Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 45,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

3250 mAh battery review (stock battery size)

Tip us?

beestee
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSofDOOM View Post
Short term feedback. What's the long term like? Crappy stats or maybe exploding on you? ...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Or not? Speculation works both ways bud.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 (StraightTalk)

DJsCrIBbLe
Old
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
I'm just saying you never know. Sure it works both ways. Except these are probably lipo battery's and are very dangerous compared to normal ones like OEM...

hp79
Old
(Last edited by hp79; 23rd April 2012 at 07:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSofDOOM View Post
I'm just saying you never know. Sure it works both ways. Except these are probably lipo battery's and are very dangerous compared to normal ones like OEM...

Li-Po is safer than Li-ion. But the OEM stock battery and Gold battery both are Li-ion. Li-Po is used for more customized shapes.

Here's my OEM battery test result. I used it up until I started seeing warning messages, then charged it all the way.
I think this software has a flaw on estimated capacity. I have to manually type in how much mAh I'm suppying, and it is guessing the capacity by calculating how long it takes to fully charge the battery. The best way to compare is probably to play a video side by side.

This is about a 1 week battery.

mpascal
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I just purchased a new White Galaxy Note to replace my old one. Fresh install of CM9 v3 and have done two full charge cycles on the new OEM battery. I've also purchased the Gold battery from eBay seller "voguestatus88" and should be receiving it on the 25th. Here is just a screenshot of my OEM battery. I will update as soon as I receive the Gold battery. I hope I get the legit one that some of you guys have ordered.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335136337444.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1019614  

chelseafcfan
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oc_masta View Post
Hi,
im going to place an order for the 3250mah battery today.

luckily, i have a brand new white galaxy note that i bought to replace my black one. felt i needed a change
that has a brand new 2500mah battery inside so i can continue to use my current black note while i use the white one for testing the 3250mah battery.

so in short, i will run a test with a NEW 3250mah battery vs NEW 2500mah battery, in the exact same condition, ill run with gsm off and wi-fi on, playing back a video file until it dies.

The ULTIMATE PROOF will be known soon
im not rooting for the gold battery either, since ive had bad experiences with cheap batteries, so if its ****, ill gladly say it and trust my instinct next time.
The ULTIMATE test
cant wait to see the result ...what more better way to compare a battery than to standing it side by side....

lucky you to have identical devices
The Following User Says Thank You to chelseafcfan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wesley29
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Here's my 2 cents...

If the great battery company Mugen can only fit 2650mAh into their higher capacity battery that still fits in the original casing, then there is no way a Chinese no name brand can put 3250mAh into one.

Standard battery already gets over 8 hours of video on a single charge based on my own findings and reviews from sites like Gsmarena or Engadet.

jackfei2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
What's the point of arguing, its 10 bucks with shipping try it out. I got my battery and the screen time for surfing the internet increased by roughly 1-2 hours out of the last 2 cycles compare to stock batteries. No heat issues so far.

Mugen battery is made in China just FYI, it's pretty amusing people think Mugen's build quality is that much better because of the pricing strategy.
The Following User Says Thank You to jackfei2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stevencyc
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfei2 View Post
What's the point of arguing, its 10 bucks with shipping try it out. I got my battery and the screen time for surfing the internet increased by roughly 1-2 hours out of the last 2 cycles compare to stock batteries. No heat issues so far.

Mugen battery is made in China just FYI, it's pretty amusing people think Mugen's build quality is that much better because of the pricing strategy.
+1

magickiller9
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo87 View Post
How about setting the Date and time to automatic so that it follows the network values?
Its on automatic. Just that it will get change evrtytime I take out the battery.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
Mobile history:
Nokia 2100,Samsung C5212, N73,N80, N85, N81, N95, N96,N97,N87, HTC Touch pro, Nokia 6500, Nokia 6800, HTC touch Diamond 2, LG Secret, Samsung Jet, Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Milestone xt720, HTC Desire, HTC Desire HD, Apple iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S 3.

KSauzeRK
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfei2 View Post
OK about mugen probably just rebranding batteries from generic (chinese) suppliers but I think wesley29 still has a point : if it's physically possible to do higher capacity battery, why do not well known companies like mugen sell it under their brand ?