Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Phone reboots when trying to Power off

OP jaison92

11th January 2012, 04:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Flashed this kernel :[Kernel]Skyrocket[2.6.35.14](v0.0.8)OC~1.73GHz/GPU OC/OTG/UV/SLQB/BLN[Jan-08]

Its a great kernel and thanks so much to whoever delvelpoed it but i am having a problem when trying to shutoff the phone. When i press the Power button and slect to Power off. The phone goes black, vibrates, and then restarts. Is there a fix for this? Anything would help because this is a great kernel. Thanks.
11th January 2012, 04:33 AM   |  #2  
appdroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4,314
 
2,495 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
I m guessing this is faux123's kernel and if it is what version are you running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaison92

Flashed this kernel :[Kernel]Skyrocket[2.6.35.14](v0.0.8)OC~1.73GHz/GPU OC/OTG/UV/SLQB/BLN[Jan-08]

Its a great kernel and thanks so much to whoever delvelpoed it but i am having a problem when trying to shutoff the phone. When i press the Power button and slect to Power off. The phone goes black, vibrates, and then restarts. Is there a fix for this? Anything would help because this is a great kernel. Thanks.

11th January 2012, 11:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Running kernel version: 2.6.35.14 on Android : 2.3.5

I'm really only looking for a kernel that let's me use bln control on the skyrocket, is there a better kernel that you know of?
12th January 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #4  
appdroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4,314
 
2,495 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Yes use romracer's kernel its good stock with bln and boothanimation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaison92

Running kernel version: 2.6.35.14 on Android : 2.3.5

I'm really only looking for a kernel that let's me use bln control on the skyrocket, is there a better kernel that you know of?

12th January 2012, 07:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
I just flashed romracer's kernel, and it seems to be very stable but i am still having the reboot problem. When i press the power button and hit power off the phone looks as if its shutting down, goes black, vibrates and restarts. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
12th January 2012, 07:24 AM   |  #6  
appdroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4,314
 
2,495 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
What rom r u using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaison92

I just flashed romracer's kernel, and it seems to be very stable but i am still having the reboot problem. When i press the power button and hit power off the phone looks as if its shutting down, goes black, vibrates and restarts. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

12th January 2012, 02:45 PM   |  #7  
fukenbiker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 54
 
341 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaison92

Flashed this kernel :[Kernel]Skyrocket[2.6.35.14](v0.0.8)OC~1.73GHz/GPU OC/OTG/UV/SLQB/BLN[Jan-08]

Its a great kernel and thanks so much to whoever delvelpoed it but i am having a problem when trying to shutoff the phone. When i press the Power button and slect to Power off. The phone goes black, vibrates, and then restarts. Is there a fix for this? Anything would help because this is a great kernel. Thanks.

You need to unplug the power cord before selecting "power off", is a work around fix for the CM7 w/Da_G's kernel, and I bet it works for your trouble as well.
23rd April 2012, 12:19 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
To add my experience:

My SGS2 runs Android 2.3.4, kernel 2.6.35.7, GINGERBREAD XWKI4). I've had it for just under a year and it has always run the stock Samsung ROM. My phone's not rooted. I've never had any trouble of the kind I'm about to discuss so far.

Today my phone has begun to restart when I power if off. Googled around, saw some people had such problems because of SD card problems. I unmounted the card, removed it, put the battery back in (yes the phone boot up on its own when I inserted the battery). Same problem with no SD in.

I then saw a thread that some people had the phone on the charger when trying to power off (or the phone showed being on the charger when it wasn't - thunder on battery level); my phone shows no thunder and it's not on the charger.

My 8-year old son has taken the phone for a spin today (which means he fires off about a dozen apps aftes he tires of taking pictures and Cutting the Rope).

Any thoughts about how I might go about diagnosing this? Besides rooting my phone, taking a Titaium backup and hard resetting?

Thanks

Nikolas
23rd April 2012, 12:47 AM   |  #9  
icenight89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 738
 
2,643 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
In the future Nickolas please refrain from resurrecting an old thread and post a new one. Also u are in the wrong section, u want the original Samsung Galaxy S2, not the skyrocket (this forum), or the T-Mobile T989, but the i9100
23rd April 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Yes, I realize I posted in the wrong place; I'll post it on the i9100 forum. Thanks for the heads up.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes