Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM] Degu release archos gen7/gen8 CM7 gingerbread (update 27-01-2013)

OP divx118

22nd April 2012, 03:58 PM   |  #291  
danielsf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Redcar
Thanks Meter: 281
 
726 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Hi, do you think you will ever compliment overclocking, as our tab is starting to get a bit out dated now, plus oveclocking is fun, please? :)
22nd April 2012, 04:07 PM   |  #292  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 196
 
343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsf

Hi, do you think you will ever compliment overclocking, as our tab is starting to get a bit out dated now, plus oveclocking is fun, please? :)

Sorry, that is one thing I don't do and support, but the kernel source is free available on gitorious. There is even a guide how you can compile your kernel here http://dev.openaos.org/wiki/SettingU...enaosgitsource look at https://www.gitorious.org/archos-bui...ependencies.sh to see what dependencies you need to install.
So make your overclocking changes and compile your own.

divx118
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to divx118 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 04:12 PM   |  #293  
danielsf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Redcar
Thanks Meter: 281
 
726 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by divx118

Sorry, that is one thing I don't do and support, but the kernel source is free available on gitorious. There is even a guide how you can compile your kernel here http://dev.openaos.org/wiki/SettingU...enaosgitsource look at https://www.gitorious.org/archos-bui...ependencies.sh to see what dependencies you need to install.
So make your overclocking changes and compile your own.

divx118

Ok fair enough, thanks a lot for the info, I have some basic compiling skills, so I will give it a shot. Thanks you :)
22nd April 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #294  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 230
 
605 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by divx118

Which apps don't work? If you find anything that can solve your issue, please let me know.

BTW I got the USB host port working for mouse and keyboard, also usb mass storage for the sdcard works so you can mount it on your PC. Of course usb mass storage won't work for the internal storage, because the image file is on that and I can't unmount it like mentioned before.
Just need to fix auto mounting usb sticks and clean up some code.
The fix should be in the next release.

divx118

that's great news
thanks divx118! you're doing a great job. Any news on the crackling sound on deep sleep?

My 101 stopped lighting up the screen after it's off, don't know why I always have to reset after the lights off. Ill try reinstalling bull later today to see if I can solve it.

Is there any nightly build or something like it where I can include your usb changes to my new install?
23rd April 2012, 12:32 AM   |  #295  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
hi there all - this might not be openaos specific but maybe someone here knows...
i have a sony arc s with a custom ICS rom on it. the gmail version is 4.0.3 or something like that. i have a widget that shows my gmail emails in a window in the launcher which i can set to whatever label i want. i find this great as i can watch 2 or 3 gmail labels in side by side.
now i dont know if this is specific to the launcher (trebuchet) that came with the rom or it is part of the gmail 4 version but i would love to have this widget on my a70IT. any idea if i can install gmail 4 on it and how or maybe a way of copying the widget from the phone to the tablet?
23rd April 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #296  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoalem

hi there all - this might not be openaos specific but maybe someone here knows...
i have a sony arc s with a custom ICS rom on it. the gmail version is 4.0.3 or something like that. i have a widget that shows my gmail emails in a window in the launcher which i can set to whatever label i want. i find this great as i can watch 2 or 3 gmail labels in side by side.
now i dont know if this is specific to the launcher (trebuchet) that came with the rom or it is part of the gmail 4 version but i would love to have this widget on my a70IT. any idea if i can install gmail 4 on it and how or maybe a way of copying the widget from the phone to the tablet?

No, you need android 4 ics for that
For android 2.3 the latest version is 2.3.something
25th April 2012, 02:21 PM   |  #297  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by divx118

BTW I got the USB host port working for mouse and keyboard

Hello by there divx118.
Just a little question about the working USB Host port. Did you get it working by updating the kernel with the archos one, did you make a modification into the kernel or is the kernel OK and modification into CM?

Just out of curiosity, if it can give me a clue for Ubuntu once I'll get there
25th April 2012, 05:51 PM   |  #298  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 196
 
343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by grim-a101

Hello by there divx118.
Just a little question about the working USB Host port. Did you get it working by updating the kernel with the archos one, did you make a modification into the kernel or is the kernel OK and modification into CM?

Just out of curiosity, if it can give me a clue for Ubuntu once I'll get there

I patched CM7 to insmod the right modules at the right time. See my commit https://www.gitorious.org/openaos-cy...019ad9c9ccfa89

Kernel was ok.

divx118
25th April 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #299  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Thanks for the info, I'll look into that once I get a working rootfs
26th April 2012, 01:50 AM   |  #300  
Senior Member
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 753
 
640 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grim-a101

Thanks for the info, I'll look into that once I get a working rootfs

I don't think that will work for the Ubuntu kernel, the Ubuntu kernel is pretty different. One thing I just thought of is that the A101 has two USB host controllers (correct me if I'm wrong, but it has the host port and the OTG port as well, maybe we need to enable the host port controller in the config).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes