5,596,128 Members 33,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM - 1.2] BETA ICS 4.0.X - Team DRH (Update 07/02/12)

Tip us?

nobe1976
Old
Thanks Meter 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by KameoRE View Post
Try the new TeamDRH ICS v1.2 version, with native kernel it might work.
If not, then flash the latest Antibyte's kernel (v12).
TeamDRH v1.2 beta : http://teamdrh.com/DRH-Downloads/rom.html
Antibyte's kernel v12 : http://www.solidfiles.com/d/b323e85801/
I have flashed different kernels before and had my share of issues with them because they were not made for our device. I see that you have a different device so I must ask. What would the absolute reason to change to that kernel versus the one that is currently installed in the build? Also would that Kernel work on the Gtab?

marcjw
Old
Thanks Meter 125
I just installed your rom after having happily lived with cm7 for a few months. Nice work!! I wasn't sure I'd ever see ics for this thing!

I see that you've announced a new version. I guess I got lucky - that's the version I happened to download! Too bad my timing isn't always this good...

Even though my installation went smoothly and took only an hour or so I thought I'd point out a couple of trivial errors / omissions in your nvflash for Linux docs:

1) Nvflash and nvflash_gtablet.sh need to be executable chmod 755 does the trick.
2) For your step two, I think 5 secs is too long for the power down. 1 sec should do it. 5 secs got me a reboot into the Gtab rom.
3) In your step three you state to use the Home button to execute a CWM command. That didn't work for me. The Home button acted as an up arrow. I had to use the faux ics soft Return button at the bottom of the screen instead.

None of those things detract from what at first glance appears to be a terrific rom! Even my app restore from TB (app only) went well!

nobe1976
Old
Thanks Meter 524
[QUOTE=marcjw;25186196]
3) In your step three you state to use the Home button to execute a CWM command. That didn't work for me. The Home button acted as an up arrow. I had to use the faux ics soft Return button at the bottom of the screen instead

Actually instead of the home button being the execute on CWM 5504 it is actually the search button. Just FYI if ever in CWM 5504 again. The home button is the execute button for CWM 3028.

thehumble1
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Just a note. This is running much better IMHO I went to 160dpi and run ATK sometimes to keep it snappy, but it's overall a big jump. Just look at that quadrant.
Sent from my TeamDRH ICS for GTablet using xda premium
N4 / g2x / Nexus 7 / Hx: Nexus S, Wildfire S, HD2, Behold 2, HTC Wizard 8125 then these:

toonwar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
How would you recommend updating? Should I wipe data and factory reset? Or just delvik?
Devices:

Samsung Galaxy SIII running Slim
Retired Samsung Galaxy S Captivate running Slim ICS
Took a Plunge HTC Inspire 4G running MIUI
Burned in a fire Viewsonic Gtab running Century Eyes

fosser2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 341

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobe1976 View Post
I have flashed different kernels before and had my share of issues with them because they were not made for our device. I see that you have a different device so I must ask. What would the absolute reason to change to that kernel versus the one that is currently installed in the build? Also would that Kernel work on the Gtab?
That kernel is specific for the Hannspad, not the Gtab. The kernel that comes with our rom is currently the only .39 kernel that can run on the gtab. Flashing kernels like this could end up frying your hardware.

toonwar
Old
(Last edited by toonwar; 23rd April 2012 at 08:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KameoRE View Post
Try the new TeamDRH ICS v1.2 version, with native kernel it might work.
If not, then flash the latest Antibyte's kernel (v12).
TeamDRH v1.2 beta : http://teamdrh.com/DRH-Downloads/rom.html
Antibyte's kernel v12 : http://www.solidfiles.com/d/b323e85801/
Antibytes didn't help and disabled my buttons... flashing back to native. I guess I just can't play some games.

Edit: So if it helps at all, I run the acer500 build prop it allows me to download additional files. After opening them they usually don't allow touch and either crash or just run without touch ability. They are also offset from the bottom and right sides and just have black bars there. This includes all Game loft games I have tried like N.O.V.A. 2 and Golf 3
Devices:

Samsung Galaxy SIII running Slim
Retired Samsung Galaxy S Captivate running Slim ICS
Took a Plunge HTC Inspire 4G running MIUI
Burned in a fire Viewsonic Gtab running Century Eyes

nobe1976
Old
Thanks Meter 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosser2 View Post
That kernel is specific for the Hannspad, not the Gtab. The kernel that comes with our rom is currently the only .39 kernel that can run on the gtab. Flashing kernels like this could end up frying your hardware.
I know better then to mess with other kernels, just wanted to bring it to other peoples attention the possibilities of damaging there devices. Thanks for enlightening the subject.

Not that I use it much, but Chrome Beta doesn't work on the latest build or is that the apps issue? I have managed to find a hacked version that does work, wanted to try it out on my phone on ICS since they didn't have HW working just yet. It works great on the tablet, but still takes a while to load up. I always seem to end up running Opera.

the3dman
Old
Thanks Meter 103

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobe1976 View Post
I know better then to mess with other kernels, just wanted to bring it to other peoples attention the possibilities of damaging there devices. Thanks for enlightening the subject.

Not that I use it much, but Chrome Beta doesn't work on the latest build or is that the apps issue? I have managed to find a hacked version that does work, wanted to try it out on my phone on ICS since they didn't have HW working just yet. It works great on the tablet, but still takes a while to load up. I always seem to end up running Opera.
It is an issue with the newest version of chrome. The version included in the Rom works, but only if you refrain from updating it. From the comments in the market, this is causing issues on other devices also. Hopefully Google will fix it soon.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to the3dman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

isd88
Old
Thanks Meter 3
hi i flashed your rom and it works very smooth besides some little glitches like short freezing or something. Tonight i will flash latest beta to chech the improvements but i alredy love that rom! anyone knows how to overclock our cpu/gpu with this rom?

Tags
ap10a1 ics, hcl me ap10a1