Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 51,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Leak/Info] SGS 3 Video Teaser/Exynos 4 Quad

Tip us?

tehee
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2tegg View Post
Interesting. I know Bell already has the S3. I know someone pretty "high up" there and has used one already. obviously its in testing mode but from what he told me, as soon as it comes out he will definately be getting one. And I garantee it will be quad core (he won't tell me anything else.. the fact that he told me they have them was already saying too much)
OMG are you serious...

I just switched from Bell to Rogers just for the SR and then Bell gets the S3

Hopefully this will be a GNote scenario where all the major carriers get the phone.

But anyways thats exciting to hear about. Im actually starting to believe these May 22nd rumors...

icenight89
Old
Thanks Meter 718

DONATE TO ME
anyhow rogers gets the s3, my skyrocket is gonna magically "break.". I'll warranty it for an account credit and get the s3 through Rogers Rententions

puff8stuff
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I really hope they can retain the exynos chipset for all markets. The fragmentation due to using 3 different chipsets in the GSII for 4g receptivity was a real headache for development and users alike. IMO, all new gsm phones should be penta-band. nexus phones are setting a good example.

m4570d0n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,023

DONATE TO ME
Saw that video on Engadget the other day. I'll just post the updated part from it:
Did the Samsung Galaxy S III just appear in Vietnam? (video) (updated with statement)
Quote:
Update: It looks our source link has disappeared and the video has now gone private. Fortunately, we grabbed our own copy of the video and you can find it below.
Update 2: We reached out to Samsung for a comment, and here's the not-so-surprising response:
"We will be able to tell you more at the 2012 Samsung Mobile Unpacked."
Also, this:

Amazon Germany weighs in on Samsung Galaxy S III with 4.7-inch screen and 12 megapixel camera
Quote:

May 3rd is no doubt going to be a monumental day for Samsung, but April 20th is certainly turning out to be quite memorable for potential specs of the Galaxy S III. Not only did we happen to come across a purported leak of the device itself, which suggested the handset would pack a 4.6-inch display and an 8 megapixel camera, but now a placeholder has popped up on Amazon's German site with a few contrasting specifications -- most notably, a 4.7-inch screen and a 12 megapixel camera. We're still a bit skeptical, because this is far from official, but the fact that the smartphone is shipped and sold by Amazon itself adds a wee bit of credence to the product listing. Only time will tell which set of specs -- if any -- are the correct ones, but the build-up to the Galaxy S III just got a whole lot more interesting.
The Verge, BestBoyZ (translated)
Amazon.de (translated)
The Following User Says Thank You to m4570d0n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mossination
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Thanks for the update. I put it in the op

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

musa13
Old
Thanks Meter 14

Looking at the blanketed device in the image above, it’s clearly obvious that all attempts to shroud the device in secrecy has ultimately succeeded. The phone really looks nothing like the “leaks” we’ve already seen, and it appears that the reports are true that Samsung has concealed the test devices in a dummy case. Under that blue blanket of mystery you can tell that the device will have a curved screen and corners much like the Galaxy Nexus but that is about all that can be deciphered. It really looks like Samsung may actually successfully keep this thing under “wraps” until the 3rd of next month.

http://www.talkandroid.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to musa13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mossination
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by musa13 View Post

Looking at the blanketed device in the image above, it’s clearly obvious that all attempts to shroud the device in secrecy has ultimately succeeded. The phone really looks nothing like the “leaks” we’ve already seen, and it appears that the reports are true that Samsung has concealed the test devices in a dummy case. Under that blue blanket of mystery you can tell that the device will have a curved screen and corners much like the Galaxy Nexus but that is about all that can be deciphered. It really looks like Samsung may actually successfully keep this thing under “wraps” until the 3rd of next month.

http://www.talkandroid.com/
Unless one of the sgs3 developers leaves his test phone at a bar...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 813
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-574...news&tag=title

Tick..Tock...Tick...Tock...

Samsung is hoping to generate some consumer buzz for its Galaxy S 3, the next version of its Android-based line of smartphones, with a countdown clock.

The company's mobile division kicked off the effort this morning by tweeting the cryptic message, "Destination: tgeltaayehxnx" -- apparently an anagram for "The next Galaxy."

The Verge discovered that tgeltaayehxnx is also a Web site that features a countdown clock and the message that "You can take the next step in..." (about 16 hours as of this writing -- Monday morning).

Samsung has revealed very little about the new smartphone, other than its May 3 launch. However, a source has told CNET sister site Crave UK that the new device will be a relatively minor upgrade over the Galaxy S2. No specs were revealed, but he said it should be similar to the HTC One X,which has a 1.5GHz quad-core chip with 1GB of RAM and a 4.7-inch screen.

Haxel
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Really not liking this larger screen deal. I believe 4-4.2 inch screen was the sweet spot...

chompy630
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Looks like they added a teaser video
..Samsung sure knows how to advertise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

The Following User Says Thank You to chompy630 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]