Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Wich launcher do you think should be included?
Apex Launcher 73 32.16%
Nova Launcher 57 25.11%
Stock Launcher 40 17.62%
All of them 57 25.11%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] Abduction ICS (V1.81 -Update 3/12/2012)

Tip us?

Hanger84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279

DONATE TO ME
Working as much as I can on an update. No, I haven't abandoned this ROM or the Inc....I've just been extremely busy lately.

I finally got my Rezound, as Tiny mentioned....so now I can spend more time working on the ROM and testing it than previously.

Many folks wishes will be granted soon with the lock screen, as that's what I've been working on this morning. Here's an inverted teaser to hopefully satisfy folks =D

The color is inverted since white on white isn't very visible lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hanger84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hanger84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279

DONATE TO ME
Sorry for not having the 1.8 update out last night, I went almost 36 hours without sleep working it and other things here at home and crashed around 1pm yesterday and slept until sometime around 9am today.

I'll be working on the finishing touches today and I definitely will have it up this evening. I got a few things I need to do first before I can finish up on it, mainly the lock screen mod and removing Beats (I'll be adding it back eventually, or Dolby Audio enhancement)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hanger84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prchohan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks Hanger.....can you plz remove the blue Android on incoming call as well? I think you mentioned a while ago that you had that fix ready? Thanks much.

orfius christ
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger84 View Post
Sorry for not having the 1.8 update out last night, I went almost 36 hours without sleep working it and other things here at home and crashed around 1pm yesterday and slept until sometime around 9am today.

I'll be working on the finishing touches today and I definitely will have it up this evening. I got a few things I need to do first before I can finish up on it, mainly the lock screen mod and removing Beats (I'll be adding it back eventually, or Dolby Audio enhancement)
Thank you Hanger!

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

Cellulah
Old
(Last edited by Cellulah; 22nd April 2012 at 05:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Okay, who knocked this down a star. Someone's been going through these threads and rating them all one star; stupid trolls.
Keep up the great work Hanger, thanks for the update!

demarcmj
Old
(Last edited by demarcmj; 22nd April 2012 at 05:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellulah View Post
Okay, who knocked this down a star. Someone's been going through these threads and rating them all one star; stupid trolls.
Keep up the great work Hanger, thanks for the update!

I think the fact that there are (as of this writing) only 8 votes should tell you that nobody really pays any attention to (or cares about) those star ratings.

That said, I just added a 5 star vote.

P.S. Hanger has apparently changed his name on AP to "Honey Badger." Hanger, you crazy.

32GB Marble White (Verizon)
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 M9 Snapshot

Retired: HTC Incredible, LG enV2, Samsung SCH-A630

s22lane
Old
Thanks Meter 7
How do I change keyboards ? Sorry for dumb question. I want to use swype.

Sent from my Incredible using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

demarcmj
Old
Thanks Meter 115
By default, Android 4.0 has a thingamabob that pops up in the notification bar any time the keyboard is open. You use this to change keyboards (like long pressing the text area in previous versions of Android). I believe this is disabled by default in Abduction, which is where your confusion comes from...

So, since it's not there, there are 3 ways to switch to swype...
  1. Enable it (and select it) through the Swype installer. This is likely the easiest option, provided you still have the installer installed.
  2. Through ROM Control, you can enable that control I mentioned above that shows up whenever the keyboard is active.
  3. Just do it through settings... this is where that notifications bar control takes you anyway. I'm sorry I don't know the exact path to that settings page (I have very temporarily switched back to gingerbread) but it probably says something like language and keyboard... I'm sure you can find it.

Hopefully that helps. Sorry for the lack of detail in some spots, but I'm sure if you were competent enough to root and flash this ROM, you should be able to find the setting now that I've (hopefully) pointed you in the right direction.

32GB Marble White (Verizon)
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 M9 Snapshot

Retired: HTC Incredible, LG enV2, Samsung SCH-A630

s22lane
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thank u very much. I'm going to try now. I really appreciate the help.

s22lane
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thank you...it worked

Tags
abandoned, abduction, deleted, winning
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe