Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 40,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in H-Boot/MyTouch 4g Splash Screen

Tip us?

Kelevro
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Stuck in H-Boot/MyTouch 4g Splash Screen

I tried downgrading to Froyo to root, and I did the adb processes, yada-yada. Followed the guide to a tee, and then during updating, it got stuck midstream. I HAD to pull the battery, as it was taking way too long to finish. I turned it back on, and stuck at the splash screen. I'm able to get into H-Boot, however, so there may be some hope. I tried redownloading the PD15IMG file and retried. Same nonsense. On the sides, where it shows the progress, it says "Fail."

gbondoc
Old
(Last edited by gbondoc; 22nd April 2012 at 10:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 81
*Fail* is the similar response that you will receive for posting this in the dev section
Device(s):
*OG Samsung Gravity(Still Active but only during wrestling season)
* T-Mobile G1:Black(Retired)
*Mytouch 4g:Black(Current)

Current Rom: [Rom][Port] JoyOS v1.2.1 *Private Update Edition* <Beats Audio/GPU Rendering>
by:sckboy78 (6/23/12)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1639441&page=5
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gbondoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eqjunkie829
Old
Thanks Meter 600

DONATE TO ME
I don't understand why people have such a hard time downgrading and rooting... I did it the first time last week on a friend's phone with no issues whatsoever. If the directions are followed exactly, it will work.

Sent from my Glacier using xda premium
If I have assisted you in any way, please hit the THANKS button!!!
I also like bitcoins! 1NmMPVziEcX8gd9togvD2QQYehuDedx6Rh
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eqjunkie829 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

exemp30
Old
Thanks Meter 17
This does not belong here

Sent from my HTC Glacier
The Following User Says Thank You to exemp30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

THEindian
Old
Thanks Meter 566

DONATE TO ME
You have got to be ****ting my pants.
PRIMARY- Nexus 4 running PA and Franco's kernel
Secondary-My awesome glacier running albinoman's cm10.1
Visit My Android Blog!!!

Mastermind behind INDIAN MADNESS -HTC Glacier -HTC Desire HD -HTC Inspire 4G -HTC Sensation 4G -HTC Sensation XE

Okaham
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevro View Post
I tried downgrading to Froyo to root, and I did the adb processes, yada-yada. Followed the guide to a tee, and then during updating, it got stuck midstream. I HAD to pull the battery, as it was taking way too long to finish. I turned it back on, and stuck at the splash screen. I'm able to get into H-Boot, however, so there may be some hope. I tried redownloading the PD15IMG file and retried. Same nonsense. On the sides, where it shows the progress, it says "Fail."
Cool story bro. Changed my life.

Guess that's why you decided to post it in the development section huh?

The Following User Says Thank You to Okaham For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GrimReaper24
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1089
Thread moved to Q&A.....
-XDA MODERATOR-
HERE TO HELP.
Drop me a thanks if you liked the help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrimReaper24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 945
Now, when it's in proper section and hopefully you've learned your lesson, you can learn another one:
Go read the stickies. You'll soon find out that your phone is dead. "Fail-PU" = Failed Partition Update. Google it.
Good luck with your phone.
Wiki on this forum exists for a reason. PLEASE READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.
Glacier (MyTouch 4G / Panache) Wiki
Nexus One Wiki
Nexus One FAQ.

[Lockscreen MOD] Trackball/trackpad wake-sleep toggle for Sense ROMs - [Nexus One], [MyTouch 4G]
[MOD]NoClock for Sense ROMs
[MOD] Change WiFi hostname

[MOD]Gallery3D with high-res patch, for stock and HTC cameras
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack_R1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vanlar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Freezes in HBoot screen when when antenna screws tightened.

My problem is similar. I attempted to change out a cracked digitizer on the Glacier and encountered this problem. The phone works fine until I attempt to tighten the screws on the main antenna. When I do so, the phone boots into a frozen HBoot screen. Nothing happens when I press the up, down, or start buttons. Also, I am unable to use any of the buttons.
When I loosen the screws, it boots in normal fashion and the buttons and all work normally.
Does anyone know the answer to this problem?

LaGuru
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlar View Post
My problem is similar. I attempted to change out a cracked digitizer on the Glacier and encountered this problem. The phone works fine until I attempt to tighten the screws on the main antenna. When I do so, the phone boots into a frozen HBoot screen. Nothing happens when I press the up, down, or start buttons. Also, I am unable to use any of the buttons.
When I loosen the screws, it boots in normal fashion and the buttons and all work normally.
Does anyone know the answer to this problem?
Did you ever get a response to this?? same thing happened to me. I know what to do to start it (have to connect to comp and restart it..blah blah blah) but Im wondering is there a permanent solution to this problem??

Thnxx in advance.