Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 38,984 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ZIP][CM7] Nook Color SDcard and emmc swap!

Tip us?

bornagainpenguin
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateorod View Post
Umm..the OP hasn't posted to this thread in almost a year? I wouldn't count on any
pdates. This got merged into CM7 quite a while ago. I would guess someone will roll it into CM9 at one point.

With these old threads, you're kind of just taking a flyer and hoping it works. Like the person three posts above you did three or four months ago.
Well the thing is, it had been working just fine in CM9 for the last few times I'd played with it (CM9) but this last time I've had some issues so I was wondering if something had changed in CM9 that might require an update and posted here in hopes of maybe some of the people involved with the original flashable zip might be enticed out of the woodwork.

I am aware this has been rolled into CM7, that's where I first discovered the ability to do this and in a thread related to that discovered this one when I started trying to make CM9 work for me.

But yeah, it was working fine before IIRC, so I'm trying to see whether something has changed recently--I wouldn't be asking about it if had never worked for me before.

--bornagainpenguin

viogrep
Old
(Last edited by viogrep; 21st April 2012 at 11:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin View Post
Well the thing is, it had been working just fine in CM9 for the last few times I'd played with it (CM9) but this last time I've had some issues so I was wondering if something had changed in CM9 that might require an update and posted here in hopes of maybe some of the people involved with the original flashable zip might be enticed out of the woodwork.

I am aware this has been rolled into CM7, that's where I first discovered the ability to do this and in a thread related to that discovered this one when I started trying to make CM9 work for me.

But yeah, it was working fine before IIRC, so I'm trying to see whether something has changed recently--I wouldn't be asking about it if had never worked for me before.

--bornagainpenguin
Just passing though. Here is a thread to tell you how to repartition the nook to use all that free space for apps and whatnot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1094371

I flashed option A. I then chose the option in CM9 to use internal storage for apps and media. This option made CM9 remap the free memory(what was on /mnt/emmc) to /mnt/sdcard ...voila, 5gb for media usage.

This flash will also allow you to choose that option in cm7 settings->application to do that same thing there.

So in reality... just use that. It does the same thing. you just dont have to reflash it every new rom. As the partitions stay the same forever(or you change them back). (clockwork mod recovery still sees /mnt/sdcard as the REAL sdcard, same as this flash. so all flashing needs to be done with an actual card)
The Following User Says Thank You to viogrep For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bornagainpenguin
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by viogrep View Post
Just passing though. Here is a thread to tell you how to repartition the nook to use all that free space for apps and whatnot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1094371

I flashed option A. I then chose the option in CM9 to use internal storage for apps and media. This option made CM9 remap the free memory(what was on /mnt/emmc) to /mnt/sdcard ...voila, 5gb for media usage.

This flash will also allow you to choose that option in cm7 settings->application to do that same thing there.
Actually I already did that following Mr72's CM7 guide, when I was mostly using CM7. That's why I knew something like this was possible and went hunting for the types of zips mentioned in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viogrep View Post
So in reality... just use that. It does the same thing. you just dont have to reflash it every new rom. As the partitions stay the same forever(or you change them back). (clockwork mod recovery still sees /mnt/sdcard as the REAL sdcard, same as this flash. so all flashing needs to be done with an actual card)
I looked for that menu when I started using CM9 and when I failed to find it, I just assumed it hadn't been added yet, like so many other things that were listed as stubs. After seeing your comments I reflashed everything and poked around until I came across the menu in CM9 that I'd already been using in CM7. I'm still getting used to the way everything is menued differently in ICS. Sorry for wasting everyone's time here.

I definitely appreciate the help though!

mateorod
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,511

DONATE TO ME
Settings/storage/menu/storage configuration/use internal storage.

Lets you use emmc as sdcard.
The Following User Says Thank You to mateorod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bornagainpenguin
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Yeah, I found it. Thanks!

I can't believe I missed it earlier....

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

MISRy
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateorod View Post
Settings/storage/menu/storage configuration/use internal storage....
Don't forget to set it back. I pulled my hair out for a week before I figured out where my 16G card went.
Hisense Sero 7 Pro
XE-Sero7ROM US (w/ TabletUI) v. [P756.6.02.11.00]
The Following User Says Thank You to MISRy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]