FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Does anyone know of a finger print resistant screen protector for the touch pad?

179 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By fishhelmet, Senior Member on 19th April 2012, 07:43 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I've been looking all over the internet and I've been unable to find anything that looks like it would keep my greasy ass hands from messing up my touchpad screen. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Sent from my HP TouchDroid

19th April 2012, 08:06 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,640

More
I would like to know too. I hate having to use my shirt to scrub the screen clean. lol. But I'm sure ANY screen protector is better than having none.
19th April 2012, 08:33 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I've read that rainx works for what you are trying to do.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
19th April 2012, 08:44 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,640

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtomaso

I've read that rainx works for what you are trying to do.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Just looked that up. I dont know if I'm comfortable with putting that stuff on my TouchPad. Even though others have said it works well.
19th April 2012, 09:37 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Yeah I was looking for something more like the matte plastic skin I have on my razr

Rootin' and fastbootin' on my Droid razr
20th April 2012, 01:00 PM |#6  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 977

Donate to Me
More
Zagg Skinomi BodyArmorz,
20th April 2012, 07:21 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdzo72

Zagg Skinomi BodyArmorz,

I was about to suggest military shield, but I think I'm going to try skinomi because its half the price with decent reviews (via amazon). I have the military shield on my phone screen, and it is freaking awesome. Crystal clear, NEVER scratches so it seems, fairly resistant to fingerprints, and it has a nice, natural feel to it. Zagg on my cousins vibrant felt waaaaaay too sticky/tacky. Just not natural at all. Will let y'all know when I order/test the skinomi protector.
22nd April 2012, 03:57 PM |#8  
Flag Frederick
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dung8604

I was about to suggest military shield, but I think I'm going to try skinomi because its half the price with decent reviews (via amazon). I have the military shield on my phone screen, and it is freaking awesome. Crystal clear, NEVER scratches so it seems, fairly resistant to fingerprints, and it has a nice, natural feel to it. Zagg on my cousins vibrant felt waaaaaay too sticky/tacky. Just not natural at all. Will let y'all know when I order/test the skinomi protector.

Skinomi is the same tacky crap as zagg.
22nd April 2012, 11:27 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Thumbs up
I find just getting any "Matte" screen protector works wonders. It scatters light, and doesn't seem to attract fingerprints the way those other shiny guards do. I got one on Ebay for $3. Just type in Matte screen protector touchpad for a cheap solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sw339 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 05:33 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 547

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sw339

I find just getting any "Matte" screen protector works wonders. It scatters light, and doesn't seem to attract fingerprints the way those other shiny guards do. I got one on Ebay for $3. Just type in Matte screen protector touchpad for a cheap solution.

Any tips on best approach to apply these where you get no bubbles and it lines up right? I suck at doing these for phones.
26th April 2012, 03:46 PM |#11  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 19

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by famewolf

Any tips on best approach to apply these where you get no bubbles and it lines up right? I suck at doing these for phones.

Well its pretty easy, you just need a sticky tape and a good eye.
You need to do it in a clean room, and obviously you need to clean the screen first.
If you failed at the first attempt, just peel off and try again, no harm on doing that.
The easiest way to align it is to aim for the camera hole and the home button, just make sure they are centered when u aim it.
If you have bubbles after application, this is most probably caused by dust (or just bad quality screen protector) if it is a dust, just use the sticky tape to remove the dust. The sticky tape will not leave any mark on your screen nor the screen protector.

Hope this tips will help
The Following User Says Thank You to wpra3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread