Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,686 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Evo 4g on virgin mobile

Tip us?

HEATsixteen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPandroid View Post
What I did was I found UncivilSage's ZIP file with all flashing tools for the EVO. I then copied files 0 and 1943 after doing open sesame door. I wrote the new MEID/ESN in those files. Now, it won't let you drag and drop back in (not for me at least) but what I did was right click > transfer item from PC > and chose them. That's how it worked for me. Right now, I'm in the process of trying to get my AAA Key from LGNPST, but it won't open for me -_-; says something about C:\Windows\system32\wnsdrvr.sys not found. Trying DFS next, while listening to some good ol' GWAR.

Edit: I loved my triumph. Only reason I decided to do this was A) I broke my triumph (dropped it 20 feet onto concrete :/) and B) I saw an EVO on Craigslist for 20 bucks XD

Oh, and I would make sure you are rooted first. Else you can't read/write from the root of the phone if I'm not mistaken. One more thing; Make sure you run QPST/QXDM in windows XP service pack 3 compatibility. That's what worked for me

Hey I had that same issue, the way to fix it is to copy and paste the LGNPST exe file in the zip folder into the LGNPST program files, and then run it.

MrPandroid
Old
(Last edited by MrPandroid; 22nd April 2012 at 09:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 265
I tried that; It failed for some odd reason. I'll give it another go, though!

Strange that it decided to work suddenly...Oh well, no complaints from me!

Edit: So, how do I get LGNPST to recognize the LS670 DLL file? I've tried just the basic drag and drop, and also tried making a Model folder, and a folder IN that saying VM670, and I tried LS670, neither worked. Any thoughts?

HEATsixteen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You have to install it through dos. You make a folder in the lgnpst folder, throw it in there and install it VIA DOS command. I forgot what the command was, but I found it on google.

UncivilSavage
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I tried that; It failed for some odd reason. I'll give it another go, though!

Strange that it decided to work suddenly...Oh well, no complaints from me!

Edit: So, how do I get LGNPST to recognize the LS670 DLL file? I've tried just the basic drag and drop, and also tried making a Model folder, and a folder IN that saying VM670, and I tried LS670, neither worked. Any thoughts?
Under the model folder in the lgnpst find Reggie then drag and drop the DLL file onto it just make sure to run Reggie in compatibility mode for windows XP sp3.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

MrPandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 265
I'll give that a go once I reboot my computer. Though I didn't see a Reggie.exe...weird

Sent from my VM670 using XDA
OV: IHO based ROM
Evo Shift: CM7 patched
Wildfire S: Retired
Triumph: MIUI (Dead)
LG Optimus Elite: retired
ZTE Warp: My ROM, retired.
HTC One V: MIUI

HEATsixteen
Old
(Last edited by HEATsixteen; 22nd April 2012 at 10:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I rooted the phone, and i tried the open sesame door method once again, this time putting my ESN and MEID in instead of just zeroing everything out. When i go into QXDM to try and check if it worked, it says error response received from target, so I reboot the phone, and the MEID and ESN are back to what they were before i changed them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	changed files.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	1019349   Click image for larger version

Name:	FAIL AGAIN.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1019350  

MrPandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Did you try to zero out 0 and 1943, and re-upload them with EFS? That's what I ended up doing, since QXDM never worked for me.

HEATsixteen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Did you try to zero out 0 and 1943, and re-upload them with EFS? That's what I ended up doing, since QXDM never worked for me.
Yeah, the same thing happens, the ESN stick and the meid reverts back when the phone is restarted

bcb1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help! No talk or text, error code 16, authentication code error

Hi All,

I've flashed two Evo's to Virgin so far. My daughter's went great, it's been working for a week now.

I flashed an Evo for my wife, it went fine, immediately got phone, text, and data working, no problems. But after a couple days, data still works but no talk or text. As soon as I try to make a call, I get an immediate "your authentication code could not be verified, please contact customer services"...error code 16.

Now I'm stuck and I don't know what to do. I've reflashed it about a hundred times, lol. I even changed the SPC code on the Evo to match the code on the donor Optimus. Nothing helps.

I'm a little nervous to call Virgin tech support. Is that the only option here? I understand that the error code 16 might be that the phone has been flagged for being a clone? Weird that data works fine but the phone service doesn't.

Help!

MrPandroid
Old
(Last edited by MrPandroid; 22nd April 2012 at 10:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 265
Heat: I'm really not sure at this point o_o; That's all I did to get it working...

I can't seem to get the .DLL file to work with LGNPST; I registered with reggie.exe, its run as an administrator and in compatibility mode. Say's registered successfully, yet nothing shows up under the information. I'm lost ._.;

bcb1: I had that same problem; I re-wrote all the MDN/MSID and it took care of the problem; I think I had made a typo somewhere.

Edit: Yeah, no matter what I seem to do with this, I can't get LGNPST to recognize the .dll file. x_x;

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe