FORUMS

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

[ROM][DEVELOPMENT ON HOLD][MIUI_Au 4.0.3 base 2.3.26][build3.0]

Thanks Meter: 1,019
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th April 2012, 12:04 PM |#261  
Kueber's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Hi there,

Am I just stupid or changed the usual way of setting up virtuous oc daemon?

Referring to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...33&postcount=5 .

I can't find the "virtuous_oc" folder - or anything related to virtuous.

So.. how am I supposed to change those settings?

(Coming from bulletproof MIUI btw)

Also: Many things seem to force close every time I try to start them.. like "Themes", "File Explorer", "Gallery" or even sometimes "Settings".. pretty much everything MIUI related - is this a known issue?

/Edit: Okay, not just MIUI.. nearly everything crashes at some point.


Greetings
Last edited by Kueber; 15th April 2012 at 12:18 PM.
 
 
15th April 2012, 06:02 PM |#262  
Senior Member
Flag diss
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
hi, ive flashed this rom and am trying to find a difference between this and an older version i was running (bulletproof rom), accept a for the screen rotation animation, and being not quite as smooth.. i know its ICS but, is there any real benefit of using an ICS rom over a gingerbread rom with reguards to MIUI? thanks..
15th April 2012, 10:46 PM |#263  
v1r0x's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 295
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpcrx

hi, ive flashed this rom and am trying to find a difference between this and an older version i was running (bulletproof rom), accept a for the screen rotation animation, and being not quite as smooth.. i know its ICS but, is there any real benefit of using an ICS rom over a gingerbread rom with reguards to MIUI? thanks..

the chief difference is the android version
But also they changed some UI stuff (settings-interface, phone-interface, ...) and implemented new (ICS) features (e.g. the new clock app).

Have a look at the changelogs since v4 was released and you'll see most of the changes.
Apart from the smoothness they implemented some nice stuff

And it's really annoying I can't get my own port working
15th April 2012, 11:45 PM |#264  
ubuntunerd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 359
 
More
i made this kool minimal white icons for miui v4 you guys can check them out here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1598479
17th April 2012, 03:48 PM |#265  
sgtkid12's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brady, Tx
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
When I apply a theme, it doesn't change the messaging, dialer, or the statusbar. How do I get it to change? Or will it not change?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
17th April 2012, 04:14 PM |#266  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtkid12

When I apply a theme, it doesn't change the messaging, dialer, or the statusbar. How do I get it to change? Or will it not change?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Hmm... try fixing permissions, then rebooting, then applying a different theme. It has always worked for me as far as I can remember.

And devs, any progress with an update to Miui v4?v (Not asking for a release date, just wondering if there's been any progress) I am itching like crazy to get a hold of a MIUI v4 rom that runs well!! Seriously... this is like my favorite rom. :P Thanks!
17th April 2012, 09:20 PM |#267  
sgtkid12's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brady, Tx
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeedoo

Hmm... try fixing permissions, then rebooting, then applying a different theme. It has always worked for me as far as I can remember.

And devs, any progress with an update to Miui v4?v (Not asking for a release date, just wondering if there's been any progress) I am itching like crazy to get a hold of a MIUI v4 rom that runs well!! Seriously... this is like my favorite rom. :P Thanks!

I just tried that. And it didn't work.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
22nd April 2012, 09:02 PM |#268  
ubuntunerd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 359
 
More
please check out the updated version of the miui tron theme i put together a while back, it should work with gb or miui v4(ics) it has the new miui circular locking system plus over 250 icons
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post22810275
the movie has long passed but this theme is pretty awesome !!!
22nd April 2012, 09:59 PM |#269  
sgtkid12's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brady, Tx
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubuntunerd

please check out the updated version of the miui tron theme i put together a while back, it should work with gb or miui v4(ics) it has the new miui circular locking system plus over 250 icons
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post22810275
the movie has long passed but this theme is pretty awesome !!!

It looks so cool. Will definitely try it as soon as I can

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
22nd April 2012, 11:52 PM |#270  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Does anyone know how to fix the market incompatibility problem? My LCD density is 240 (at least according to LCD Modder app).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes