Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 48,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity Thread

Tip us?

QuiXilver
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I contacted Incredible Connection here in SA and I got an email from someone there saying that it will be here in late July.

Whether that was him being on the safe side I don't know.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that know binary and those that don't.

demandarin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiXilver View Post
I contacted Incredible Connection here in SA and I got an email from someone there saying that it will be here in late July.

Whether that was him being on the safe side I don't know.
that fits well with my earlier predictions. june/july for overseas release. even later for u.s. release. that's if it even comes to u.s.

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

gunner1937
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by demandarin View Post
no. its only releasing overseas for the time being. if it does come to the u.s., itll be at least a month or 2 later.
If you have a logical mind and if you also think thoroughly, you will be ready to bet that the Infinity 700 will be released before the Olympic Games the coming summer in the UK. The reasons are that first Acer, the competition, has already nicknamed its Iconia 700 "Olympic Edition" bound to be released way before the Games, and second this is the Olympic Games and in Europe from the Atlantic to the Ural mountains it means something

Now, Kid, go back to your toys
Google G1 - CM -7.2.0-DS
Google Nexus One - unlock - KK 4.4.1 evervolv
Nexus One - stock (hers)
Google Galaxy Nexus - Stock JB 4.3 - unlock - root
Nexus 7 - Stock JB 4.3 (hers)
Nexus 10 - Stock KK 4.4.2 - unlock - root
Nexus 4 - stock KK 4.4.2 (hers)
Nexus 5 - unlock - Stock KK 4.4.2
Google Glass

kidio007
Old
Thanks Meter 4
According to AnandTech, both the TF201 and the TF300T screens have 39% Abobe RGB color gamut. Do you guys think the TF700 will get the same CG, or do you think they will give it a little color boost to maybe 45%, to atleast get it up with the ipad 2 and regular cheap 1366x768 laptop screens?

dknotty
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ualdriver View Post
Did you guys see that the Transformer TF 300 is available for preorder at Amazon right now for $479? It supposedly ships tomorrow (Sunday). Makes the A510 vs. Transformer decision that much more difficult. It looks like they both have pretty similar specs with the Transformer being a little lighter and thinner than the Acer.

It is weird that I can't find it at any other retailers except a few Amazon vendors. Not even Amazon itself seems to have it.
Android tablets really do seem to be out-pricing themselves compared to the iPad. At the moment they do seem to be lower spec yet higher price. The only thing they have got going is that they are not Apple and the expandable memory.

sontin
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknotty View Post
Android tablets really do seem to be out-pricing themselves compared to the iPad. At the moment they do seem to be lower spec yet higher price. The only thing they have got going is that they are not Apple and the expandable memory.
Why are they overpriced when they have more features?

Oh wait, it's not from apple so it must be overpriced...

dknotty
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sontin View Post
Why are they overpriced when they have more features?

Oh wait, it's not from apple so it must be overpriced...
In terms of features, the biggest plus many Android tablets have is that they have a micro SD. In terms of display (which IMO is perhaps the most important 'feature' of a tablet) many, including the upcoming Samsung Tablets, are behind the current iPad.

sontin
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknotty View Post
In terms of features, the biggest plus many Android tablets have is that they have a micro SD. In terms of display (which IMO is perhaps the most important 'feature' of a tablet) many, including the upcoming Samsung Tablets, are behind the current iPad.
The Display of the prime is much brighter, much darker and has a much better contrast. It's not only resolution.

And yes, MicroSD, HDMI, Android and Tegra 3 (CPU, Videodecoding) are + points.
But people buying an iPad because it's from apple. So we why don't need to talk about overpriced.

Seraphious
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Transformer Prime wins hands down in my book and I tested the "New Ipad" in a bestbuy store its not all its cracked up to be

Arun01
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I'm sticking with the prime until windows 8 tablets come out.