Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 39,815 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ATT Inspire to Tmobile - will 4g work?

Tip us?

Djspinister
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] ATT Inspire to Tmobile - will 4g work?

My friend got an HTC Inspire and then his dad changed them over to tmobile while he wasn't looking. He is only getting 2G speeds on the data side of the Inspire, is it at all possible for him to see 4g speeds on the Inspire by flashing something? Been trying to find out if it is possible or not. Apologies if this is an obvious answer.
PHONE: SGS 5
ROOT: No, doubt it will happen
ROM: N/A
Quote:
I just wanted to know if there was an ETA on when your going to stop asking about a fk'in ETA?
IF I HELPED YOU IN ANYWAY, PLEASE CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON!

Darunion
Old
Thanks Meter 881
this has been covered a 100times and even mentioned on tmobiles website. you can only get 2g because of the frequency bands.
Let me google that for you -The best way to help someone and also tell them they are lazy at the same time.

Trolls are like stray cats, if you stop feeding them, eventually they move on.

Answer a users question, he's smart for a day. Teach a user how to research his own questions, he's smart for a lifetime!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darunion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shugga101
Old
Thanks Meter 83
derp 10chars
Devices:
HTC Inspire 4G with ICS (no longer using)
Samsung Galaxy S 3 I747 (in use) AOKP (Jellybean) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1766684

Carrier:
ATT

dennis5pia
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djspinister View Post
My friend got an HTC Inspire and then his dad changed them over to tmobile while he wasn't looking. He is only getting 2G speeds on the data side of the Inspire, is it at all possible for him to see 4g speeds on the Inspire by flashing something? Been trying to find out if it is possible or not. Apologies if this is an obvious answer.
As Darunion said itīs because of the 3G bands. T-mobile and AT&T 3G bands are not the same, so T-Mobile 3G phones wonīt get 3G on AT&T network and vice versa.