Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Best Case for Photon

OP jpborjav

21st April 2012, 06:00 AM   |  #21  
dragontology's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 244
 
939 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
I want a case, but I'm kinda lost with all the options. A good friend at Sprint and his roommate both swear by Otterbox, and I've heard about them before. One's $20 and the other is $30 on Amazon. What's the difference?

I'm more concerned with protection than convenience, but I want access to the kickstand, charging port, and headphone jack, at least.

All these cases require a separate screen protector, right?
21st April 2012, 09:00 PM   |  #22  
EggSpawn's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Tacoma
Thanks Meter: 3
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Reality

I want a case, but I'm kinda lost with all the options. A good friend at Sprint and his roommate both swear by Otterbox, and I've heard about them before. One's $20 and the other is $30 on Amazon. What's the difference?

I'm more concerned with protection than convenience, but I want access to the kickstand, charging port, and headphone jack, at least.

All these cases require a separate screen protector, right?

I would go with the defender. Provides amazing protection and you still get the kickstand and everything. And it comes with a screen protector but I pop it out cause the gorilla glass is a beast

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
22nd April 2012, 02:53 AM   |  #23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
I have a defender and it works good for me. It protects my phone on the construction site. Most construction worker's smart phones have cracks in the screens.

The downside is its size, its like an early 90s flip phone with the case.

Otterbox also has excellent service, I had a holster break on me and they sent me a new one no questions asked.
23rd April 2012, 12:37 AM   |  #24  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
An alternative to the defender is the SEIDIO surface, it's smaller and gives you the same protection than the otterbox

Sent from my MB855 running CM9/AOKP, xda premium
23rd April 2012, 07:21 PM   |  #25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
152 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2005
defender or commuter, still can't decide
does the commuter have a full screen protector ?
and also i know that the defender have a screen protector built into the case itself
does it feel "tacky" ?
23rd April 2012, 07:59 PM   |  #26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
I cannot speak about the commuter, I have never held one.

The defender built in screen cover does not feel tacky whatsoever. It is a slick plastic screen cover. If you leave it in your pocket it will get small scratches over time and the display wont be quite as crisp with it on but overall its a great screen protector and way better than the film ones that adhere directly to the screen.
23rd April 2012, 09:12 PM   |  #27  
dsims7_2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania, USA
Thanks Meter: 71
 
10
835 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff213

I cannot speak about the commuter, I have never held one.

The defender built in screen cover does not feel tacky whatsoever. It is a slick plastic screen cover. If you leave it in your pocket it will get small scratches over time and the display wont be quite as crisp with it on but overall its a great screen protector and way better than the film ones that adhere directly to the screen.

I agree and I disagree. I have the defender and love it, not scratches what so ever, but I baby the damm thing (I work in IT, so it's not like im in construction).

I had GhostArmour on my EVO. Not only the best film cover out there, they guarentee scratch free, or they replace it!If you can, go to store and have them install it. They have special dryer that they leave it in for 30 minutes, but I had them leave it in for 2 hours!
24th April 2012, 07:50 PM   |  #28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
152 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2005
hi can you guys give me a link to any reputable otter box seller that ship internationally ?
thank you.
24th April 2012, 08:04 PM   |  #29  
dsims7_2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania, USA
Thanks Meter: 71
 
10
835 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-Dee-Q

hi can you guys give me a link to any reputable otter box seller that ship internationally ?
thank you.

Try amazon or even e-bay.
24th April 2012, 08:43 PM   |  #30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
152 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2005
Yeah, i did saw a few on ebay but im afraid if they happened to be fake, is there any fake one?

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
holster, photon
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes