FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Announcing the Windows 8 Editions

102 posts
Thanks Meter: 18
 
By samsabri, Senior Member on 17th April 2012, 12:40 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Thank God. Only two editions to chose for x86/64 devices and one for ARM devices.

Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro are for x86/64, while WindowsRT will be for gizmos running on ARM.

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b...-editions.aspx
 
 
17th April 2012, 02:29 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 132
 
More
Angry
Hey... I thought there would be two versions Windows 8 M (Metro UI) Edition and Windows 8 N (Normal-Human-User Friendly) Edition... ROTFL
17th April 2012, 10:39 AM |#3  
mtmerrick's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern CA
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Actually there are 3 editions, that link is misleading.

Read through, and you'll see there's regular, pro, AND enterprise. But only those two will be available to consumers. Just like vista and 7, enterprise will only be available in volume licensing.
The Following User Says Thank You to mtmerrick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 12:09 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gururoop

Hey... I thought there would be two versions Windows 8 M (Metro UI) Edition and Windows 8 N (Normal-Human-User Friendly) Edition... ROTFL

Clearly you have not been following the Win 8 much.
The Following User Says Thank You to lamborg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 09:18 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Orange, ca
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
I was really happy to see this, with one exception: That Media Center will only be available to Pro. What the **** were they thinking? Make the goddamn thing available to either version, even if you charge a fee for it. Jesus Christ.

Other than that, I'm happy to see Windows 8 consolidating editions and simplifying choices. I'll be preordering licenses as soon as they announce an early adopter deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsabri

Thank God. Only two editions to chose for x86/64 devices and one for ARM devices.

Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro are for x86/64, while WindowsRT will be for gizmos running on ARM.

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b...-editions.aspx

22nd April 2012, 04:47 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 132
 
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborg

Clearly you have not been following the Win 8 much.

as a matter of fact i have not... i tried early leaked released and was pretty much fine with developer preview... but i hate metroui and would definitely not upgrade in case they decide to keep the start menu removed as they did in consumer preview... its simply not for non-touch screen devices..
22nd April 2012, 06:22 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 458
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongw

I was really happy to see this, with one exception: That Media Center will only be available to Pro. What the **** were they thinking? Make the goddamn thing available to either version, even if you charge a fee for it. Jesus Christ.

Other than that, I'm happy to see Windows 8 consolidating editions and simplifying choices. I'll be preordering licenses as soon as they announce an early adopter deal

its not terribly clear whats going on with media centre is it
22nd April 2012, 09:55 PM |#8  
Account currently disabled
Flag ♥♥Bradford♥♥
Thanks Meter: 713
 
More
any review of latest win 8 ??
As i used pre release version only
23rd April 2012, 05:18 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque, NM
Thanks Meter: 9
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gururoop

as a matter of fact i have not... i tried early leaked released and was pretty much fine with developer preview... but i hate metroui and would definitely not upgrade in case they decide to keep the start menu removed as they did in consumer preview... its simply not for non-touch screen devices..

Start8 kinda fixes the Start Menu issue.
http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

I'm sure most of the issues can be worked around in some way.
23rd April 2012, 08:21 AM |#10  
epso-sage's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Just would like to see what the price is for the upgrade.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes