Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 51,943 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP BRICKED LG e739 MyTouch

Tip us?

Enigma000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HELP BRICKED LG e739 MyTouch

Hi there, I NEED URGENT HELP!

I bricked my e739, and I am running out of the options. All I see is the LG logo, I can not access my recovery mode, I tried numerous times (and before i succeed now the logo doesn't even blink it stays the same) hard reset...nothing, tried adb recovery (does not see the device).

So here is the story, I successfully updated my ROM to e739 Nightly 6. After using it for a bit, I decided to go back to stock, and just wait until all bugs are worked out. So i tried to go back to my backup that I made of stock, but no dice it got me in recovery loop, after that I tried to go factory reset, nothing. I couldn't find any way to go back to stock, so I made it my mission to reset the phone. Here where I F@cked up, I read that using e730 (older) rom will let me out this loop and allow me to get back to the stock. So here are my steps of mischief: installed Nightly ROM 12 for e730-> then I flashed the device to LG optimus Black (dont ask why...I realize it is stupid) -> and through privacy setting clicked for factory reset. Now I am in this bootloop.

I will take any suggestions please help, it really sucks in the stone age, with edge speeds.

bmg1001
Old
(Last edited by bmg1001; 8th April 2012 at 02:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 260

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma000 View Post

I bricked my e739, and I am running out of the options. All I see is the LG logo, I can not access my recovery mode, I tried numerous times (and before i succeed now the logo doesn't even blink it stays the same) hard reset...nothing, tried adb recovery (does not see the device).

So here is the story, I successfully updated my ROM to e739 Nightly 6. After using it for a bit, I decided to go back to stock, and just wait until all bugs are worked out. So i tried to go back to my backup that I made of stock, but no dice it got me in recovery loop, after that I tried to go factory reset, nothing. I couldn't find any way to go back to stock, so I made it my mission to reset the phone. Here where I F@cked up, I read that using e730 (older) rom will let me out this loop and allow me to get back to the stock. So here are my steps of mischief: installed Nightly ROM 12 for e730-> then I flashed the device to LG optimus Black (dont ask why...I realize it is stupid) -> and through privacy setting clicked for factory reset. Now I am in this bootloop.

I will take any suggestions please help, it really sucks in the stone age, with edge speeds.
Hold Power and Volume Down, then after 3 seconds hold Menu and Back (not home) and when the LG logo pops up, release the Power button but keep holding Vol-, Menu, and Back.
It may take some try a to get it right.
Sent from my Creamed Glacier

Nexus 5
Niksus KitKat 3.0
ElementalX
Xposed Settings
F2FS-ALL, ViPER4ANDROID,Crossbreeder, ByeHolo

*signature last updated 12:12 a.m. pst june 26, 2014
The Following User Says Thank You to bmg1001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bmg1001
Old
Thanks Meter 260

DONATE TO ME
And make sure to pull the battery and put it in again when starting to hold the Power and Volume Down

Sent from my Creamed Glacier

Nexus 5
Niksus KitKat 3.0
ElementalX
Xposed Settings

Enigma000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
This sounds like it might work, but O got another tiny bit of problem, I been trying to reset it so many time the phone wont turn on anymore unless it is plugged into power source. I am not sure what to do now. I want try to hard reset your way but I can get the phone to respond anyway unless it is plugged in.

medicjunKie
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Well plug it in lol
I've had several bootloops myself trying to get to stock, but i always got to acces recovery and flash CM again. And now that tthe RC was released, i don't see why i should return to stock.
Just a drop, her blood still remains on my skin.
-
-
-

Nexus 5 hammerhead
Stock Rom
Stock Recovery
Stock Kernel

deziguy420
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma000 View Post

1) Pull the battery out
2) plug ur phone to a computer (on the screen you should see a battery icon indicating the phone is charging)
3) locate your adb folder in my case it's c:\adb once your in there write adb reboot recovery...that should get you to the recovery....
good luck..
The Following User Says Thank You to deziguy420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bmg1001
Old
Thanks Meter 260

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by deziguy420 View Post
1) Pull the battery out
2) plug ur phone to a computer (on the screen you should see a battery icon indicating the phone is charging)
3) locate your adb folder in my case it's c:\adb once your in there write adb reboot recovery...that should get you to the recovery....
good luck..
He might not have ADB installed though

Sent from my LG-E739 using XDA

Nexus 5
Niksus KitKat 3.0
ElementalX
Xposed Settings

Cltme89
Old
Thanks Meter 2
mine doesnt even pull up s/w mode

jzheflin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HELP?!!?

ok so i am running a unofficial cm 10.1 on my mytouch 4g e739 and i need to return to stock but i cant find the stock rom online.. can someone plz help me i accidentally deleted my stock but i need this all the links online are either broken or out dated so they dont work plz help. i have literally been lookin for days i love my current rom and am going to return to it but need the stock just incase something happens id build my own but idk how... so once again someone plz help me as soon as you can