Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

reparation "service"

OP 1234556789

18th April 2012, 11:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
369 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
i only can warn you !
i send my transformer because of a new glas ( touchscreen OK) .
the result they want 165 € for it - 40 allone for sending it back !
thats .
if i donīt repair it they want 95 €.
that īs not serious.
anyone else with that kind of experience ?
gandalf
edit : next "joke": they told me that if they dad to change the whole display- not only the broken glas- aaaaand there for also had to change the body around the display....( 40 €]
modern pirates i think !
asus seems to send the people straight to Apple.
Last edited by 1234556789; 19th April 2012 at 02:06 PM.
19th April 2012, 09:20 AM   |  #2  
Goatshocker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 408
 
941 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Wow thats... thats quite insane... add 40€ and you could get a good used TF101.
19th April 2012, 11:03 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
185 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Not sure what you were expecting. Cracked screens - unless you bought it that way, in which case you'd just exchange it where you bought it - aren't considered a fault of the manufacturer. It's considered user damage, and user damage is not covered in standard warranties.

Apple doesn't fix cracked screens either. A friend of mine experienced that first hand, but you can look it up if you don't believe us. Example, http://blogchampion.com/2012/01/12/h...een-in-the-uk/ This was the same deal my friend was offered, a reduced priced refurb (not new like the article suggests).

I realize that crying "Apple" as opposed to yelling out the name of another Android tablet manufacturer, like "Samsung," as an alternative to ASUS is the standard trolling complaint response around here, but you are propagating a falsehood if you are implying Apple - or anybody, really - would have fixed this for free.
Last edited by ssl123; 19th April 2012 at 11:21 PM.
20th April 2012, 10:58 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
369 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssl123

Not sure what you were expecting. Cracked screens - unless you bought it that way, in which case you'd just exchange it where you bought it - aren't considered a fault of the manufacturer. It's considered user damage, and user damage is not covered in standard warranties.

Apple doesn't fix cracked screens either. A friend of mine experienced that first hand, but you can look it up if you don't believe us. Example, http://blogchampion.com/2012/01/12/h...een-in-the-uk/ This was the same deal my friend was offered, a reduced priced refurb (not new like the article suggests).

I realize that crying "Apple" as opposed to yelling out the name of another Android tablet manufacturer, like "Samsung," as an alternative to ASUS is the standard trolling complaint response around here, but you are propagating a falsehood if you are implying Apple - or anybody, really - would have fixed this for free.

I have not expected that it is a warrenty repair of course.!-i never said that! But the way they do it.
kind regards
gandalf
Last edited by 1234556789; 20th April 2012 at 02:32 PM.
20th April 2012, 05:07 PM   |  #5  
tekkitan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 29
 
1,053 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234556789

I have not expected that it is a warrenty repair of course.!-i never said that! But the way they do it.
kind regards
gandalf

The way they do it? They are charging you to fix it like any other company would. Get a third party warranty next time. I'm sure squaretrade or something similar is available to you. I paid $70 for a two year warranty that covers accidental damage and have already used it once. This stuff ain't cheap.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
22nd April 2012, 01:11 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
369 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkitan

The way they do it? They are charging you to fix it like any other company would. Get a third party warranty next time. I'm sure squaretrade or something similar is available to you. I paid $70 for a two year warranty that covers accidental damage and have already used it once. This stuff ain't cheap.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I am expecting not to pay 40 € for sending it to Tschechien , because Ausus isnīt able to repair in Germany.
Also i friend of mine had change covers without a problem. - And thats what they told me - that they had to change because of a new display.
I am expecting to get an E_Mail if they need a reaktion from me.
I am expecting that someone can tell me the prize for changing the display before i send it in.
(I am also expecting that i can buy a docking station- and maybe more after a year- but thats another story)

Kind regards
gandalf
22nd April 2012, 11:00 PM   |  #7  
GenghisKhan67's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sherbrooke
Thanks Meter: 27
 
330 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
I doubt any serious repair shop could give you a 100% accurate estimate without checking out the unit first-hand (and charging for the service). Why should it trust you (or anyone else for that matter), more so if it isn't a defect covered by your warranty? If you don't like its terms, just walk away and buy another tablet, it's as simple as that.
23rd April 2012, 08:07 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
369 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Sometimes it seems to me that i am not from this world...
I never say that i want a 100 % accurate estimate without checking it before !

Am i the only one who expected that -for example- it is possible to say that changing the display cost XXX € ? Of course, if there is more to do it costs more ! Even yet thats what ASUS say now- that maybe it cost more...that make me think that that they didnīt open it, only try out it works so they know they had only to change the parts.- All this they are able to say before i send it to them if there is a place i can do do -but there isnīt .
If you want to change wheels on your car you know before how much it costs !

By the way: It is not a solution to say : if you donīt like the way- donīt buy it !
How could someone know that all before ?
If something is going wrong i had to tell it- and not to be quiet !
Kind regards
gandalf
By the way : it seems to me that you never had to send something back something to asus- in case of that you would know that.
If you want to know what good service means see what logitech do !
Last edited by 1234556789; 23rd April 2012 at 08:15 AM.
23rd April 2012, 07:36 PM   |  #9  
GenghisKhan67's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sherbrooke
Thanks Meter: 27
 
330 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Didn't you mention you dropped your tablet? I get what you are saying, but I think your expectations are not reasonable. I've purchased a lot of Asus hardware over the years and never had any problems getting a replacement or a refund, but to be fair, I didn't break anything myself...
24th April 2012, 08:33 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
369 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisKhan67

Didn't you mention you dropped your tablet? I get what you are saying, but I think your expectations are not reasonable. I've purchased a lot of Asus hardware over the years and never had any problems getting a replacement or a refund, but to be fair, I didn't break anything myself...

-Whatīs the matter??
Sorry, but i broke the screen for myself and i had to pay for it -OK !!- But as i wrote- the way and how much is the thing thats not OK.
For example- once more- : What would you say if a mirror of your car is damage and they say: we donīt know the prize- and later the bill is 50€ for the mirror and 30€ for sending it with post and......see above.

My expectations are not reasonable?
A list on the webside with prizes with - for example- for changing the screen is not reasonable? Of course with a hint, if the see more problems.......
kind regards
gandalf

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes