[Rom][New] Fourth Bar 3.0 [Detailed Ics Theme|265 mb|Aroma Custom Installer][04/20]

Search This thread
G

glacierguy

Yeah it didn't work on stock ROM either... Someone is putting it on dropbox for me, since again, I'm not at my pc

Sent from my Stock Rooted and Highly Customized HTC Ruby using Tapatalk

G

glacierguy

I just flashed fourth bar with 4ext and aroma with default mods and the ROM boots but kernel doesn't flash. Issue being addressed

4b486f3f-197e-f857.jpg

4b486f3f-1992-98eb.jpg

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
G

glacierguy

It DIDNT FLASH KERNEL THOUGH... It just works on stock kernel also. Aroma Installer I bet is conflicting with 4ext. I will let maxx know. Thanks

ziggy46

Aug 18, 2011
Chambersburg, Pa
what would be the best way to get all the htc widgets and aplications back into this? including rosie...

i use the htc widgets alot and rosie would look good with this rom :p (especially if someone were to make a semi-transparent rosie... maybe 60% transparent)

G

glacierguy

Great job on the ROM btw Craigtut. Looks very nice. I wish the ics keyboard was bigger... I love the look but have giant hands.

craigtut

Aug 1, 2010
It DIDNT FLASH KERNEL THOUGH... It just works on stock kernel also. Aroma Installer I bet is conflicting with 4ext. I will let maxx know. Thanks

The kernels do flash in Ext4 as long as you don't check the reboot option at the end of the install like it says on that screen. I've tested it many times and it has worked every time.

If I am wrong please let me know.

what would be the best way to get all the htc widgets and aplications back into this? including rosie...

i use the htc widgets alot and rosie would look good with this rom :p (especially if someone were to make a semi-transparent rosie... maybe 60% transparent)

I thought about including an option to add Rosie and Widgets in but that is an incredible amount of work as this has most of Sense stripped out. So the answer is I probably won't be adding it back in.

Any ideas on a wifi calling fix?

Sent from my HTC Ruby 4G

Wifi Calling fix will take a while to figure out and do. I just simply don't have time to troubleshoot and fix it right now.

Great job on the ROM btw Craigtut. Looks very nice. I wish the ics keyboard was bigger... I love the look but have giant hands.

Maybe try the Htc default keyboard instead? You can install it in the custom install.

Reactions: madmaxx82
G

glacierguy

The kernels do flash in Ext4 as long as you don't check the reboot option at the end of the install like it says on that screen. I've tested it many times and it has worked every time.

If I am wrong please let me know.

Thanks

Maybe try the Htc default keyboard instead? You can install it in the custom install.

Yeah... Just doesn't match

madmaxx82

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2010
www.4ext.net

If I am wrong please let me know

Thanks for identifying and clarifying.
I will try to make SmartFlash work even when you use Aroma to reboot directly after install. Although that will be difficult ;)

sent from a phone using xda premium

Reactions: craigtut

Xcor3

Aug 14, 2010
Hey, i keep getting an error when turning on wifi, help please

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

eggydrums

Dec 13, 2010
Love this rom!! And I also love the frickin aroma installer that's right up there with 4ext recovery

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA

dubt17

Feb 26, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
One small themeing issue other than the accounts and sync, check out the white text on the buttons on the maps layer settings.

Other than those two small things, and the wifi calling, this rom is amazing. Love the custom installer and want to thank you for the hard work into this amazing rom.

Xcor3

Aug 14, 2010
I got it working, thank you guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ice Cream Sandwich is here! Sorta...

Fourth%20Bar%20Sense%20Ad.png

Fourth Bar is a highly themed and slimmed down Sense 3.0 Rom that is one of the few Roms to use the Aroma custom installer. This installer lets you decide what boot animation you would like, whether you want the led button lights on or off, and even which apps you would like installed. Now your phone modifications can be molded easily to your liking.

Please read about the known issues before posting. During testing some issues came up that have not been fixed yet and I am currently incredibly busy with school and can't finish fixing the issues until summer break rolls around. I figured instead of making you all wait 3 more weeks you might want it now with a few issues that are all listed below. Also, the download is larger than the previous version because of all the customization options. The default install is still only about 190mb.

Downloads

Fourth Bar 3.0

Kernels

Features:
    • Built on Gingerbread | Stock Base - 1.43.531.3
    • Custom Installation
    • Root Access
    • Zipalign on boot
    • Battery Life Tweaks (Amazing battery life!)
    • Hw Acceleration (Gpu Rendering of UI)
    • Net Speed Tweaks
    • Tweaked Adreno config for better performance
    • Debloated
    • Optimized Framework
    • Faux Kernel 009 and Stock Kernel options
    • Init.d Support
    • ICS Themed!
    • ICS Ringtones and Notifications
    • Highly themed Go Launcher (Ics Like)
    • Most other Sense apps left in. (Htc does make decent apps)

ICS Theme:
    • ICS Like Launcher (Themed go launcher)
    • ICS Keyboard
    • ICS Like Lockscreen
    • Roboto Font
    • Ics Search Bar Widget
    • Themed Sense Apps (Almost Finished!!!)

Installation:

1. Always Backup First!
    2. Complete Wipe of System and Caches
    3. Flash in Recovery just like a normal Zip
    4. Then follow the instructions on screen to finish installation.
    5. If you aren't S-off or using Ext4 Smartflash, you need to download the Kernels Zip and flash the one you selected in the custom installer using Xboarders flashing utility. If you selected Default Installation or Minimal Installation then you will pick the Faux Kernel to flash.
    6. If using Ext4 SmartFlash do not use reboot option at the end or it won't flash the kernel
    7. Turn off facebook live feed sync or else nothing else will sync and it will waste your battery

Known Issues in 3.0:
    • Wifi Calling doesn't work yet
    • Battery info is missing
    • Black text on Account Settings buttons
    • If using Ext4 SmartFlash do not use reboot option at the end or it won't flash the kernel
    • Go Locker (Ics themed lockscreen) causes slight multi-touch issues with graphically intensive games.

Setup Guide:

Coming sometime on saturday. I'm way to tired to write it tonight. Its been a long day. Basically will walk you through setting up Go launcher to look like ICS

Well I hope you all enjoy this and remember to hit the THANKS button if you like it! :D
    If you are on Google+ click on my link below and follow along to receive updates!
    Change-log:

Code:
    Fourth Bar Sense V3.0 (Full Wipe Required)

-Added customizable installation
    -Fixed google search button issues
    -Huge theming update
    -Better Recovery Support
    -New apps in custom installation
    -Theoretically faster
    -Re-Built on new 1.43 Base
    -Faux 009 or Stock Kernel
    -Removed Bravia
    -Updated Apps

Fourth Bar Sense V2.4.2 (Full Wipe Required)   [URL="http://d-h.st/IyR"]Download[/URL]

-Huge Theming Update!  (Fixed all graphical issues)
    -Added Apn's for most Carriers (Please test if not on Tmobile and let me know)
    -Optimized Png's in Framework
    -Speed Increase
    -More Debloating
    -Apps Updated
    -Removed Htc Clock and replaced with Desk Clock
    -Faux 8 Modules
    -Adreno tweaks
    -Ics Ringtones and Notification sounds
    -Fixed Sound on Camera

Fourth Bar Sense V2.0 (Full Wipe Required) 

-Added Bravia Engine
    -Faster Gps Lock
    -Gps Fixed for Canada (Please test and let me know if it works)
    -Sd Card speed script
    -Disabled Htc Checkin
    -Added System_Server from Android 4.0
    -Fixed Power Menu (Thanks to theintelligent)
    -More Theming

Fourth Bar Sense V1.0 - [URL="http://dev-host.org/91qvqbz55hsh/Fourth_Bar_Sense_1.0.zip"][B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Download[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

-Initial Release

Credits:
    Xboarder56 - Crt Animation, General awesomeness
    amarullz - Aroma Installer
    Starskyrob - Pre-rooted base (Saved me hours of work)
    superevilllama - Early theming help
    Donhu - Early theme help
    Faux123 - O/C Kernel
    Many on Xda for Materials (Boot Animations, ect.)
    Huge thanks to the many testers!

Screenshots:

Screen.png

Well I hope you all enjoy this and remember to hit the THANKS button if you like it! :D
    An update on whats going on with Fourth Bar

Its been a slow process of finding small little things and tweaking the code but its coming along. I would say that its about 70% finished and I'm hoping to get the rest done by next week. This will be the final major update (small bug fixes will still get addressed). Its looking amazing so far!

O, and there's a bit of a surprise with the next update :)
    I have to say I'm pretty excited about it! Hopefully S-off gets released soon so I can use it to its full potential!
    Well now that there is an Ics Ruu... My better judgement is telling me to focus on my classes.

I don't think I'm going to listen. Gonna work on getting fourth bar theming onto real Ics.

I have enough testers now, if you Pmed me you'll be getting a message sometime tomorrow.

Thanks guys!