Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to port Stock/GB/CM7/CM9/ICS/CM10/JB Based ROMs [Update: Sept.25.2012]

Tip us?

Peteragent5
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1963

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpjunior999 View Post
I was going to try this, but none of this makes any sense. The rom I'm porting is my BASE and the stock device rom I'm editing is PORTED? I was going to follow this to port CM7 to my Droid Charge from the Fascinate, but am I supposed to change all the instances of SCH-150 to Fascinate in the build.prop?

You gotta either do a video or rewrite this because as-is this is obtuse. Has anybody successfully ported anything with this?
Lol yeah I'll do an update. But meanwhile, try to understand and reread again
Away for 2 months.

Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M | Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250M | BlackBerry PlayBook
GitHub

andreas0013
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andr00ib View Post
thx bro..it worked out!
May I ask what roms sid you use?

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”

- Gandhi

“You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.”

- Buddha

Press Thanks if i helped you.
Also press thanks if i didnt help you, its free

" ΚΥΠΡΟΣ ΓΗ ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΗ "
The Following User Says Thank You to andreas0013 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dodgedroid
Old
Thanks Meter 752

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas0013 View Post
May I ask what roms sid you use?

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium
I use like base CM7 and like ported cm7 from htc desire hd because cm7 from desire hd had fm.apk and my cm7 not!

MrAwesomePT
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I've tried to port CM7, but it failed... But during the process there where a few steps that I wasn't sure about...
First of all, I'm using a HTC Explorer (ARMv7) and using JaggyRom as my BASE.
I went to CM page and downloaded a HTC Desire S (ARMv7) ROM to use as PORTED.

I didn't had any camera.apk in my BASE (I guess the camera will not work properly xD).
When I had to edit the build.prop and the updater-script files, there were a lot of command lines in BASE that didn't had a matching line in PORTED (ex: I had some ro.htc... lines in build.prop BASE and there where no ro.htc... lines in build.prop PORTED).
Should I had to PORTED the lines that are missing? Or just update the ones that exist to the right values?

In the updater-script file from BASE there were a lot more "symlinks" lines too... These 2 steps are confusing as hell =\

Thank you for reading
Nokia 3310-> Nokia 6100 -> Motorola L6 -> Nokia 5300 -> Nokia N73 -> HTC Explorer -> Samsung Galaxy Express

Peteragent5
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1963

DONATE TO ME
^ Yup I sent you a PM
Away for 2 months.

Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M | Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250M | BlackBerry PlayBook
GitHub

MrAwesomePT
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Yea I'll keep trying. If i can't do it I'll try another Base because this isn't even the stock rom... It already had Apps2SD and other stuff that require the SD card to have a partition and whatnot... So when I get a stock Rom I'll keep trying it
Nokia 3310-> Nokia 6100 -> Motorola L6 -> Nokia 5300 -> Nokia N73 -> HTC Explorer -> Samsung Galaxy Express

Klyupp
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Peteragent5, great your helping everyone so much. I've tried porting CM7 to my galaxy Note but also wasn't able to fully understand your guide, would be great if a couple of things are going to explained a bit more in depth. Also, this all is not possible with ICS roms?
Current Phone: LG G3 (32GB/3GB)
ROM: Stock LG
kernel: Stock LG

Second Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4
ROM: Cyanogenmod 11 official
kernel: Stock CM

Old Phones: Samsung Omia - Samsung Omnia HD - htc HD2 - iPhone 4- Galaxy S2 - Galaxy Note - iPhone 4s - htc one X - Galaxy S3 - Galaxy Nexus - Nexus 5
Old Tabs: tf300t and Nexus 7 (2012)

w0lf215
Old
(Last edited by w0lf215; 24th April 2012 at 08:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 121
First of all THANKS for the guide! Have been unable to find one this detailed. I still can't get this to work though.. Is this the same process used for ICS based ROMS? I keep getting animation bootloops.. boots to the animation fine but just chills here infinitely.

Ive tried porting 2 different ROMS(many times each..) and get the same issue each time. Im trying to port to a Motorola Photon, an ARM-7 device and tried Roms from different devices(both ARM-7) but can't get it to work. Is there anything differently I need to do for ICS ports? Using CM9 as a base and trying to port other ICS based ROM. And do you have a tool to pull apart kernels with Windows 7(don't have linux at the time being) Ive followed several tutorials and they all lead me back to bootloops.. and idk how to logcat it or diagnose what im missing here..

PipelinerArd
Old
Thanks Meter 1967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0lf215 View Post
First of all THANKS for the guide! Have been unable to find one this detailed. I still can't get this to work though.. Is this the same process used for ICS based ROMS? I keep getting animation bootloops.. boots to the animation fine but just chills here infinitely.

Ive tried porting 2 different ROMS(many times each..) and get the same issue each time. Im trying to port to a Motorola Photon, an ARM-7 device and tried Roms from different devices(both ARM-7) but can't get it to work. Is there anything differently I need to do for ICS ports? Using CM9 as a base and trying to port other ICS based ROM. And do you have a tool to pull apart kernels with Windows 7(don't have linux at the time being) Ive followed several tutorials and they all lead me back to bootloops.. and idk how to logcat it or diagnose what im missing here..
+1 I also tried porting cm9 from desire s to my inspire and I get stuck at splash screen..
If I haven't replied to you...I'm probably working my ass off in the oilfield!!!

SpaceCaker
Old
Recognized Themer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipelinerArd View Post
+1 I also tried porting cm9 from desire s to my inspire and I get stuck at splash screen..
Make a adb logcat

unwritten sentance

My Github Click Here
Github BroadcomCM Click Here
Github CyanoSpaceMod Click Here
Github MSR-Roms Click Here
Check My SoundCloud for my music remakes,mixes etc Click Here
Linux HP-Pavilion-G7 3.11.0-23-generic #40-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 4 21:05:23 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux