Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,898 Members 51,146 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dzo's Aurora ICS for u8800 - General Discussion

Tip us?

Mach III
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Custom sms and ringtones hasn't been working for me since 2.04. I,m using gosms pro to choose ringtones, but all I get now is the default pling or nothing at all. Anybody else with this problem?

riDDimann
Old
Thanks Meter 99
I use Rings Extended for my ringing needs.
The Following User Says Thank You to riDDimann For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chochweet
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cturner1 View Post
I've just flashed my x5 with the u8800 aurora rom. All went well when flashing, but when I go to boot, I get to the screen saying IDEOS, and it stays there. I've left it alone for 30 minutes, and when I get back, it is still there.
I've already updated Clockwork mod to 5.0.2.7.
It's not a major problem, because oxygen rom is still working, but i'm keen to update to ics, and the MIUI roms dont seem to agree with my phone.
hi
u cant install the aurora with 5.0.2.7
u first need to update ur mobile to official 2.3. go for official update package 517 or 518, then install a 5.5.0.4 recovery to ur phone and then try to flash ur rom with aurora or any other rom with .35 kernel
hope u have understood

riDDimann
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Well, dzo's own instructions read:
Quote:
To install, you must have upgraded to the official gingerbread rom and installed CWM recovery 5.0.2.7 or 5.5.0.4.
So either of these is OK. All I can report is that I've always used 5.5.0.4 for Aurora and never had any problems installing. And I don't see a reason why you would want to use an older version.
The official GB bit is very clear though and I don't see how so many people miss it. It's there in the first sentence of the installation instructions. I'm always afraid I might brick my phone, so I read the instructions thoroughly.

mrasquinho
Old
Thanks Meter 209
My question continues, why can't I receive mms read reports? The icon doesn't turn green...

Sent from my U8800 using xda premium
\\ HTC One . 32GB . Silver . S-OFF . SuperCID \\

ersink
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hi all! I installed 2.09 and all things gone good!But when I zoomed in the camera, the photo taken is not zoomed! İs that a bug? Sorry my bad Eng.

FlashTH
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersink View Post
Hi all! I installed 2.09 and all things gone good!But when I zoomed in the camera, the photo taken is not zoomed! İs that a bug? Sorry my bad Eng.
It is a bug, but since it is software zoom, you can just crop the picture to get the zoomed image. Zoom on the phone won't improve quality.

Tcm9669
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach III View Post
Custom sms and ringtones hasn't been working for me since 2.04. I,m using gosms pro to choose ringtones, but all I get now is the default pling or nothing at all. Anybody else with this problem?
For me.. sometimes that happens at random and I will have to reset them!!!!!! That used to happen to me all the time in 2.04, it is because they are on my sdcard.. what I had to do was copy the ringtones into /system/media .. that fixed it but I dont like wasting /system space with ringtones!

So I reformatted my SDCard... now the problem only happened to me once in 2.07. So.. my suggestion is, backup your SDCard, do a quick format, restore your SDcard files.

Tmp341
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I have just installed 2.10. I was having problems while on a call.I had to shout.How can i fix this? x5 settings?

Phone : General Mobile Discovery/BLU Life Play/Gionee E3/Symphony W150
ROM: MIUI v4.8.1
MicroSD: Team 16GB Class 6

Loureiro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 241
2.10 here and gallery thumbnails are all messed up. music app can't find any music file.
Today I tried 3g on all time and the result is: huge battery drain as stated before. barely 8hrs with full charge.

Phone: Galaxy Nexus "Maguro"
Rom: 4.2
Kernel: 4.2
Recovery: TWRP