Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kindle Fire ICS (latest build) USB mass toggle app

Tip us?

droidfta
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Kindle Fire ICS (latest build) USB mass toggle app

Hey all, I am using jackpotclavins latest build on my rooted kindle fire. Everything is great and I know ICS lost usb mass storage support, so there is apps on the market to do so. one that everyone uses is USB mass storage toggle, Its even on my droidx with ics. Now this app in older versions will mount but it will mount an unknown file system and it will want me to format it. The newer version does it sometimes. I was wonder if it had to do with the kindle fire having multiple partitions on one memory card? tried to post this to the ics thread in developer sforum but i have less than 10 post.

namurt
Old
Thanks Meter 276
i can't answer your question specifically with respect to usb mass storage toggle, however i'm using an app called dual mount sd ($0.99 on the market) and it's working beautifully for me with the latest ICS build.

ryanhuong
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Been using the AoKP with kernel 6 for a few days and of course don't have USB but I usually transfer over WIFI anyway (that works fine).

Anytime I must use USB I just boot into recovery, mount, do my thing, then unmount and reboot.

Works fine in a pinch.