Recognized Developer
Flag Saint Louis, Mizzou
Thanks Meter: 6,523

7,006 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyFiggz27

nice!!! glad to see that ur working on it. from all the forums i've looked through where people debate over the best ics roms (cm9 vs. aokp vs. gummy), it seems pretty universal that gummy is regarded as the most stable and had either better or just as good battery life as aokp. all i know is my gf has been running it for over a week and she is the pickiest person ever, but loves it. it just WORKS and it truly FLIES compared to every other rom ive installed on her phone, gb or ics. i even underclocked her droid global from 1.2ghz to 1ghz and its STILL faster than it's ever been on 1.2ghz, and obviously even better battery life. so to say the least, i can't wait to get this baby hooked up. ill keep posted and test as soon as u put up a link. i'll also try to get a few gummy themes working for us. once it's up and running, we should really try to get into that gummy forum on rootzwiki i posted a link to in the OP...

are u building 1.0.1 or 1.0.2?

I built from their most recent sources, so most likely 1.0.2. It boots and almost everything works. Though, I don't see the WiMax toggle. And also, virtual keyboard and rotation do not work. Virtual Kb and rotation should be fixed in the next five minutes though, so I should be able to release this soon. Then probably codename android since I hear that's good.
22nd April 2012, 10:06 PM   |  #32  
Recognized Developer
Flag in a box
Thanks Meter: 4,622

6,129 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj

I built from their most recent sources, so most likely 1.0.2. It boots and almost everything works. Though, I don't see the WiMax toggle. And also, virtual keyboard and rotation do not work. Virtual Kb and rotation should be fixed in the next five minutes though, so I should be able to release this soon. Then probably codename android since I hear that's good.

Just find the gerrit patch for keyboard and cherry-pick it

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 10:10 PM   |  #33  
Recognized Developer
Flag Saint Louis, Mizzou

7,006 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusant

Just find the gerrit patch for keyboard and cherry-pick it

I know. That's what I'm doing.
22nd April 2012, 10:15 PM   |  #34  
Recognized Developer
Flag in a box

6,129 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I know. That's what I'm doing.

Gerrit is even nice enough to put up the exact thing to type in to cherry pick

22nd April 2012, 10:27 PM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 211

852 posts
More
Quote:

it's like there's a higher power that just doesn't want us having wimax toggle on an ics rom. wtf. that's weird. i know the droid2global build has it if theres any way u can jack it from there.
22nd April 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #36  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 252

1,139 posts
More
Quote:

The kanging that people are doing with taking the libs and bin files frim cm9 is not open source at all...

How is this so? I know very little beyond the basics of the GPL, but I thought that all OS features of Android were open source, except for specific drivers built by manufacturers, and even if these are written by others, they then fell under open source licenses. What GPL (or equivalent/alternative) spells out what can just be taken to use as I wish, and what requires permission, outside of the base source code Samsung holds as its own stuff? I thought everything outside that, was free use?

The best I could come up with, was the default icons and wallpapers and such being "proprietary"....???

Quote:

Why not actually port it from source?

Heh, that's easy....., one is a very easy, little learning required process, that can be done by those with interest, but little time or skill, while the other takes time, skill, and understanding, and that is something people sometimes are unable to develop for one reason or another

Heck, I can copy/paste to get what I like, but to build from source... doubtful... not without some basic learning, and then it would still be a few tries...
Last edited by DCRocks; 22nd April 2012 at 10:53 PM.
22nd April 2012, 10:50 PM   |  #37  
Recognized Developer
Flag in a box

6,129 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRocks

How is this so? I know very little beyond the basics of the GPL, but I thought that all OS features of Android were open source, except for specific drivers built by manufacturers, and even if these are written by others, they then fell under open source licenses. What GPL (or equivalent/alternative) spells out what can just be taken to use as I wish, and what requires permission?

Heh, that's easy....., one is a very easy, little learning process, that can be done by those with interest, but little time/skill, and the other takes, time, skill, and understanding, that some people just are unable to develop for one reason or another

Heck, I can copy/paste to get what I like, but to build from source... doubtful... not without some basic learning, and then it would still be a few tries...

Building from source is easier sometimes

22nd April 2012, 10:56 PM   |  #38  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 211

852 posts
More
here's some gummy themes i half-ass ported. got a blue, red, and green. just putting them up now since i got everything right in front of me. obviously not tested yet, but should work:

RED:
theme - http://d-h.st/0EU
red gapps - http://www.mediafire.com/?t1i3dp0a0b62d4n

GREEN:
theme - http://d-h.st/0RQ
green gapps - http://www.mediafire.com/?lva67qhyvmopxfn

COBALT/BLUE:
theme - http://d-h.st/3nl
blue inverted gapps - http://d-h.st/Cjc (gotta flash this one over stock gapps20120317.zip)

just preparing lol.
Last edited by FrankyFiggz27; 22nd April 2012 at 11:37 PM.
22nd April 2012, 10:58 PM   |  #39  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 252

1,139 posts
More
Quote:

Perhaps, depends one where you knowledge base is.

One of the reasons I rarely posted any files up, is I was so unclear over what I could and could not use and/or alter.

And it seemed that it was all good most of the time, but every now and then, it would blow up beyond expectation, over issues I never seemed to be able to get a handle on...

I mean, after all, if someone had asked me, I would have thought (picking a ROM at random) the CM9 zip file I downloaded could be altered by me as I wished, and posted up as I wished, as long as I did it for free.

But somehow, I am not sure where/why, I know this to not be the case... that would be considered "wrong",. but... kinda why I have stuck to providing help rather than software
Last edited by DCRocks; 22nd April 2012 at 11:08 PM.
23rd April 2012, 12:24 AM   |  #40  
Recognized Developer
Flag Saint Louis, Mizzou

7,006 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Definitely. You just make the manifests use epic device repos and modify the vendor to build with epicmtd files. Gummy is almost complete other than the fact that the menu and search buttons do not work

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread