Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 40,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-off is Official!!! With Instructions...

Tip us?

slygeist
Old
Thanks Meter 9
[QUOTE=Marine6680;25183254]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slygeist View Post

Reformate your sdcard and try again... maybe reboot phone and PC if that doesn't help.
tried both already. this sucks

Hotweelz66
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Anyone else run into this:

======== ControlBear version 0.1 for JuopunutBear S-OFF ==========
Starting up......
Waiting device
Program requires root, sorry.
Quit....
Press ENTER to exit.....

I've tried many different things that were suggested and things that I read other people tried. I'm unlocked, rooted, have amon ra recovery and running stock. I have restarted computer, reinstalled JuopunutBear and htc drivers. Made sure I unzipped JuopunutBear where adb/fastboot is located. Kind of at a loss at what to try next. Any suggestions.

Also wanted to thank everyone helping solve these issues. Many of whom have been doing it for hours and hours.

tbogs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAU420 View Post
I'm going to have a beer if I get this done soon!!!! Sick of no beer for you S-off failed.......
I ran into this problem as well. Here is what I did to get the program to work again:

1. Reformat SD Card.
2. reinstall recovery - Amon Ra using adb.
3. Wipe in recovery (like you would when installing a Rom)
4. Flash your current Rom that is on your phone. Make sure you also flash the boot image.
5. Once your phone is back up and running, retry the process for S-off. If you fail, redo the above steps.

Note: This worked for me. Hopefully this will help.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

maxearing
Old
Thanks Meter 11
i didnt work for me so i tried .2 and i get this

======== ControlBear version 0.2 for JuopunutBear S-OFF ==========
Starting up......
Backing up......
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
Transferring backups....
Backup FAILED!!
Exiting!!
Press ENTER to exit.....

Marine6680
Old
(Last edited by Marine6680; 22nd April 2012 at 10:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by siulmagic View Post
posting here as my last resort, maybe one of know something i dont.

IV successfully s-off my rezound, no errors nothing, i got on my first try, now after i rebooted my phone it got stuck on the withe htc screen, then i said ok im guessing after flashing the hboot, like always all parttion's get formatted, so i proceeded to reflash my recovery and my lernel. and to my suprise my device is still stuck in the white htc logo screen, and im sure its nto supposed to do that, iv flahsed my boot.img countless of times, and i know for a fact that when i run "fastboot reboot" its supposed to got o a black screen then show the white htc logo, so far and so forth, but in my case it will just reboot to the white htc logo screen and stay there. yes i have formatted my boot partition and my recovery partition, and reflashed them both, but still getting stuck in the white htc screen, i also when ahead and reunlocked my device, still nothing, getting stuck in the white htc logo screen.

i dont know why this is happening to me of all people but yea. if i get no answer here, il ruu my phone and try again, nothing else i can do.
If you can get to hboot... reflash your recovery again and then try booting into recovery. Then reflash your entire ROM from scratch.

For those with problems...

Some have suggested CWM recovery does not like this exploit and preventing it from working. They switched to Amon RA and it worked...

Switch to Amon RA recovery before starting this exploit guys.

I am on Amon RA and had zero issues.

Also if you keep having issues... you may need to start fresh... Boot into recovery (you may need to reflash your recovery if it will not boot into it) wipe everything (factory reset/wipe system/data and both cache) then reinstall your ROM from scratch. (including the kernel/boot.img) Reboot phone, ensure settings in the developer menu are correct (usb debugging) and start the exploit again.
Nexus 5

Past Devices:
G1 -- Nexus One -- MT4G -- Rezound -- Galaxy Nexus -- Note 2 -- iPhone5 (MEH) -- Note 2 (again) -- Galaxy S4

drkow19
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Default No beer for bear tonight!

If you run the program as an admin, and immediately see "No beer for bear tonight" you need to go to recovery, wipe all, and reinstall a ROM, this worked for me. Then I got S-Off first try.

siulmagic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,513

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine6680 View Post
If you can get to hboot... reflash your recovery again and then try booting into recovery. Then reflash your entire ROM from scratch.

For those with problems...

Some have suggested CWM recovery does not like this exploit and preventing it from working. Switch to Amon RA recovery before starting this exploit guys.

I am on Amon RA and had zero issues.
as i said on my post, yes i did re flash my recovery, iv always been on amonra recovery, and yes i can get to bootloader just fine, the phone will just not boot, ether to recovery or to android.

Follow me on twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/siulmagic

Device:LG ls970(aka LG Optimus G)HTC Vision, HTC Vigor(aka Rezound)
Developer of Android-Maisters Team
My Work
Aosp KitKat 4.4 LS970
MIUI 3.7.12 JB LS970

IRC #Android-Maisters

Donate

Marine6680
Old
(Last edited by Marine6680; 22nd April 2012 at 10:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by siulmagic View Post
as i said on my post, yes i did re flash my recovery, iv always been on amonra recovery, and yes i can get to bootloader just fine, the phone will just not boot, ether to recovery or to android.
Try reflashing recovery again... it boils down to getting a good recovery then booting into it.

If you can get to hboot you can fix it.

You are S=Off right? You should be able to flash anything with s=off and proper commands. It could be issues with ADB not flashing the recovery for some reason.
Nexus 5

Past Devices:
G1 -- Nexus One -- MT4G -- Rezound -- Galaxy Nexus -- Note 2 -- iPhone5 (MEH) -- Note 2 (again) -- Galaxy S4

siulmagic
Old
(Last edited by siulmagic; 22nd April 2012 at 10:45 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,513

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine6680 View Post
Try reflashing recovery again... it boils down to getting a good recovery then booting into it.

If you can get to hboot you can fix it.

You are S=Off right? If so, then it could be issues with ADB not flashing the recovery for some reason.
yes iv flashed the recovery like 5 times already. yes i am s-off, going to try make another copy of adb and flash it form there.

edit: something is wrong here, im noticing the device does not reboot after i hit recovery on fastboot, it just shows the htc white screen. something is not right here

Follow me on twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/siulmagic

Device:LG ls970(aka LG Optimus G)HTC Vision, HTC Vigor(aka Rezound)
Developer of Android-Maisters Team
My Work
Aosp KitKat 4.4 LS970
MIUI 3.7.12 JB LS970

IRC #Android-Maisters

Donate

numbroino21
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxearing View Post
i didnt work for me so i tried .2 and i get this

======== ControlBear version 0.2 for JuopunutBear S-OFF ==========
Starting up......
Backing up......
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
Transferring backups....
Backup FAILED!!
Exiting!!
Press ENTER to exit.....
I'm having the same issue.
I've rebooted my phone and pc, formatted/tried three sd cards. I have the three files in my fastboot folder. I have flashed my Rom(rezrom 3.4) and recovery. And have had no luck, still getting the same error. Has anyone found a work around? Or does anyone see that I'm doing something wrong? Thanks in advance

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2