Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

ICS Style Settings.apk For Gingerbread

OP -S.E.R.K.4.N-

22nd April 2012, 04:32 PM   |  #11  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 239

303 posts
Donate to Me
More
How do you install this on r800i'

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk Android
22nd April 2012, 08:22 PM   |  #12  
Flag Gdansk / Walcz (near Pila)
Thanks Meter: 175

1,008 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerosuit Connor

How do you install this on r800i'

There is two methods:
1. Flash it in recovery.
2. Unpack .zip file and copy settings.apk from /app folder to system/app folder on ur phone

!ALWAYS REMEMBER ABOUT BACKUP (WHOLE ROM OR .APK)!

I prefer second method.

Sent using r800i with DoomKernel v11 (1.21ghz)
22nd April 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #13  
Flag Ashville, OH
Thanks Meter: 66

439 posts
More
I've used a rom on my old phone that had a lot of FC issues that were in the settings so I'm really patient with this, most of it works. It's anything that involves a slider actually. Volume, brightness, and also when I click "More" under network settings. But I always have triggers on my Launcher so I barely go on the settings menu. I'm using the R800x.
3rd May 2012, 06:32 PM   |  #14  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 170

471 posts
More
I modified iiandskater's Settings.apk to fix some icons that bothered me. I removed the duplicate location & security setting and replaced some ixons with Xperia S style ones.

This is not CWM flashable, if someone feels like making a flashable .zip please do Otherwise just adb push or replace with Root Explorer and set correct permissions.

The SemsSettings.apk is included to fix the alignment and icon to suite the overall style. Enjoy!

Attached Files
File Type: rar ICS_Settings.rar - [Click for QR Code] (2.81 MB, 891 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to igor_anta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2012, 11:30 PM   |  #15  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 3,314

1,403 posts
Donate to Me
More
woow I like this! is there any way to add the button switch ics have?
3rd May 2012, 11:49 PM   |  #16  
Flag Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Thanks Meter: 1,517

3,598 posts
More
Still force closes when I select "More" under wireless, just a heads up. Thank you though
4th May 2012, 01:07 AM   |  #17  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 170

471 posts
More
Might be cause you're running a CDMA version of the phone :S This is the same Setting.apk as the one from the thread in the OP, just modified to look nicer.

I'll post my version in the original thread and point out that it still produces FC's on some devices (probably CDMA only).
7th May 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #18  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 80

414 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_anta

I modified iiandskater's Settings.apk to fix some icons that bothered me. I removed the duplicate location & security setting and replaced some ixons with Xperia S style ones.

This is not CWM flashable, if someone feels like making a flashable .zip please do Otherwise just adb push or replace with Root Explorer and set correct permissions.

The SemsSettings.apk is included to fix the alignment and icon to suite the overall style. Enjoy!

Works great and looks great too!
Any chance of making translations to portuguese? I can tell you what to write but I don't know how to change it myself
Thanks
9th May 2012, 02:47 AM   |  #19  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 59

170 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_anta

works great on my xplay 2.3.4 .42. thank you for this mod. now I can access wifi connection faster.
10th May 2012, 10:58 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 0

61 posts
Thanks! It worked for icons but settings's background still the same... How do I change it?

Sent from my R800i using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread