Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more
Post Reply

best baseband ? share your opinions !!

OP aaki_rocker

21st April 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #1  
aaki_rocker's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 330
 
1,636 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
which is the best baseband for thrill 4g with respect to battery life !!

i know answers would be different but i would still like to hear ya'll out !

thanks...
22nd April 2012, 01:46 AM   |  #2  
xstokerx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 112
 
839 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
You know what I think the only thing that baseband effects is the reception and data I think all the gingerbread bbs are the same on battery I'm on v20c with rogers not ghost calls not missed messages and I think the rom and kernal have the most to do with battery life I'm on acidhasard kitchen rom and I can get close to 48 hours on a battery with texting and light internet use.
The Following User Says Thank You to xstokerx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 02:43 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstokerx

You know what I think the only thing that baseband effects is the reception and data I think all the gingerbread bbs are the same on battery I'm on v20c with rogers not ghost calls not missed messages and I think the rom and kernal have the most to do with battery life I'm on acidhasard kitchen rom and I can get close to 48 hours on a battery with texting and light internet use.

Yea its true that bb only affects the reception but if your not getting good reception that means your phone is constantly searching for signal which translates to worse battery life. So I would advise you to check what frequency att is using in your area and use the bb that best works on that :)

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to AeRo0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 03:38 AM   |  #4  
xstokerx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 112
 
839 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeRo0

Yea its true that bb only affects the reception but if your not getting good reception that means your phone is constantly searching for signal which translates to worse battery life. So I would advise you to check what frequency att is using in your area and use the bb that best works on that :)

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

Ya I didn't think of it that way good point so the v20p or v20c for att cuz I think they use the same fequances
O I just noticed your in mumbai so you'll have to find out what frequency your carrir uses and find the kdz that matches that the closest
Last edited by xstokerx; 22nd April 2012 at 03:43 AM.
22nd April 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #5  
aaki_rocker's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 330
 
1,636 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstokerx

Ya I didn't think of it that way good point so the v20p or v20c for att cuz I think they use the same fequances
O I just noticed your in mumbai so you'll have to find out what frequency your carrir uses and find the kdz that matches that the closest

yeap !
the main reason i asked about the baseband is because i use an at&t unlocked thrill in mumbai (india) !

there is no network issue over here !
no ghost calls or messages !
even voicemail works superfine !

i flashed the v21d last night. the device has been on since past 15 hrs and i have lost only 40% with moderate usage !

what are your battery readings ?

thanks...
22nd April 2012, 11:07 PM   |  #6  
xstokerx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 112
 
839 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
well i ushally get 12 to 48 hours of use depends how much im on it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
thrill, thrill 4g
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes