupid camera won't take a picture when I press the button to take a picture. This also causes a problem when I want to use the LED flash as a torch as sometimes the flash just won't turn on.

I went for the LG because it had a slightly better camera on it and as I wanted the phone primarily to take 3D photos and videos it was the better option (I regret it now). I've also found the LG lacks 3D content on it where as the HTC I think has a film download app included on the phone.

So I would recommend not getting a 3D phone, wait for the next generation of 3D phones :
The Following User Says Thank You to FC360 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

valkyrjur
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Lg optimus 3d hardware is beeter than evo 3D by far.

kylana0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC360 View Post
I've had a LG P920 since just after release date and have been disappointed until recently. My phone always used to restart at random times when it wasn't being used, performance is a little poor compared to other devices I've had and apps have a knack of either freezing or not working such as the camera. The amount of times I missed a photo opportunity because the stupid camera won't take a picture when I press the button to take a picture. This also causes a problem when I want to use the LED flash as a torch as sometimes the flash just won't turn on.

I went for the LG because it had a slightly better camera on it and as I wanted the phone primarily to take 3D photos and videos it was the better option (I regret it now). I've also found the LG lacks 3D content on it where as the HTC I think has a film download app included on the phone.

So I would recommend not getting a 3D phone, wait for the next generation of 3D phones :
Thanks for your replies everyone!!!

I wasn't aware of all these issues with the LG... it's a shame coz from my reasearch it seems to have better 3D capability than the HTC, however, that's not worth much if it keeps letting you down...

btw, are there any news of any upcoming 3D phones (or this so-called next generation)?

That would be really great and I'm aware theres a second model from LG coming out soon, the P720, but not sure when or whether it's really worth waiting; from the specs it seems the only thing improved was the CPU from 1000mhz to 1200mhz...

Maybe it will improve on the issues mentioned by FC360 of features constantly crashing...

All feedback is welcome!

Thanks

aaki_rocker
Old
Thanks Meter 325
o3d's/thrill's hardware is one of the best in dual cores !!

it is the best portable media player i've owned, plays every media file you throw at it !

hdmi out is excellent !

almost everyone complains about the ghost calls/messages, but till now i didnt have a single issue with it (v21d baseband) !

it is just the lack of software support that pulls the optimus 3d back !

but ics has been officially confirmed by lg for the optimus 3d !

even we may get ics when it is released for 3d max
which would be much much earlier than the one lg officially releases for the o3d !
CURRENT DEVICES :

Motorola Droid Razr™ HD

Nokia Lumia™ 928

HISTORY OF DEVICES :

HTC One™M7
LG G2
Samsung Galaxy™ S III
Nokia Lumia 928
Apple iPhone 5
Nokia Lumia 920
Apple iPhone 4s
Samsung Galaxy Note - N7000
Pantech Flex
Motorola Droid RAZR
SONY Xperia™S
Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Samsung Galaxy SII T989 -Hercules
LG Nitro HD
HTC VIVID 4G
LG Thrill 4G
HTC HD2

The Legendry Nokia N900

HIT THANKS IF I'VE HELPED YOU !!

bmar577
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylana0 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm considering getting a new phone and I'd like a 3D one...
I'm considering either the HTC Evo 3D or the LG Optimus 3D and though I read a lot about each phone's specs I'd like to get some of you users opinions about their performance...
Considering that I like to constantly update the latest ROMs including CyanogenMod I wouold appreciate any advice you can give me regarding this LG and any pros cons you can think of...

Thanks in advance to everyone!
More or less an opinion.

Granted; I've only owned the Optimus, but I've owned many other HTC phones before and many smartphones(apple, lg, samsung, etc)

This LG has satisfied me the most out of everyone I have ever had, why? The price. This phone cost me $200 and I get better performance than some people's $400 phones. If you are willing to pay the extra bit of money, hell, get a HTC. But for $200, the O3D is a great phone. I'm in no way denying the ghost call/ghost sms issue, but I personally haven't experienced it owning this phone since release and using stock roms for most of that time. it's got a decent camera, good 3D capability(despite that not being a remote selling point to me) fast processor, and good build quality. Something I noticed when I pickup up a Samsung device 3 times the cost of mine, is it felt so unbelievably cheap. LG has good build quality from my experience.

Not to say the HTC isn't a good phone, because I've liked every HTC phone I've had too, but for the price an O3D cannot be beat.
Everything I have learned I learned from reading; try it and you'd be surprised what you can come up with.

Samsung Galaxy Ace IIx stock rom(damn it, Samsung!)
LG Nitro HD rooted, unlocked with CM10 and HONO kernel
Xperia Arc stock, no root.

cyclonmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
As for me with no problem with Ghost call etc, I'd go for O3D. If you have a problem with GB, then stick with Froyo.

I think Chainfire3D cannot use on ICS. If that the case, even if ICS release for O3D, I'll stay with current ROM.
Visit My Blog: http://cyclonmaster.blogspot.com/
Try out my first free Android Game

xbsall
Old
Thanks Meter 2905
I will tell you what i say to my customers.
If you like 3D its ok.
If you dont care about 3D and not gonna use it buy a Samsung.

Sent from my LG P-920 using ghost call method...
Ported V30B ICS ROM for P920 total downloads: over 31000 .
Post your questions on threads. PM's will not be answered.

Click here to see all my threads on XDA-Developer's Forum.

MastaZz
Old
Thanks Meter 22
exept 3D , the O3D has good performance with custom roms in a common use

Draegloth
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I owe an O3D, and im totally satisfied with the hardware (only custom ROM's can make it work properly and smooth) but if you check strictly the stats EVO got better,
1gb ram over 512
540 x 960 over 480 x 800
1.2ghz over 1ghz
But anyways the 3D world on O3D is way lot better