5,593,401 Members 36,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any good place to sell my GS2 i777?

Tip us?

EternalPal
Old
(Last edited by EternalPal; 22nd April 2012 at 11:01 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Any good place to sell my GS2 i777?

I have one I do not use due to it being GSM and want to get rid of to buy a one I can actually use[Galaxy nexus CDMA].

I put the listing on Ebay[expired],Craigslist and Swappa. I would try the XDA forum as ive been told but there I cannot post there due to the new restrictions. Can you help out XDA?

gsrrr
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalPal View Post
I have one I do not use due to it being CDMAand want to get rid of to buy a one I can actually use[Galaxy nexus GSM].

I put the listing on Ebay[expired],Craigslist and Swappa. I would try the XDA forum as ive been told but there I cannot post there due to the new restrictions. Can you help out XDA?
you have a cdma i777?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

dirtbikerr450
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrrr View Post
you have a cdma i777?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
i think he means a wcdma?

try ebay instasale
http://instantsale.ebay.com/offer/Sa...xy-S-II/37137/
If It's On XDA It Must Be Real

EternalPal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbikerr450 View Post
i think he means a wcdma?

try ebay instasale
http://instantsale.ebay.com/offer/Sa...xy-S-II/37137/
yes sorry WCDMA , and they only give me 137.80 for it :/ not enough for a used galaxy.

quarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 309
I'm confused what the GSM galaxy nexus will offer over the GS II. Don't they both use the same HSPA+ / WCDMA frequencies, if you get the GSM version?

Regardless I think you will be extremely lucky if you can find a way to swap a Galaxy S II for a Galaxy Nexus. If you ever do find a way that by some miracle gets you a GSM Galaxy Nexus for a i777 straight over, do let us know.

XDA does have a marketplace forum for buying, selling, and trading.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)
i-mate JAQ > HTC 8525 > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS (it was a dark time in my life, I was confused) > Palm Pre > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate > LG Thrill > Samsung Focus > Samsung Galaxy S II (I777) > HTC One X > Samsung Galaxy Note II (I317) > Samsung Galaxy S 4 (I337) + HP TouchPad

dirtbikerr450
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Here you go
http://www.gazelle.com/catalog/cell-...77/477464-gpid
If It's On XDA It Must Be Real

EternalPal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarlow View Post
I'm confused what the GSM galaxy nexus will offer over the GS II. Don't they both use the same HSPA+ / WCDMA frequencies, if you get the GSM version?

Regardless I think you will be extremely lucky if you can find a way to swap a Galaxy S II for a Galaxy Nexus. If you ever do find a way that by some miracle gets you a GSM Galaxy Nexus for a i777 straight over, do let us know.

XDA does have a marketplace forum for buying, selling, and trading.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)

I don't have a CDMA network to use the phone right now its just sitting there. I have verizon thus my need for a GSM phone. I know it does but with the new restrictions I cannot post or even look at the forum :/

REOGrand
Old
(Last edited by REOGrand; 22nd April 2012 at 10:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 65
I think your confused. You cant use any GSM phone on Verizon. Unless maybe its unlocked? Verizon is CDMA. Along with Sprint. GSM can be used with ATT and T Mobile. i777 is for ATT. Unless you have the International version i9100. Then you should be able to put a T Mobile sim in it.

EternalPal
Old
(Last edited by EternalPal; 22nd April 2012 at 11:06 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by REOGrand View Post
I think your confused. You cant use any GSM phone on Verizon. Unless maybe its unlocked? Verizon is CDMA. Along with Sprint. GSM can be used with ATT and T Mobile. i777 is for ATT. Unless you have the International version i9100. Then you should be able to put a T Mobile sim in it.

Wait a second, so your saying I CAN use my i777 on verizon?its the AT&T model. I was told by AT&T that i cannot use this phone on verizon.

Edit: Nvm. So I need to purchase a verizon nexus. Ok. well I guess I still need to sale this phone.

quarlow
Old
(Last edited by quarlow; 23rd April 2012 at 12:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalPal View Post
Wait a second, so your saying I CAN use my i777 on verizon?its the AT&T model. I was told by AT&T that i cannot use this phone on verizon.

Edit: Nvm. So I need to purchase a verizon nexus. Ok. well I guess I still need to sale this phone.
Yes, you need a CDMA/LTE Galaxy Nexus for Verizon. The i777 will not work on Verizon.

None of AT&T's LTE phones will work on Verizon, even if unlocked. What AT&T calls 4G that isn't LTE, their HSPA+, is also referred to as WCDMA, plus their 3G is called WCDMA, but its not CDMA like Verizon or Sprint. If that wasn't confusing enough both AT&T and Verizon use 700 MHz LTE, but they are not using the same section of the 700 range so they are not interoperable. Unlike EDGE (2G) that is interopeable on AT&T vs T-Mobile. And some regions of AT&T and T-Mobile use the same 3G frequencies, so some 3G phones have limited functionality on both GSM networks.

Basic rule of thumb, for best results get a phone specifically made for your carrier.
i-mate JAQ > HTC 8525 > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS (it was a dark time in my life, I was confused) > Palm Pre > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate > LG Thrill > Samsung Focus > Samsung Galaxy S II (I777) > HTC One X > Samsung Galaxy Note II (I317) > Samsung Galaxy S 4 (I337) + HP TouchPad