Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[P6200/6210/T869] CyanogenMod 9 (DEFUNCT)

Tip us?

locerra
Old
Thanks Meter 1,018

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
You have wifi working (and working with wpa_supplicant) using that? I remember trying that a while ago (perhaps a different version, but using sdio from the 62x0 kernel) with no luck.
As of a few hours ago, yes. I'm on the P6810, so our hardware is not identical, but our atheros chips are.

Quote:
I have to be honest - I'm very seriously considering just patching the 62x0 kernel up to 3.0.26 and seeing how badly things break. It'd probably be best to do that with my recovery partition and "see what happens." I might also take the i9100 ICS kernel source and see what happens with that. Between the two approaches, I might even get a working kernel.
The have some configuration for our devices in the i9100 ics kernel, but unfortunately it doesn't build a working kernel. Teamhacksung's smdk4210 incorporates the i9100 ics kernel, as well as a lot of other fixes.
The Following User Says Thank You to locerra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aorth
Old
(Last edited by aorth; 22nd April 2012 at 02:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,995
Default Mobile data usage tracking

Good afternoon, folks. Looks like I just got ICS's mobile data usage tracking working...

I found a boatload of patches in Cyanogen's Tab 10.1 kernel tree, and they apply cleanly to our c210 kernel... then just figured out which config options we needed. It should work out of the box for P6800 as well, but I'm not sure if about wifi-only variants; I guess you can tell Android to track data on wifi interfaces, but I'm not sure how useful that is.

More info at my blog (for posterity's sake). Back to code.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robyr
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by aorth View Post
It should work out of the box for P6800 as well, but I'm not sure if about wifi-only variants; I guess you can tell Android to track data on wifi interfaces, but I'm not sure how useful that is.
It would be incredibly useful to application developers to monitor app data usage and to isolate major problems with data usage before publication.

aorth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,995
Default GPS is working

GPS seems to be working.

It's 2am and raining outside, so I can't be bothered to see if I can get more than 1 satellite
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisrotolo
Old
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
Outstanding.i have all the faith in the world in you.
Brilliant!

TedNet
Old
Thanks Meter 1
this thread is awesome... hope that the developer could finish this rom.. cant wait to use this incredible rom...

scottypimpin636
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Excellent job guys, keep up the great work!

Sent from my GT-P6200L using xda premium

[David]
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Yyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaahhooooooooooo HOW TO THANK YOU MAAAAAANNNNN You're gonna revive our humor and you rock dude GREAT JOB YOU'RE AMAZING keep pushing

Sent from my GT-P6200 using xda premium
Galaxy Note N7000 : CM10 Anti`s Builds
Motorola Xoom MZ601 : Team EOS builds and kernels
Galaxy Tab Plus P6200 : Finally stock with the Samsung JB release

dzasta
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by aorth View Post
GPS seems to be working.

It's 2am and raining outside, so I can't be bothered to see if I can get more than 1 satellite

Even though i have a P6210, I'm eagerly following this hoping this will port relatively easily over to the 6210.

zenlord77
Old
Thanks Meter 5
awesome

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, delectable zestiness!, gt-p6200, ics, tab 7 plus, vote aorth for recognized developer!