Post Reply

[ROM] Clean ROM - Stock UI - RTM 8858 Base - Focus v1.3 - 7.8 Official

OP voluptuary

19th April 2012, 07:04 PM   |  #201  
Junior Member
Flag Bogota
Thanks Meter: 1
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Voluptuary. You're the best. Best ROM!! I tried to send some of your cabs using the cab xbmod sender but i got an error that did not let the phone boot normally. I had to reflash. Any advice?
20th April 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #202  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
I was curious if it is at all possible to make the phone use Nokia Drive from within Bing local scout / search rather than having to copy/paste info into it?

I may be off here but I alwasy thought that apps like Nokia Drive were supposed to show up in the apps tab when you are looking at the info of a store/cafe for quick access/use of said app.

If it can be done this would be very high on my list of suggested tweaks but if it is not oh well and keep up the amazing work.
20th April 2012, 07:58 PM   |  #203  
voluptuary's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mukwonago
Thanks Meter: 745
 
941 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by castrow

Voluptuary. You're the best. Best ROM!! I tried to send some of your cabs using the cab xbmod sender but i got an error that did not let the phone boot normally. I had to reflash. Any advice?

What CAB? That isn't normal at all. In the future just send with the backup option and then if you get an error you should be able to restore your phone. Also it is always best to be sure your battery is fully charged when updating/flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GStyle

I was curious if it is at all possible to make the phone use Nokia Drive from within Bing local scout / search rather than having to copy/paste info into it?

I may be off here but I alwasy thought that apps like Nokia Drive were supposed to show up in the apps tab when you are looking at the info of a store/cafe for quick access/use of said app.

If it can be done this would be very high on my list of suggested tweaks but if it is not oh well and keep up the amazing work.

No, Drive doesn't even do that on my Nokia Lumia 800. It's just not how drive was programmed.
The Following User Says Thank You to voluptuary For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 06:15 PM   |  #204  
woodbane's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
How long will you develop for Samsung Focus?
Hey voluptuary,

Do you think you'll be upgrading to any other phone in the near future?

Will you stop developing for the Focus at this point or do you think you'll at least try and cook a ROM that has the latest / last set of updates available for the Focus?

Just wondering?
22nd April 2012, 08:04 PM   |  #205  
voluptuary's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mukwonago
Thanks Meter: 745
 
941 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbane

Hey voluptuary,

Do you think you'll be upgrading to any other phone in the near future?

Will you stop developing for the Focus at this point or do you think you'll at least try and cook a ROM that has the latest / last set of updates available for the Focus?

Just wondering?

I've already moved on from my Focus some time ago as my day to day phone. I just use it now to tinker. I have all intentions on cooking and playing with the future releases from MS but no one knows for sure that the future holds.
The Following User Says Thank You to voluptuary For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 09:42 PM   |  #206  
woodbane's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by voluptuary

I've already moved on from my Focus some time ago as my day to day phone. I just use it now to tinker. I have all intentions on cooking and playing with the future releases from MS but no one knows for sure that the future holds.

Well, I hope you continue to tinker!
24th April 2012, 01:04 AM   |  #207  
mcorrie1121's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 26
 
657 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
Just recently picked up my Focus again and am loving your ROM! Anywho, just to verify, does the following mean that Zune updates, and therefore the WP7 Backup Tool, works?

Quote:

support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, CeesHeim, contable-miro, and voluptuary cab updates

24th April 2012, 02:09 AM   |  #208  
voluptuary's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mukwonago
Thanks Meter: 745
 
941 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorrie1121

Just recently picked up my Focus again and am loving your ROM! Anywho, just to verify, does the following mean that Zune updates, and therefore the WP7 Backup Tool, works?

They should work just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to voluptuary For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 11:48 AM   |  #209  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
I am new totally new to Win 7. I just received my phone through post & I am tinkering with it :P

What is the main difference between Clean ROM Mango and Tango ? Which is advisable to install ?

Thank you
26th April 2012, 09:42 PM   |  #210  
voluptuary's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mukwonago
Thanks Meter: 745
 
941 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi!

I am new totally new to Win 7. I just received my phone through post & I am tinkering with it :P

What is the main difference between Clean ROM Mango and Tango ? Which is advisable to install ?

Thank you

Mango is built from a retail release where as Tango is built from a beta release. On the surface they are very similar. There a few extra features on Tango mainly dealing MMS but some of them are broken anyways. Personally I use Mango on my phone, but either is fine to install. Make sure your phone is a v1.3 one though before you flash either of the ROM's (check under the battery).
Last edited by voluptuary; 27th April 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
clean, focus, rom, samsung, v1.3
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes