Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,776 Members 53,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][ICS] Devil2_0.94 [24/05/12] - i9000 and i9000B

Tip us?

jelle2503
Old
(Last edited by jelle2503; 22nd April 2012 at 09:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 275
Thanks for test kernel. Does new devil idle require bluetooth to be killed by script?

Edit. Nvm its independant

MetalPainis
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Maybe, but even without that it runs pretty decent on stock settings with conservative gov. Very slow drain from what I can see until now. Can't wait to see or hear if I still get problems with extremely ugly noises while listening to music. Gonna try tomorrow.
> Feel free to give me a if I could help you <
-------------

[m y - c o n f i g u r a t i o n :]

GT-I9000 - [KK][4.4.4][CM11] @ Semaphore 3.4.3 - Modem: XXJVT
Battery: 1800 mAh - Theme: stock - Launcher: stock

Nexus7 [2012] - [KK][KTU84P][4.4.4][ParanoidAndroid 4.43] @ M-Kernel a69

GT-i9505 - [KK][KTU84Q][4.4.4][CM11 - Nightlies] @ Alucard-Kernel V1.3d (4.4 AOSP V2) + PhilZ Touch 6.57.5
Modem: UFNC9 - [Mods:] Faux Sound - Viper4Android v2.3.3.0

slaid480
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,902

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Great Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerTeufel1980 View Post
here is coming an new test kernel, with first parts of my new idle.

i also have done some dirty copy+paste with the nstools source code, to make it more useable. PLEASE! don't report any problems with this nstools release to the developer of the original one. i already know, that i have removed the deep idle statistics by fault

when one enables the devil idle automatic, the divider for bus freq is changend, to limit bus freq, ram and gpu freq to 100 mhz, as soon as the display turns off.

this affects 200, 400 and 800 mhz freq step. 100 is already running at 100 mhz bus freq by default.

because of the lower freq., the int voltages for the affected freq are lowered by 50 mv automatically.

when the screen turns on again, all freq and voltages are set back to the values they were at beginning.

the permanet one does the same, but it is always applied, untill it is unticked (for extreme power saving )

with the modded nstools you also can set the new governor features of my last 0.72 kernel

Code:
kernel: http://www.fileuploadx.de/490016
nstools: http://www.fileuploadx.de/696569
Wow,Tested this Kernel Test Version It Look's Like one of the Best Battery savers Kernel Ever;
continue your Great work with Test Kernels Version, you Rock!!
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-900F Android 4.4.4
Google nexus 4 E960 Android 4.4.4

“The computer is incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Man is unbelievably slow, inaccurate, and brilliant. The marriage of the two is a force beyond calculation.”

Do you want your phone to Fly?do you want to Feel the Smoothness?....Try Fly-On Mod

Follow Me On Twitter Google+ GitHub

CMiles1979
Old
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcho View Post
Running new test version for few hours.
Conservative governor.I will try to play with this kernel for few days.
I like the idea with devil nstool this kernel needs app for it self.
Baterry drop really slow after flashing this kernel.
So far so good.
Don't forget to post your settings so I can copy them. Also installed latest kernel and NSTools.
My settings
noop, conservative, max CPU frequentie 1400, automatic devil idle on, permanent devil idle is off, deep idle on,... That's it.

★ De wereld van @CMiles1979 ★ GT-I9000 ★ Tapatalk ★ Hit THANKS if my post is useful ★
★ De wereld van @CMiles1979GT-I9305 Hit Thanks if my post helped you

Chris_84
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,004
Using your test kernel with ns tools app on aokp 33. Really great. Phone aint get hot with live oc. And battery life will test it next days. My config for now is sheduler vr govener on demand and live oc to 110% with maximum 1320 mhz and also i do a little undervolt. Thx devil! Gruß aus Ingolstadt :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris_84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DerTeufel1980
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 22,343

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_84 View Post
Using your test kernel with ns tools app on aokp 33. Really great. Phone aint get hot with live oc. And battery life will test it next days. My config for now is sheduler vr govener on demand and live oc to 110% with maximum 1320 mhz and also i do a little undervolt. Thx devil! Gruß aus Ingolstadt :)

next release will set live_oc to 100 while screen off...who needs overclocking while the phone not using?
If you like my work, please donate to me

www.hellybean.com - Here you can find my rom and all my kernels

All my source (kernel, recovery, rom) can be found here:
https://github.com/DerTeufel
https://github.com/Hellybean
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DerTeufel1980 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UltrasFrankfurt
Old
Thanks Meter 86
@ DerTeufel how are your cm7 Kernels

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk

Chris_84
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,004
Quote:
next release will set live_oc to 100 while screen off...who needs overclocking while the phone not using?
He he you right. Sounds awesome btw. Before i forget using your automatic deep idle also. To get your deep idle did we must enable default ns idle too? Or is it enough to enable yours?

DerTeufel1980
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 22,343

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_84 View Post
He he you right. Sounds awesome btw. Before i forget using your automatic deep idle also. To get your deep idle did we must enable default ns idle too? Or is it enough to enable yours?

you don't have to do anything. just enable it. it works completely different than the other idle. and you are only getting benefits of it, while the phone is not in deep idle or deep sleep.
If you like my work, please donate to me

www.hellybean.com - Here you can find my rom and all my kernels

All my source (kernel, recovery, rom) can be found here:
https://github.com/DerTeufel
https://github.com/Hellybean
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DerTeufel1980 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chris_84
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,004
Quote:
you don't have to do anything. just enable it. it works completely different than the other idle. and you are only getting benefits of it, while the phone is not in deep idle or deep sleep.
Thx man for answer! Now i'm a little bit smarter :)

Tags
devil2, kernel