Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,458 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does anyone know of a finger print resistant screen protector for the touch pad?

Tip us?

fishhelmet
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default Does anyone know of a finger print resistant screen protector for the touch pad?

I've been looking all over the internet and I've been unable to find anything that looks like it would keep my greasy ass hands from messing up my touchpad screen. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Sent from my HP TouchDroid

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1,398
I would like to know too. I hate having to use my shirt to scrub the screen clean. lol. But I'm sure ANY screen protector is better than having none.

mrtomaso
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I've read that rainx works for what you are trying to do.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtomaso View Post
I've read that rainx works for what you are trying to do.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
Just looked that up. I dont know if I'm comfortable with putting that stuff on my TouchPad. Even though others have said it works well.

fishhelmet
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Yeah I was looking for something more like the matte plastic skin I have on my razr

Rootin' and fastbootin' on my Droid razr

cdzo72
Old
Thanks Meter 775

DONATE TO ME
Zagg Skinomi BodyArmorz,

HP TouchPad 32gb
Unofficial CM11

Samsung Galaxy S IV i9505 - Omega ROM v30 NE5
Ktoonsez Kernel

dung8604
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdzo72 View Post
Zagg Skinomi BodyArmorz,
I was about to suggest military shield, but I think I'm going to try skinomi because its half the price with decent reviews (via amazon). I have the military shield on my phone screen, and it is freaking awesome. Crystal clear, NEVER scratches so it seems, fairly resistant to fingerprints, and it has a nice, natural feel to it. Zagg on my cousins vibrant felt waaaaaay too sticky/tacky. Just not natural at all. Will let y'all know when I order/test the skinomi protector.

Infinite Jest
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by dung8604 View Post
I was about to suggest military shield, but I think I'm going to try skinomi because its half the price with decent reviews (via amazon). I have the military shield on my phone screen, and it is freaking awesome. Crystal clear, NEVER scratches so it seems, fairly resistant to fingerprints, and it has a nice, natural feel to it. Zagg on my cousins vibrant felt waaaaaay too sticky/tacky. Just not natural at all. Will let y'all know when I order/test the skinomi protector.
Skinomi is the same tacky crap as zagg.

Sw339
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I find just getting any "Matte" screen protector works wonders. It scatters light, and doesn't seem to attract fingerprints the way those other shiny guards do. I got one on Ebay for $3. Just type in Matte screen protector touchpad for a cheap solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sw339 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

famewolf
Old
Thanks Meter 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sw339 View Post
I find just getting any "Matte" screen protector works wonders. It scatters light, and doesn't seem to attract fingerprints the way those other shiny guards do. I got one on Ebay for $3. Just type in Matte screen protector touchpad for a cheap solution.
Any tips on best approach to apply these where you get no bubbles and it lines up right? I suck at doing these for phones.

Google Nexus 5 - 32mb - Nexus 5 Experience - CM11 Based R8.5
Google Nexus 4 - 16mb - Nexus 5 Experience - CM11 Based R8.5
B&N Nook HD+ 16MB
D70 Pro II Tablet - Generick Mod v6 by darkrickpr [Android 4.1.1]
Logitech Revue - Stock
UG802 - Finless Bob's v1.8

Retired:
TMobile HTC HD2
HTC Inspire 4G

All my devices AND the apps on them: http://www.appbrain.com/user/famewolf