Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Voice Dialer Replacement

OP brucegil

3rd April 2012, 07:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 18

259 posts
More
When I upgraded to ICS, I (and everyone else) lost the built-in voice dialer in Android 2.3.4. See the Vivid General forum for details on this. I tried Vlingo, and it worked okay most of the time, but it required a lot of steps. So, I tried Cyberon Voice Commander and was pleased with how well it worked and how closely it matched the original voice dialer when connected to my car's audio system via bluetooth. See my post for more details.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post24400306

There may be other apps that work, so I am not saying this is the only one.
The Following User Says Thank You to brucegil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 01:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag Post Falls
Thanks Meter: 112

540 posts
More
Wild child has voice dialer working on ICS

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
13th April 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 18

259 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmoore208

Wild child has voice dialer working on ICS

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, I saw posts on that. However, because of all the "crash and burn" posts from people trying to install custom ROMs, I think I'm going to wait a while. There is still too much transition right now between GB and ICS, and with S-Off possibly coming "soon."

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
13th April 2012, 05:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 107

437 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegil

Yes, I saw posts on that. However, because of all the "crash and burn" posts from people trying to install custom ROMs, I think I'm going to wait a while. There is still too much transition right now between GB and ICS, and with S-Off possibly coming "soon."

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

That is due to people not understanding the process of flashing a ROM, kernel, etc. There are video guides, written directions, and people who can help to flash correctly. It is real simple if you read and know what to do.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
13th April 2012, 06:51 PM   |  #5  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 17

322 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatronisabeast

That is due to people not understanding the process of flashing a ROM, kernel, etc. There are video guides, written directions, and people who can help to flash correctly. It is real simple if you read and know what to do.

Megatron, didn't you recently have issues? I could have sworn I saw a post of yours. I understand the apprehension of flashing a whole Rom.

Personally, I haven't found much of a use for root or cusMy ICS is dialed in except for voice dial. I just want an app.

14th April 2012, 02:45 PM   |  #6  
Flag Post Falls

540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by willgill

Megatron, didn't you recently have issues? I could have sworn I saw a post of yours. I understand the apprehension of flashing a whole Rom.

Personally, I haven't found much of a use for root or cusMy ICS is dialed in except for voice dial. I just want an app.

I use "IRIS" or "EVA" both are like siri, but Eva takes some getting used to...
14th April 2012, 02:49 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 107

437 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by willgill

No issues here, although I have posted a lot to help others who are having trouble! I can understand how with limited knowledge it can be scary to root your phone, flash a rom, etc. but only if you didn't read up on what you are doing and rush through the steps. Before I got this phone I read about the steps and then when I got it felt comfortable and did everything. I know enough now that if something did happen I could get out of the problem without help.
14th April 2012, 03:04 PM   |  #8  
Flag Post Falls

540 posts
More
To each his own IMO, if he wants to wait its the choice he's made ... But I do believe that myself , MEGATRON and most of WC'S illegitimate children could update h-boot or flash a new Rom blindfolded or heavily intoxicated lol, its gotten that easy
15th April 2012, 09:20 PM   |  #9  
Flag Dallas

322 posts
More
I've flashed the phone two times, unlocked and rooted. It has become much easier. I frankly don't want to set the phone up again.

Also, with custom ROMs you usually trade one problem for another. They usually aren't perfect.

BTW, thanks megatronisabeast for all your help to others.

23rd April 2012, 01:04 AM   |  #10  
Flag Dallas

322 posts
More
I hate to grave dig old topics but this is really bugging me. Again, I have stock ICS so dialed in. I am trying to avoid flashing.

Skyvi has actually come a LONG way towards becoming a Siri-esque app. It just won't wake or activate from a BT headset.

What is everyone lease doing? Flashing custom ROM?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread