Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 41,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which mod are you using??
WAKEUP-WITH-VOLUME-KEYS 98 52.69%
ICS Dictionary 27 14.52%
T9 Dialer 48 25.81%
- baterry percentage V2 31 16.67%
- center clock + battery percentage V2 14 7.53%
- battery bar percentage 14 7.53%
- center clock + battery bar percentage 8 4.30%
- vertical battery percentage 10 5.38%
- vertical battery percentage + center clock 7 3.76%
- horizontal battery percentage 12 6.45%
- horizontal battery percentage + center clock 6 3.23%
- dotted circle battery percentage 17 9.14%
- dotted circle battery percentage + center clock 17 9.14%
- full circle battery percentage 16 8.60%
- full circle battery percentage + center clock 12 6.45%
- honeycomb battery 20 10.75%
- honeycomb battery + center clock 15 8.06%
- lockscreen animation 21 11.29%
- lockscreen rotation 9 4.84%
- lockscreen animation + lockscreen rotation 11 5.91%
vold.fstab - CHANGE THE DEFAULT SDCARD mod 9 4.84%
CHANGE THE GPS SERVER - gps.conf mod 32 17.20%
BOOT ANIMATION mod 46 24.73%
CONNECT TO AD-HOC HOTSPOTS mod 15 8.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

AURORA mods/addons+Connect to ad-hoc hotspots guide+decompile/compile/edit apks guide

Tip us?

spirosbond
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBwai View Post
I have a battery mod for 2.08, which I made for myself (change colour from green to blue and resize it a bit - it is made with kitchen) and can share with others. Spirosbond - you can upload it in the firs post with all other battery mods.
Thanks for the mod but as long as it is made with UOT I don't think it is mandatory to put it to the 1st post. You can share your work here though. But yes, with UOT you can make some pretty mods.

Cheers!

RBwai
Old
Thanks Meter 27
It would be very nice if someone prepare transparent/semitransparent status bar for latest Aurora and share it with us. Also volume wake key sholud be upgraded to v2.09.

spirosbond
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It would be very nice if someone prepare transparent/semitransparent status bar for latest Aurora and share it with us. Also volume wake key sholud be upgraded to v2.09.
There are instructions on how to make semitrasparent status bar on the 1st page (posts 3,2). You need to modify the SystemUI.apk, so grab the mod you want (or stock SystemUI.apk), mod it and flash it. It's easy and worth trying
Since 2.07 there are no changes to android.policy.jar, framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk files, so all mods (including wake-up-with-volume-keys) work ok. I tested them. Flash the attached 2.07 version and you should be ok!

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to spirosbond For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RBwai
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirosbond View Post
There are instructions on how to make semitrasparent status bar on the 1st page (posts 3,2). You need to modify the SystemUI.apk, so grab the mod you want (or stock SystemUI.apk), mod it and flash it. It's easy and worth trying
Since 2.07 there are no changes to android.policy.jar, framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk files, so all mods (including wake-up-with-volume-keys) work ok. I tested them. Flash the attached 2.07 version and you should be ok!
Yes, I try to recompile SystemUI.apk, but without success. There must be a mistake, that I made, so if someone could upload that moded file, I would be very pleased.
And thanks for "wake volume key" info!

spirosbond
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes, I try to recompile SystemUI.apk, but without success. There must be a mistake, that I made, so if someone could upload that moded file, I would be very pleased.
And thanks for "wake volume key" info!
Tell me the process you are following. Are you installing framework-res.apk before decompiling? What errors does it print?

spirosbond
Old
(Last edited by spirosbond; 23rd April 2012 at 01:02 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 621

DONATE TO ME
New mod guide on 3rd post:

SystemUI.apk - bools.xml

The most useful thing is that it brings back the H (HSPA) icon on signal. I might include this mod in all my future SystemUI.apk releases if dzo doesn't implement it.

Cheers

EDIT: I found out what config_statusBarShowNumber does. Enable it and you will have something like this :

The Following User Says Thank You to spirosbond For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Filatov.p
Old
Thanks Meter 83
that line config_statusBarShowNumber is in bools.xml?

Mark98
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Hi all,

Question re: weird behaviour on APK files I've edited according to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...07&postcount=2

I use a couple of apps regularly and have tried modifying them to make the UI suit me a bit better. For what it's worth, one's a Twitter app and one's a keyboard.

I've used apktool to decompile them, edited certain res .xml files to change the interface and then compiled them again with apktool. I've then signed them using Sigare (obviously it's not signed using the original developers key, but a key that I've made)

I've then replaced the apk in data\app with my modified one.

The problem is that, while the new app works for a little white, after a while it just disappears from my app list. When I go to run it directly, I get a message that the app won't load.

TL;DR: apps I've modified work to start with and then don't. Anyone think of a reason?

spirosbond
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark98 View Post
Hi all,

Question re: weird behaviour on APK files I've edited according to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...07&postcount=2

I use a couple of apps regularly and have tried modifying them to make the UI suit me a bit better. For what it's worth, one's a Twitter app and one's a keyboard.

I've used apktool to decompile them, edited certain res .xml files to change the interface and then compiled them again with apktool. I've then signed them using Sigare (obviously it's not signed using the original developers key, but a key that I've made)

I've then replaced the apk in data\app with my modified one.

The problem is that, while the new app works for a little white, after a while it just disappears from my app list. When I go to run it directly, I get a message that the app won't load.

TL;DR: apps I've modified work to start with and then don't. Anyone think of a reason?
Maybe this is a "sign" issue. Try downloading the apkManager 4.3.1 from the 1st page and take from the others/ folder the files signapk.jar, testkey.x509.pem and testkey.pk8. These are responsible for signing the apk and are which I am using. Put them at your work dir and try this command (May vary on Windows, not sure):

Code:
java -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 yourunsignedapkhere theoutputfilehere
Hope you luck!
Cheers

spirosbond
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 621

DONATE TO ME
All links updated on the 1st post for 2.10.

Enjoy

Tags
ad-hoc, aurora mods, edit apk, ics mods, u8800