Thread Closed

Master&Slave is coming!

OP JFigure

22nd April 2012, 05:52 PM   |  #91  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 49

438 posts
More
The g2x community came together to buy morphic (very stand-up dev) one, when he wanted to sell it 8-9 months later he asked the community if it was ok with it. Of course he also said he knew and had what he needed and would continue development blind....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #92  
Flag Gulf Breeze, FL
Thanks Meter: 188

684 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg71

If that's really what is happening here, I'd hope the developer would pass the baton on to another developer willing to pick up the effort. Donating after something is delivered is usually the safe bet, but I understand in some situations it's more of an encouragement to get a known developer to work on the platform by giving them the device to work with. I'm cool with that, but if that developer decides to move on, the reasonable thing to do would be to pass that device on to someone else who can remain active with development.

Again, I don't know if that's the case here, so I'm just speaking in generalities and not towards any specific individual.

If one were to jump to a conclusion, as we are all known to do on occasion, one might correlate the purchase of the phone with his comment seeking to get rid of it. Who knows? All I know is ppl like The Collective, Playin4Sheezy, Dagr8 & Duke others are leading the initial charge quite well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
22nd April 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #93  
Recognized Developer
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 6,333

3,525 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg71

If that's really what is happening here, I'd hope the developer would pass the baton on to another developer willing to pick up the effort. Donating after something is delivered is usually the safe bet, but I understand in some situations it's more of an encouragement to get a known developer to work on the platform by giving them the device to work with. I'm cool with that, but if that developer decides to move on, the reasonable thing to do would be to pass that device on to someone else who can remain active with development.

Again, I don't know if that's the case here, so I'm just speaking in generalities and not towards any specific individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squish099

The g2x community came together to buy morphic (very stand-up dev) one, when he wanted to sell it 8-9 months later he asked the community if it was ok with it. Of course he also said he knew and had what he needed and would continue development blind....

this is the whole point , I am not bashing any other devs , I respect them all , but real life comes first and you cant blame a dev for having other preferences or interests , the minute you pay for sometjhign upfront you start expecting things , thats when trouble starts , I ve seen great devs being bashed here on XDA for taking money upfront and not delivering , wanst his fault he just was in over his head and couldnt deliver what he was expecting to , still a top dev in my book , i wont name any names just saying , dont believe the hype , the only way you will get what you pay for is by trying it out first ..

like XDA rules says , you have your real life work to make money . Money here is a BONUS and well deserved one , its not a job .
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DAGr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #94  
Thanks Meter: 29

170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGr8

this is the whole point , I am not bashing any other devs , I respect them all , but real life comes first and you cant blame a dev for having other preferences or interests , the minute you pay for sometjhign upfront you start expecting things , thats when trouble starts , I ve seen great devs being bashed here on XDA for taking money upfront and not delivering , wanst his fault he just was in over his head and couldnt deliver what he was expecting to , still a top dev in my book , i wont name any names just saying , dont believe the hype , the only way you will get what you pay for is by trying it out first ..

like XDA rules says , you have your real life work to make money . Money here is a BONUS and well deserved one , its not a job .

Just thankful for DAGr8 and other devs who created roms and other stuff here. Really shine at the moment like this. Hope people now will donate to devs who is actually developing and showing actions.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using XDA
22nd April 2012, 08:25 PM   |  #95  
Thanks Meter: 43

205 posts
More
Devs like Romanbb, Whitehawkx, and faux123 would be a great addition to our forums
The Following User Says Thank You to Scyke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 08:27 PM   |  #96  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Placerville, California
Thanks Meter: 80

5,451 posts
More
Great can we close this this thread now. It serves no purpose.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllTheWay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 10:40 PM   |  #97  
Flag Greensboro
Thanks Meter: 172

964 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyke

Devs like Romanbb, Whitehawkx, and faux123 would be a great addition to our forums

I talked to faux and he said he would glady develop for the note uf be had one..hes a stand.up guy and played a.HUGE role on the atrix even working blind on it

22nd April 2012, 11:04 PM   |  #98  
Thanks Meter: 29

341 posts
More
He should donate it to Designgears. He is source of Cognition, Perception, and most of recent Samsung official/unofficial leaks. He has own donation link on WWW.ponack/designgears towards an AT&T NOTE.

22nd April 2012, 11:21 PM   |  #99  
Flag Springfield, Missouri
Thanks Meter: 761

2,185 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetoothless

He should donate it to Designgears. He is source of Cognition, Perception, and most of recent Samsung official/unofficial leaks. He has own donation link on WWW.ponack/designgears towards an AT&T NOTE.

how do i know thats his hmmmmm lmao

22nd April 2012, 11:44 PM   |  #100  
Thanks Meter: 58

470 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornklown69

how do i know thats his hmmmmm lmao

Because he posted that link on his twitter....

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread