Top Forum Discussions

Dzo's Aurora ICS for u8800 - General Discussion

672 posts
Thanks Meter: 305

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd April 2012, 03:28 PM |#301  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Custom sms and ringtones hasn't been working for me since 2.04. I,m using gosms pro to choose ringtones, but all I get now is the default pling or nothing at all. Anybody else with this problem?

22nd April 2012, 04:12 PM |#302  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
I use Rings Extended for my ringing needs.
The Following User Says Thank You to riDDimann For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 04:24 PM |#303  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by cturner1

I've just flashed my x5 with the u8800 aurora rom. All went well when flashing, but when I go to boot, I get to the screen saying IDEOS, and it stays there. I've left it alone for 30 minutes, and when I get back, it is still there.
I've already updated Clockwork mod to 5.0.2.7.
It's not a major problem, because oxygen rom is still working, but i'm keen to update to ics, and the MIUI roms dont seem to agree with my phone.

hi
u cant install the aurora with 5.0.2.7
u first need to update ur mobile to official 2.3. go for official update package 517 or 518, then install a 5.5.0.4 recovery to ur phone and then try to flash ur rom with aurora or any other rom with .35 kernel
hope u have understood
22nd April 2012, 05:37 PM |#304  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Well, dzo's own instructions read:
Quote:

To install, you must have upgraded to the official gingerbread rom and installed CWM recovery 5.0.2.7 or 5.5.0.4.

So either of these is OK. All I can report is that I've always used 5.5.0.4 for Aurora and never had any problems installing. And I don't see a reason why you would want to use an older version.
The official GB bit is very clear though and I don't see how so many people miss it. It's there in the first sentence of the installation instructions. I'm always afraid I might brick my phone, so I read the instructions thoroughly.
22nd April 2012, 07:50 PM |#305  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 216

More
My question continues, why can't I receive mms read reports? The icon doesn't turn green...

Sent from my U8800 using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 08:33 PM |#306  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi all! I installed 2.09 and all things gone good!But when I zoomed in the camera, the photo taken is not zoomed! İs that a bug? Sorry my bad Eng.
22nd April 2012, 09:02 PM |#307  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersink

Hi all! I installed 2.09 and all things gone good!But when I zoomed in the camera, the photo taken is not zoomed! İs that a bug? Sorry my bad Eng.

It is a bug, but since it is software zoom, you can just crop the picture to get the zoomed image. Zoom on the phone won't improve quality.
23rd April 2012, 12:03 AM |#308  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach III

Custom sms and ringtones hasn't been working for me since 2.04. I,m using gosms pro to choose ringtones, but all I get now is the default pling or nothing at all. Anybody else with this problem?

For me.. sometimes that happens at random and I will have to reset them!!!!!! That used to happen to me all the time in 2.04, it is because they are on my sdcard.. what I had to do was copy the ringtones into /system/media .. that fixed it but I dont like wasting /system space with ringtones!

So I reformatted my SDCard... now the problem only happened to me once in 2.07. So.. my suggestion is, backup your SDCard, do a quick format, restore your SDcard files.
23rd April 2012, 01:20 PM |#309  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I have just installed 2.10. I was having problems while on a call.I had to shout.How can i fix this? x5 settings?
23rd April 2012, 06:56 PM |#310  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alentejo
Thanks Meter: 305

More
2.10 here and gallery thumbnails are all messed up. music app can't find any music file.
Today I tried 3g on all time and the result is: huge battery drain as stated before. barely 8hrs with full charge.
23rd April 2012, 07:23 PM |#311  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi.. on my u8800 the default launcher on aurora doesn't show the notifications... i had 2.08 and now i have 2.09 and i cant open the notifications tab.. i slide down and nothing happens.. with go launcher works.. and i've been searching in the threads and no one seems to be having this problem... any ideas?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread