Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Micro SD extension cable

Tip us?

jacobbones
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Micro SD extension cable

Im installing my tablet in my cars dash,

Im trying to find a Micro sd card extension cable so that I can easily connect a memory card to the tablet without taking the whole dash apart.

The dash kit I bought came with a couple regular SD extension cables which do me no good. I have no luck searching for these cables online. All I can find are wholesalers and I dont need 1,000 of them.

Anyone know where to find one? Maybe they are called something different than micro sd extension cable or something.

kudosmog
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Wow
the only SD extension cables I've seen have been really pricy. I've never seen micro SD extension cables.

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but the app Wifi filetransfer / wifi file explorer pro will at least let you transfer files to the card/tablet while it's installed.

Not perfect, but better then nothing.

Bingoig11
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Hi,

I'm currently looking for the same thing as I installed my old HTC HD2 in my car and need to access easily the microsd...
I'll keep you updated if I find anything.
Samsung Galaxy Note

[KitKat][4.4.2][Omni]Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 Naughties™: Slim, Fast and Black Rum™

HTC HD2 EU

Radio 2.15
MAGLDR 1.13
NexusHD2-JellyBean-4.1.2-CM10 V1.3a

ARCHOS 101

CYANOBIZ ICS

NEXUS 10

[4.4.2] Tempest (OmniROM) [KOT49H]

NEXUS 5

[ROM] [4.4] Omni (hammerhead)

KB112
Old
Thanks Meter 678
As said above, Wifi File Explorer Pro works great. I use it on my phone often.

Sent from my HTC Flyer using XDA Premium App.
Sprint - ED Family Plan w/ 6 lines.
LG G2 (Stock Rooted - TWRP)

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 603
Or sugarsync or dropbox , etc. much easier than a cable.............
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.

jacobbones
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I ended up trying the "software data cable" app and it worked really well.

I had been using drop box for ebooks, apk's, music etc.. but larger files took way to long to upload, I had no idea there was better ways.

Thanks

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 603
That app is far more clunky than ES File Explorer for Android, but it gets the job done.
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.

pyromana
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi, I'm looking also this extension card cable and I've seen this:
http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/Micro-SD...item19d0051fdf

Do you think it can help?

it's not for a table, it's too avoid disassemble the device.

Thnks.
The Following User Says Thank You to pyromana For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

killahrey
Old
Thanks Meter 73

DONATE TO ME
wow good find. Im also going to install my view in my card. I dont need this for that though because I am going to make it removable, though that thing is pretty cool.
ENTER THE NEXUS

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 603
You can get better and cheaper here....... if you are willing to buy 1000 at a whack...
http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/micr...ion-cable.html